Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favourite RPG game

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Dragon Age: Origins for sure.

I like Final Fantasy X on the PS2 also.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

dragon age 1&2

the witcher 1

neverwinter nights 1&2

divine divinity

those off the top of my head..i have heard loads of people complain about dragon age 2 but to me its a great game.yes the classes are kind of missing .it has less depth than dragon age 1 but nevertheless its still fun playing it.

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368
    I find it impossible to name one. However, I still fondly remember Ultima V, Dungeon Master and the likes.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Ultima IV

Legacy of the Ancients (a lost gem)

Pool of Radiance

Baldur's Gate

Yeah, I'm stuck in the past. 

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by vigg2004

Ultima IV

Legacy of the Ancients (a lost gem)

Pool of Radiance

Baldur's Gate

Yeah, I'm stuck in the past. 

That's because those games were generally better.

My favorite RPG is Morrowind.

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

I'd say my top 4 are:

1. Fallout 2

2. Morrowind

3. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

4. Neverwinter Nights 2

I think Fallout 2 is a game I played for about 3+ years. Can't remeber any SP game that held my interest for so long. And first game that I knew of that had option to continue playing after you finish main story, (there were probably games with that option before but I didn't know of them) so for me Fallout 2 is still top.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

It's a deathmatch between Oblivion, Guild Wars and Neverwinter Nights 2.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    My favorite RPG is the Suikoden (Suikogaiden) Series, specially Suikoden 2 but i love all of them

• CeleustaCeleusta Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    My favorite RPG is the Suikoden (Suikogaiden) Series, specially Suikoden 2 but i love all of them

I love those too. Loved the fact that they're usually based more on political intrigue and coups than typical 'save the world' stuff. It was awesome rising up and adding to your stronghold, plus with all the stars of destiny, you could really have unique, interesting parties. It's a real shame that they haven't done anything else with the series in recent years. III, IV, and V were not as good as the first two IMO but they still offered something unique to the RPG market.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Fallout 1&2

Baldur's Gate 2

TSW

Under a Killing Moon (if that counts)

Arcanum

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by wungun

You can favour more than one RPG game and share it with us on this thread, so i'll start with mine.

So far Skyrim is my favourite because of it's beautiful world design, gameplay improvements over the previous title (Oblivion), slaying dragons and the kickass theme song! image

Honourable mentions also are

KOTOR (the first one, never played the second one though)

Mount and Blade Warband (the best swordplay game ever imo)

Fallout 3 (the best post-apocalyptic RPG I've ever played)

Diablo 2 (Awesome franchise that started the Action-RPG genre, correct me if I'm wrong)

Oblivion (This game was amazing at the time, but now I'm playing Skyrim)

You should really play Morrowind, it is by FAR the best Elderscrolls game.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Celeusta
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I love those too. Loved the fact that they're usually based more on political intrigue and coups than typical 'save the world' stuff. It was awesome rising up and adding to your stronghold, plus with all the stars of destiny, you could really have unique, interesting parties. It's a real shame that they haven't done anything else with the series in recent years. III, IV, and V were not as good as the first two IMO but they still offered something unique to the RPG market.

agreed.. I really really wish Konami make more of them but keep their core game and storytelling intact..... I personally would not want Suikoden to evolve the same way FF did. It changed drastically from its roots.

edit: i also love from Suikoden that in every game there is mention of something from the previous game, and also some characters still show up on the next games

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    Baldur's Gate I & II for sure, played those for hundres of hours

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    My favorite is Fallout 3. I do not even have a close runner up. The setting, the story and the game systems were all excellent.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Starfired
    Originally posted by wungun
    Originally posted by fenistil

Fallout 2

Other honorable mentions:

- Fallout 1

- Baldur's Gate 2

- Planescape Torment

- Morrowind

- Skyrim - though too much simplification and streamlining - if they go further down this line with next TESO - I won't buy it

I consider Diablo as a hack & slash genre, not crpg.

Mount & Blade is combat / tactic game & deatchmatch pvp multiplayer - I also don't consider it an rpg.  Well there is crpg mod, but I guess we talk un-modded version.

Well Mount and Blade does have Skills, Attributes and Levels which contribute to character progression, so it's an RPG :D

So apparently a game that has skills attribute and levels make the game a 'role playing game'. Ok gotcha

Alright then how would you define an RPG? Please tell me this right now

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

Golden Sun 1

Icewind Dale 1

Fallout: New Vegas

Demon's Souls / Dark Souls

Pokemon Red

Neverwinter Nights 1

The World Ends With You

Dungeon Siege 1

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stone

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Final Fantasy series.

.Hack series (The first ones)

Kingdom Hearts series

Star Ocean 3, til the end of time

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Wizardry 1

Bard's Tale

Ultima 2 

Wizardry 8

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Skyrim + 250 graphic and gameplay mods + 3D + HMZ-T1 = best RPG experience ever. So immersive its incredible
  • Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Story-wise, Baldurs Gate 2 and Morrowind. Immersion and graphics wise, Skyrim. Skyrim disappointed me with its medicore guild quests and rather anti-climatic main quest ending, but its bar none probably the most gorgeous, detailed and interesting game worlds to explore.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Dungeons and Dragons 3.x edition.  Nothing beats having a group of friends over to do some collaborative story telling.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• clairrclairr Member Posts: 3
    Diablo 3 for me.

We offer the lowest prices during the past 8 years. MMORPG related services. WoW gold $12.6=10K now. Secure and fast delivery. www.dgamesky1.com

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Dragon age 

Avenum escape from the pit

BG2

Fallout 3

Divinity 2

The Witcher 2  and 1

Mass effect 2

Kotar

SWTOR

Vampire Masquerade

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Shining Force 2   <- amazing game, tops all my others by miles

Gothic

Landstalker

Monster Hunter