Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2, the most unoriginal game ever.

123457»

Comments

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by cpupower
    3 million is correct http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/korean-brokerage-firm-estimates-gw2-cd-sales/ 

That's an estimate and it says at the end of the year, not first day sales.

• cpupowercpupower Member Posts: 28
    Still almost 3 million...which was what I orininally posted :p
  • everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

Who cares if it's 1 milion, 3 or 10? Is it some contest? I would be perfectly fine with a solid 300k playerbase for next few years.. who likes crowd and lags..... I don't need a game I like to be super popular...

Estimates are always estimates... you will post a korean brokerage firm estimates, some Billy Bob living in trailer park will say his estimates are more accurate... and you can't prove anything, so screw it.

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227

Sorry to be just getting my +1 here without contributing to the discussion (guilty, sorry again) but:

I read the OP only and have no idea of what the topic became but one question comes to mind straight away: How comes a trolling from a user with 1 post ends up having 10 pages of replies? I tought those threads were supposed to be ignored...

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by PieRad
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by seridan

It is kinda of a get-out-of-jail card, since if you don't incl. that in your post, you'll be met with meaningless responses like the OP, "Troll", instead of discussion.

And now that people are done with calling OP all kinds shit, they turn their evil GW2 fanboy eyes at me, can't have someone on this forum who likes to see both positives and negatives discussed, it's IMPOSSIBLE! :P

Just because OP didn't follow what you guys appearently think is a correct way to put up negatives to discuss, doesn't mean you can't discuss OP's points in a civil manner, instead of just dismissing it with "Troll", or just leave the thread all together.

You could discuss why YOU think GW2 is original, why it got tactics involved etc. etc.

But he is very much entitled to think GW2 is the biggest turd to ever come out of the gaming industry, if he wants.

The problem with the OP is he doesn't have ANY POINTS.

He says GW2 is unoriginal, if you made a post expressing your own opinion about why you think it is original, then you got a discussion, or why you think GW2 does have good gameplay and strategies.

Simple really.

So you are here to moderate the GW2 forums?  Very impressive and good luck in your venture, but if I were you I would not be so hypocritical. If you want to discuss the topic then do so. 

I ain't here to moderate anything, I just think GW2 fanboys have blinders on.

Every single time a thread has a negative spin, you dismiss it with "Troll", if the thread is positive, you're all over it, "omg, omg, omg, YES, you're right!!!"

And yes, you're one of them old man.

Necessary? Borders on personal attack. Please refrain from further posts like this please.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by everland

Who cares if it's 1 milion, 3 or 10? Is it some contest? I would be perfectly fine with a solid 300k playerbase for next few years.. who likes crowd and lags..... I don't need a game I like to be super popular...

Estimates are always estimates... you will post a korean brokerage firm estimates, some Billy Bob living in trailer park will say his estimates are more accurate... and you can't prove anything, so screw it.

Who cares? The shareholders, who after all, is who it is ultimately aall about.

Why is ths thread running anyway obviously an account created to troll.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Pierad

Do you really think the OP had a point other than to irritate people? If you're killing time and entertaining yourself so be it but I'd be surprised if you really thought there was a legitimate point to starting this thread.
  • megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239
    The better question is where are the moderators and why hasn't this thread been locked yet.
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by cpupower
    Still almost 3 million...which was what I orininally posted :p

actually if you read this you'll find that they haven't yet hit 1M. they say "For Guild Wars 2 and the pre-sales volume, right now, actually we have been able to exceed our expectations. I don't know what the market expectations have been. And whether we will be able to hit 1 million copies, or not is something that I cannot say. But I can say that our numbers are very strong."

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by love-da-bush

How comes a trolling from a user with 1 post ends up having 10 pages of replies? I tought those threads were supposed to be ignored...

I don't think most people have a problem with the OP, i think most people have a problem with that Pie guy who keeps defending him. He keeps on rambling about how the OP is merely giving his opinion (lol) and how we should respond to him with intelligent counterarguments. He then uses the famous "Don't get me wrong, i like GW2, but..." tactic to give people the illusion that he's this neutral white knight who protects the poor innocent OP because he was "just giving his opinion". He views all the people who think the OP is a troll as blind fanboys. To top it off, he's using the "lol i'm not mad, i'm actually enjoying this thread, it's amusing" excuse, to let people know he somehow doesn't care about all of this, when it's so ridicoulously obvious that he does.

The OP wasn't giving his opinion, he was trolling/flaming. If you seriously can't see this, then i feel sorry for you..

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Wizardry

You know you COULD talk about why GW2 IS original,IF you actually care to discuss instead of flaming.He is merely stating GW2 is unoriginal which is open for discussion, he is not attacking any users so lay low on the flaming and insulting it is immature really.

ON TOPIC...

LOL [League of Legends] i agree is taking storm it will be the biggest esport on this planet,although that is nothing different than Wow,just numbers,numbers do not support quality.Toyota Camry was number one care like 4-5 years in a row a while back,it doesn't prove the car is of the highest quality.Personally i find LOL to have too small of maps and the surroundings have little if any  impact which is not good for pvp action.

The debate over Wow being any more original depends if you actually look at THE GAME.What do people do in Wow from level 1>>>onwards?Yep same as GW1 GW2 follow quest markers around  OR event markers,really the SAME purpose and same result.GW2 has a different type monetary system that is a result of doing events.So the ONLY real difference can be talked about in end game.Well my opinion is that end game is NOT "THE GAME".End game is actually shallow content to try and keep players coming back and really shows the developer has little skill in designing content. this is wrong on a great many levels. sure they use questmarkers and levels and waypoints and this and that. so what? so does borderlands. is that unoriginal from WoW? you're only looking at surface mechanics and ascribing to them vast importance. you might as well compare their uses of 3d environments and character models. the end game is a valid concern however you have not seen the end game, much less played it. no one has. not in any depth at least. besides, how is a net of difficult events any less interesting that Wow style raids? in my opinion it's infinitely more interesting. instead of repeating the same exact dungeon over and over, hoping to get new gear, you are actively directing the curse of events over a large area. that's pretty darn original. moreover, there is no gear grind. there is some gear progression, but there isn't some uber set out there. it all has a flat cap.

Wow has raid dungeons, nothing unique there,every game has it.BG well some games have it and is NOT the best form of pvp,that is just more instance gaming which contradicts the purpose of making an MMO.

So what is left to distinguish GW2 being original and or Wow being better,PVP? the mechanics they use for pvp are unique to this time in mmorpgs. that's not to say they haven't been done before, simply that no other game that is functiong well on the market at this time has comparable pvp (besides the spvp matches). If so share your discussion no need for anger or insults.Personally about all i can figure for being different and IS actually unique to rpg's is the dodging and death hold.Dodging is an Unreal idea first brought out by Epic games.It is definitely done MUCH different in GW2 which makes it quite unique.The prolonged death idea,is  different,i am not so into it considering i prefer realism,you are either dead or you are not.I am sure there are ideas GW2 must have,GW2 players shoudl be proud of the game they play and SHOULD have ideas to share and prove the OP wrong. the sticking point i see your thinking is that gw2 is trying to do things no one else has done before ever. wrong. yes dodging/active combat has been done. yes matched pvp has been done. yes this yes that. however, gw2 is bringing all these things together in one mmo. moreover they are doing a damn fine job of it.

Quality post, thanks.

i'll bite.

edit: i would write more but i need to leave

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    Originally posted by everland

Who cares? The shareholders, who after all, is who it is ultimately aall about.

Why is ths thread running anyway obviously an account created to troll.

No, it is not at all about shareholders. It's not the shareholders who pay for the game, it's the players. Shareholders actually make money on the game (at least that's what they hope for). The players, those who pay for the game, are the ones who decide if the game will be succesfull or not, and if anybody will make money from it.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Originally posted by megera23
    The better question is where are the moderators and why hasn't this thread been locked yet.

Its Sunday...sometimes I sleep in a bit...

Locking down this thread now.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.