Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2, the most unoriginal game ever.

Comments

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Originally posted by PieRad
    Originally posted by Nilenya
    Originally posted by everland

You all know he had no intention for discussion, he just wrote very bad opinion about a game, with no arguments, and disappeared.

Why do some of you keep defending him?

I understand if he wrote a wall of text with valid arguments, explained why he hates the game, and then people started bashing him, but this? "I hate the game, because it's bad, because I said so"... and every one goes "let the man give his opinion", "he has rights", come on....  this is the only forum, guy like this will get support xd

Personally I like to defend the little guy. Even if he walks into a room full of enthusiasts to tell them their interest sucks donkeyballs. He becomes a victim, and victims are allways right. Just like I am, if Im offended by anything you say!

I feel that reality should bend to accomodate idiots (just talking generalities here), and when it doesnt, well I take it upon myself to try and make it do so. I think you are rude to state your opinions about the OP's post.  hah! now what?

- In this case, if you ignore that the OP didnt contribute anything, except to incite a little highjinx, and only expressed his negative view in an inflammatory manner, you could say he was just an innocent bystander who happened to post in a rabid forum and got attacked for no reason. - You have to ignore than he wasnt forced to post on the GW2 forums, and you have to asume he expected it to be full of other people who didnt like the game - But if you apply these little tidbits of illogic - then we can have that reality where idiots are accomodated  when people like me rise like knights in shining armor, to keep reality locked down by a few illogic conclusions.

If that didnt happen where would the OP be? Why; the thread would have ended after just 1 page. The horror! this has been such a wonderous journey of 10+ pages. Im feeling much better for having read through all of it. Might you not secretly feel the same?

OP, I will protect you. In fact I salute your choice in posting as you did. I might pray that you would apply your logic in real life. Try it out in a pub next time a soccer game is on. Get a chair, stand on it, and proclaim how much the home team sucks. This would work best if you went to Manchester. I would love it if you video taped this.

Also, if you wouldnt mind; could you please tell your audience, while they are culturedly arguing their point of view with you, that you have a right to your opinion, I think that would increase the comedic value of the clip. 

It's funny how you guys make similarities between making a negative post and walking into a bar full of bikers or go in on the wrong side of the stadium and then throw around insults... How did he insult any of you, because he dislikes something you like? That's something you put upon yourself then.

You're not that badass, you're gamers, on a forum.

And you're not actually a knight in shining armor, defending the weak or feeding the homeless. Youre just a guy on a forum, defending the OP against those not badass gamers, on a forum. But do carry on LOL.

Ps. Im not saying he insulted anyone. Im just saying it is stupidly stupid to expect other than what happened, or be up at arms about it. Some things are going to come from posting in a forum full of fans of the game. If you are going to act as though its unnatural and strange even, that these reactions occur, then Im afraid there's just no help for it. Except: Grab something really scoldingly hot, and keep a firm grip on it, till reality forms for you :)

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by palulalula
    Well this is first  good post on this forum. What you except from  mediocre team as Anet or whats ever???? Only name is original

Hmm, seems to an encrypted message, can anyone decipher this?

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Wizardry

The debate over Wow being any more original depends if you actually look at THE GAME.What do people do in Wow from level 1>>>onwards?Yep same as GW1 GW2 follow quest markers around  OR event markers,really the SAME purpose and same result.

Except you can't, because they aren't static.

If you're talking about hearts, please leave because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

You know you COULD talk about why GW2 IS original,IF you actually care to discuss instead of flaming.

In my case I could care less about what he thinks of the game.

The "Incendiary Grenade+Me Too" tactic, on the other hand, is an every-weekend occurance.  It even moves from forum to forum.

The first-post forum alts being selected for tossing the Grenades only makes it more certainly hate-motivated.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by everland

You all know he had no intention for discussion, he just wrote very bad opinion about a game, with no arguments, and disappeared.

Why do some of you keep defending him?

I understand if he wrote a wall of text with valid arguments, explained why he hates the game, and then people started bashing him, but this? "I hate the game, because it's bad, because I said so"... and every one goes "let the man give his opinion", "he has rights", come on....  this is the only forum, guy like this will get support xd

Personally I like to defend the little guy. Even if he walks into a room full of enthusiasts to tell them their interest sucks donkeyballs. He becomes a victim, and victims are allways right. Just like I am, if Im offended by anything you say!

I feel that reality should bend to accomodate idiots (just talking generalities here), and when it doesnt, well I take it upon myself to try and make it do so. I think you are rude to state your opinions about the OP's post.  hah! now what?

- In this case, if you ignore that the OP didnt contribute anything, except to incite a little highjinx, and only expressed his negative view in an inflammatory manner, you could say he was just an innocent bystander who happened to post in a rabid forum and got attacked for no reason. - You have to ignore than he wasnt forced to post on the GW2 forums, and you have to asume he expected it to be full of other people who didnt like the game - But if you apply these little tidbits of illogic - then we can have that reality where idiots are accomodated  when people like me rise like knights in shining armor, to keep reality locked down by a few illogic conclusions.

If that didnt happen where would the OP be? Why; the thread would have ended after just 1 page. The horror! this has been such a wonderous journey of 10+ pages. Im feeling much better for having read through all of it. Might you not secretly feel the same?

OP, I will protect you. In fact I salute your choice in posting as you did. I might pray that you would apply your logic in real life. Try it out in a pub next time a soccer game is on. Get a chair, stand on it, and proclaim how much the home team sucks. This would work best if you went to Manchester. I would love it if you video taped this.

Also, if you wouldnt mind; could you please tell your audience, while they are culturedly arguing their point of view with you, that you have a right to your opinion, I think that would increase the comedic value of the clip. 

It's funny how you guys make similarities between making a negative post and walking into a bar full of bikers or go in on the wrong side of the stadium and then throw around insults... How did he insult any of you, because he dislikes something you like? That's something you put upon yourself then.

You're not that badass, you're gamers, on a forum.

And you're not actually a knight in shining armor, defending the weak or feeding the homeless. Youre just a guy on a forum, defending the OP against those not badass gamers, on a forum. But do carry on LOL.

Ps. Im not saying he insulted anyone. Im just saying it is stupidly stupid to expect other than what happened, or be up at arms about it. Some things are going to come from posting in a forum full of fans of the game. If you are going to act as though its unnatural and strange even, that these reactions occur, then Im afraid there's just no help for it. Except: Grab something really scoldingly hot, and keep a firm grip on it, till reality forms for you :)

Actually, I am a knight in shining armor, I'm wearing it right now, bit uncomfy, but it looks alright.

And I don't hink OP is weak or homeless.

Definitely not up in arms about anything, I quite enjoyed this thread, kept me entertained for a good while now, especially the hate mail I recieved from a fellow dane telling me that I'm stigmatizing the entire country, that stuff had me laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

Originally posted by palulalula
    Well this is first  good post on this forum. What you except from  mediocre team as Anet or whats ever???? Only name is original

Hmm, seems to an encrypted message, can anyone decipher this?

It seems to say "If you say anything bad about GW2 you're right, but if you praise it you're wrong."

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

You know you COULD talk about why GW2 IS original,IF you actually care to discuss instead of flaming.He is merely stating GW2 is unoriginal which is open for discussion, he is not attacking any users so lay low on the flaming and insulting it is immature really.

ON TOPIC...

LOL [League of Legends] i agree is taking storm it will be the biggest esport on this planet,although that is nothing different than Wow,just numbers,numbers do not support quality.Toyota Camry was number one care like 4-5 years in a row a while back,it doesn't prove the car is of the highest quality.Personally i find LOL to have too small of maps and the surroundings have little if any  impact which is not good for pvp action.

The debate over Wow being any more original depends if you actually look at THE GAME.What do people do in Wow from level 1>>>onwards?Yep same as GW1 GW2 follow quest markers around  OR event markers,really the SAME purpose and same result.GW2 has a different type monetary system that is a result of doing events.So the ONLY real difference can be talked about in end game.Well my opinion is that end game is NOT "THE GAME".End game is actually shallow content to try and keep players coming back and really shows the developer has little skill in designing content.

Wow has raid dungeons, nothing unique there,every game has it.BG well some games have it and is NOT the best form of pvp,that is just more instance gaming which contradicts the purpose of making an MMO.

So what is left to distinguish GW2 being original and or Wow being better,PVP?If so share your discussion no need for anger or insults.Personally about all i can figure for being different and IS actually unique to rpg's is the dodging and death hold.Dodging is an Unreal idea first brought out by Epic games.It is definitely done MUCH different in GW2 which makes it quite unique.The prolonged death idea,is  different,i am not so into it considering i prefer realism,you are either dead or you are not.I am sure there are ideas GW2 must have,GW2 players shoudl be proud of the game they play and SHOULD have ideas to share and prove the OP wrong.

Quality post, thanks.

Here's the thing...

First, I'm not going to get caught up with the word "original" because it's so ridiculously subjective and every game is heavily influenced by its predecessors so I don't see the point in discussing it.  Minecraft, for all it's indie awesomeness isn't even all that original...see infiminer.  Instead, it's better to talk about whether GW2 is a good game or not...not whether its original.

Second, we've had this conversation before.  In fact, we've had it probably hundreds of times, and usually at least once a day.  There are essays, several essays on this forum alone explaining why GW2 is good and why it will likely be successful.  I'm not going to bother writing another.

If anyone on this forum honestly wanted to know why people like GW2...it would probably take under a minute to find out.  But really...I highly doubt that you guys are interested in finding any legitimate reasons.  You just want to stir the pot.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47

Definitely not up in arms about anything, I quite enjoyed this thread, kept me entertained for a good while now, especially the hate mail I recieved from a fellow dane telling me that I'm stigmatizing the entire country, that stuff had me laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

It's his opinion, you know,, you have to take it serious, not laugh at it. I'd reply with some well crafted arguments why it's not the case.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    He waited silently in the dark for his moment!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Originally posted by Icewhite

You know you COULD talk about why GW2 IS original,IF you actually care to discuss instead of flaming.

In my case I could care less about what he thinks of the game.

The "Incendiary Grenade+Me Too" tactic, on the other hand, is an every-weekend occurance.  It even moves from forum to forum.

The first-post forum alts being selected for tossing the Grenades only makes it more purely hate-motivated.

You're paranoid if you're implying that I made alts in 2010 so I could come and troll you in 2012 on a brand new account.

And I'm gonna play GW2 myself, so why would I hate on people for liking the game, I like it too.

It's not some big conspiracy going on.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Who cares just 5 more days and we wont even check this forum for another month or 2.
    But then its MoP's turn or something.
    Maybe even the dropping sub numbers of TSW ?
    Or haters bashing Planetside 2 not being an MMORPG but a Battlefield Clone :P

After GW2 something else is going to be picked with pitchforks and burning crosses.

have fun :P

Originally posted by Pilut

It's his opinion, you know,, you have to take it serious, not laugh at it. I'd reply with some well crafted arguments why it's not the case.

I did.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    when ever I read posts like this all I can think is, so thats what it would be like if the sound of a turd got turned in to text then posted on a forum and it makes me laugh inside.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

You're paranoid if ... (etc.)

And you're paranoid if you think I was talking about you.  You made that mistake once before (post 72-73), too.

Moving along now.  Mods?  Please clean up this mess of a thread.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Ahh a good sunday morning read.

OP bails after drive by bait, one person left to justify his post, I just think it was Pie who is bored and posted the bait just to enjoy the sunday morning.

but thats just my "original opinion"

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67
    Forum Trolling, the most unoriginal game ever.
  • cpupowercpupower Member Posts: 28
    ROFL!!! chadoo2137 you are a Trolling Beast!!!! GW2 has already broken every sales record. last count is almost 3 million,and the game has'nt even launched. I wonder how many copies of the most original game would sale? 100 million copies. according to chadoo2137 success is measured of how many free copies of a game you can give away i.e. (league of Legends). BTW "League of Legends" is a re-hash of Warcraft 3 and Riot is mostty ex-Blizzard devs.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Just popping by to get my post count up.

kthxbye.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by cpupower
    ROFL!!! chadoo2137 you are a Trolling Beast!!!! GW2 has already broken every sales record. last count is almost 3 million,and the game has'nt even launched. I wonder how many copies of the most original game would sale? 100 million copies. according to chadoo2137 success is measured of how many free copies of a game you can give away i.e. (league of Legends). BTW "League of Legends" is a re-hash of Warcraft 3 and Riot is mostty ex-Blizzard devs.

Sorry, the game hasn't sold 3 million copies yet.

I'd say 1.3m at most.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by chadoo2137
    Oh wow, a new "Guild Wars" that looks just like every other 3d fantasy mmo on the market right now. I love how the devs are trying to make it sound like they have invented original items and stories when they will obviously be a re-hash of old items with a new twist. Reagardless of what you think, the only lucartive 3D mmo on the market is "WOW."  Graphics are great when you first see them, but after a week, it's old hat. Gameplay and stratagies are what people are looking for in a PVP or PVE battle mmo. This is what is making "League Of Legends" the power house it is right now and only geeting larger. 

So you waited 2 1/2 years to make this your first post?

Noone will take you serious. lol

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by sammyeli

OP bails after drive by bait, one person left to justify his post, I just think it was Pie who is bored and posted the bait just to enjoy the sunday morning.

I don't play WoW, and I don't play LoL, and I don't think your opinion is original, the royals seems to share this point of view.

I was bored, and I did enjoy my sunday so far though.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum.

To be honest, there's a difference between expressing an opinion and trolling. I'm no fanboi of GW2 either, but it's not too common to see a fantasy MMO that incorporates a class like the Engineer and such. 

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

I don't play WoW, and I don't play LoL, and I don't think your opinion is original, the royals seems to share this point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt5Nf7ct5c

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

I think we need to nominate PieRad for a new title on the MMORPG GW2 Forums...

Eternal Flame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dt5Nf7ct5c

http://www.politicsforum.org/images/flame_warriors/flame_19.php

I'm a special kind of special *drools*

This discussion has been closed.