Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why my girlfriend can't kill anyone in wow pvp but in gw2 beta she destroyed players with elementali

palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
She really can't kill any skilled player in wow, in fact i can't remember when she killed anyone. But how for heaven she got so many kills in gw2 beta pvp if is gw2 so much about skills???

Comments

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Some people are better at different games? I dont know what to tell you mate

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Because in WoW, gear is what matters. : )

*WoW-fanboy response incoming.*

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Maybe because WoW is gear-based. Maybe GW2 is just a lot more intuitive.

I dunno, bro.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

A matter of perception i guess.

Or maybe the elementalist just fits.

Apart from that i have absolutly no idea.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage
    Maybe because WoW is gear-based. Maybe GW2 is just a lot more intuitive.I dunno, bro.

Alot has managed to ninja someone! It's a miracle!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Your girlfriend likely can't kill anyone skilled in GW2 either. Not everyone is skilled in GW2 just like not everyone is skilled in WoW.

Are you trying to say she never killed anyone in bgs in WoW? 

• dudeduder45dudeduder45 Member Posts: 67
    U sure have a lot of confidence in her abilities don't u? Maybe gw2 combat is more comfortable for her or feels more natural.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by palulalula
    She really can't kill any skilled player in wow, in fact i can't remember when she killed anyone. But how for heaven she got so many kills in gw2 beta pvp if is gw2 so much about skills???

Perhaps she is better than you think. Gear can be a major contributor to being average and being superb. She is on an even playing field now. Congratulate her and make her a nice candle light dinner, she may kill you next. o.O

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Originally posted by Alot

She died from 84 level lock. Rogue 85lev full pvp geared destroyed from 84 lev lock  lol. Do i need to say more ?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Well does she have at least green gear?

Not gonna kill anyone running around in whites.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Might have something to do with you being full of BS maybe? Get some videos of her pvp in WoW and lets see why she cant kill anybody.

Proof or it didnt happen I say

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

She died from 84 level lock. Rogue 85lev full pvp geared destroyed from 84 lev lock  lol. Do i need to say more ?

And in GW2, a 79 will likely beat her when she is 80 assuming she is playing against a skilled player and she is as bad as you say she is.

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

Hmmmmm.

How does one that can't kill anyone in PVP get full PVP gear I wonder? 

Originally posted by Adzija
    Originally posted by palulalula Originally posted by Alot Because in WoW, gear is what matters. : ) *WoW-fanboy response incoming.*
    Hmmmmm.

*Claps*

Congratulations sir, you just pressed the /thread button.

This thread didn't last long. : P

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Isnt' this obvious?  GEAR!  I too had a hard time in WoW in pvp, I was never very good and always got my butt handed to me.  In GW2, I had a blast and it turned me into a pvper.  For me, because I was on even footing with everyone else gear wise and also because I had a very finite set of skills to use in the situation, unlike WoW which has far too many skills and abilities, most of which centered around CC or breaking CC, plus the whole rock, paper, scissors design of WoW classes.  Not so in GW2 where each and every class can kill each and every other class equally.  Or so it seemed to me.  

Overall, another reason this game is AWESOME, not only is the PVE a blast and challenging for folks like myself, but the PVP doesn't make me feel like a 2 year old.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Hmmmmm.

Well, if she has full PvP gear, but never kills anybody.... presumably he actually plays the game for her because he doesn't trust her with it.

Which would explain why she sucks at WoW, since he did all the leveling and gearing for her, so she has no gameplay experience on the few occasions she manages to sneak a game in.

... while in GW2, at least nobody had much gameplay experience, so she wasn't inconvenienced by that.

I think this all fits the facts as given, case closed.

Hmmmmm.

well you do bg sir and she is always last on list with kb

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Hurr, maybe she's better at GW2 than she is at WoW?
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

A few reasons...

1.  This is by FAR the most important reason.  WoW is an old game.  As a game gets older, the players that actually stick around become much better at it on average.  Newer games have lots of new casual players, and even the hardcore players don't have enough time in the game to be really really good.  If you want to test this theory out, try playing MW4 and then play Counterstrike source.  Notice the difference :)?

2.  In WoW gear matters more.  It is possible that your GF was undergeared.

3.  GW2 is just a different game, it's quite possible that your GF is just better at it than she is at WoW.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Takes 10 times longer to die in GW2, in WoW it can literaly be over in a blink of an eye.  You can afford to slack a little in GW2 PvP in WoW you have to be on your game 100%, but as many have said gear if big factor in WoW in GW2 it matters much less.

But yeah 2 different games two very different styles of play.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    skilled players and WoW should not be used in the same sentence.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Ecoces
    skilled players and WoW should not be used in the same sentence.

DO NOT FEED!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    C'mon Cres, you skipped the easiest answer entirely.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Post history, guys, post history... image
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by expresso

Takes 10 times longer to die in GW2, in WoW it can literaly be over in a blink of an eye.  You can afford to slack a little in GW2 PvP in WoW you have to be on your game 100%, but as many have said gear if big factor in WoW in GW2 it matters much less.

But yeah 2 different games two very different styles of play.

Well this is true,

This discussion has been closed.