Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2, the most unoriginal game ever.

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Dranny
    Originally posted by dzoni87

Oh, you need keyboard and mouse for playing GW2... How unoriginal, duuuuh :P

God dammit I thought I might be able to use telekinesis with this game Im so p****d off right now i'll have to find something else to play.

You don't have an NVIDIA chip in your brain bro?

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I agree 100%
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    This thread, the most unoriginal troll ever.

This should of ended this thread, halting the attention the OP craves.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I have only one question....

Why is this thread still open?   This OP is not opinion, it's obvious bait.  I can't think of another thread MORE obvious.  Are there mods on the weekends?  Perhaps not.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by PieRad
    Why is it worse if he's serious? Because you think his opinion is wrong, and it hurts you?

When someone is declared a troll, it's assumed that they know the truth and are purposely ignoring it for the sake of some fun.

But if that troll turns out of be serious, it is worse because that means they are just legitimately stupid.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Seems like a LoL advertisment to me.

Things are that  bad people...we win!!

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Wolfynsong
    Why is it worse if he's serious? Because you think his opinion is wrong, and it hurts you?

When someone is declared a troll, it's assumed that they know the truth and are purposely ignoring it for the sake of some fun.

But if that troll turns out of be serious, it is worse because that means they are just legitimately stupid.

And the truth would be that GW2 is the most amazing game to ever be created?

Stupid to who? only those who doesn't share his opinion.. maybe you're the stupid one from his perspective.

Just saying.

I don't share OP's opinion, but I don't dismiss it either, regardless of how he presented it.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

You all know he had no intention for discussion, he just wrote very bad opinion about a game, with no arguments, and disappeared.

Why do some of you keep defending him?

I understand if he wrote a wall of text with valid arguments, explained why he hates the game, and then people started bashing him, but this? "I hate the game, because it's bad, because I said so"... and every one goes "let the man give his opinion", "he has rights", come on....  this is the only forum, guy like this will get support xd

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Too much credit with Rebel Leader, it appears.  Gonna have to downgrade that to Rebel Without a Clue.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• MarXonMarXon Member Posts: 22
    Someone is in denial. The guy is a troll, and a successful troll at that. A user with 1 post starts a new, very controversial thread, then never ever comment again in that thread. The guy dropped a bomb, then left, a we're going on for 12 pages now.
  • MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by everland

You all know he had no intention for discussion, he just wrote very bad opinion about a game, with no arguments, and disappeared.

I understand if he wrote a wall of text with valid arguments, explained why he hates the game, and then people started bashing him, but this? "I hate the game, because it's bad, because I said so"... and every one goes "let the man give his opinion", "he has rights", come on....  this is the only forum, guy like this will get support xd

Trolls defend trolls and pretend the obvious trolling isn't trolling.   It's what they do.   And when they act like fools, get called out for acting like fools, they double down on acting like fools all while pretending those who call them out are just terribly mean people trying to suppress their 'freedom of speech.'

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    these baiting attempts are so obvious.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    a drive-by thread,  Op isnt looking for a discussion
  • NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

Personally I like to defend the little guy. Even if he walks into a room full of enthusiasts to tell them their interest sucks donkeyballs. He becomes a victim, and victims are allways right. Just like I am, if Im offended by anything you say!

I feel that reality should bend to accomodate idiots (just talking generalities here), and when it doesnt, well I take it upon myself to try and make it do so. I think you are rude to state your opinions about the OP's post.  hah! now what?

- In this case, if you ignore that the OP didnt contribute anything, except to incite a little highjinx, and only expressed his negative view in an inflammatory manner, you could say he was just an innocent bystander who happened to post in a rabid forum and got attacked for no reason. - You have to ignore than he wasnt forced to post on the GW2 forums, and you have to asume he expected it to be full of other people who didnt like the game - But if you apply these little tidbits of illogic - then we can have that reality where idiots are accomodated  when people like me rise like knights in shining armor, to keep reality locked down by a few illogic conclusions.

If that didnt happen where would the OP be? Why; the thread would have ended after just 1 page. The horror! this has been such a wonderous journey of 10+ pages. Im feeling much better for having read through all of it. Might you not secretly feel the same?

OP, I will protect you. In fact I salute your choice in posting as you did. I might pray that you would apply your logic in real life. Try it out in a pub next time a soccer game is on. Get a chair, stand on it, and proclaim how much the home team sucks. This would work best if you went to Manchester. I would love it if you video taped this.

Also, if you wouldnt mind; could you please tell your audience, while they are culturedly arguing their point of view with you, that you have a right to your opinion, I think that would increase the comedic value of the clip. 

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    He had me where he claimed WoW to have anything original in it!
  • FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

LOL I agree Kishe! Honestly......

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Wolfynsong

And the truth would be that GW2 is the most amazing game to ever be created?

Stupid to who? only those who doesn't share his opinion.. maybe you're the stupid one from his perspective.

Just saying.

I don't share OP's opinion, but I don't dismiss it either, regardless of how he presented it.

'' The presentation '' is the '' point '', making forums what they are. You can´t enter WoW´s forum and blame them for having '' dynamic events '', welll, becasue '' your '' eyes may see, some of the quests in WoW dynamic .. this is not an argument, but an explaination for your trolling.

There´s a different between a valid '' opinion '' and an '' opinion '' based on hating, trolling etc. There´s also a big different when you give your opinion on a game, without playing it .. give your opinion on a country without understanding the life there etc. This is what makes human, like him and maybe you, who defend him, racist, because you believe that, just because you, and only you, hate something, all others may respect you and accept the fact that this thing is hated. This is why black people were hated bro, becasue some '' idiots '' sat home and thought '' we are better, this is our opinion and everyone must shut up and accept it ''.

If you don´t have an argument, forums aren´t the right place for your opinions.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

The problem with OP's post is one massive thing.

He praises the graphics, but attacks the gameplay.

While in reality, it's been the opposite for most people.

Also he complains about fantasy but praises WoW and LoL.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    so a guy creates an account to post some silliness and somehow is this thread 13 pages long?
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Nilenya OP, I will protect you. In fact I salute your choice in posting as you did. I might pray that you would apply your logic in real life. Try it out in a pub next time a soccer game is on. Get a chair, stand on it, and proclaim how much the home team sucks. This would work best if you went to Manchester. I would love it if you video taped this.

Also, if you wouldnt mind; could you please tell your audience, while they are culturedly arguing their point of view with you, that you have a right to your opinion, I think that would increase the comedic value of the clip. 

ROFL.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by atticusbc
    so a guy creates an account to post some silliness and somehow is this thread 13 pages long?

It's mostly been UR WRONG, NO UR WRONG, NO URRRRR WRONG.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Oh shit, the royals with humongous post count has spoken, I'm defeated.

Yup.  Still Sunday morning.  Still bored.  Still not female.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Nilenya

Personally I like to defend the little guy. Even if he walks into a room full of enthusiasts to tell them their interest sucks donkeyballs. He becomes a victim, and victims are allways right. Just like I am, if Im offended by anything you say!

I feel that reality should bend to accomodate idiots (just talking generalities here), and when it doesnt, well I take it upon myself to try and make it do so. I think you are rude to state your opinions about the OP's post.  hah! now what?

- In this case, if you ignore that the OP didnt contribute anything, except to incite a little highjinx, and only expressed his negative view in an inflammatory manner, you could say he was just an innocent bystander who happened to post in a rabid forum and got attacked for no reason. - You have to ignore than he wasnt forced to post on the GW2 forums, and you have to asume he expected it to be full of other people who didnt like the game - But if you apply these little tidbits of illogic - then we can have that reality where idiots are accomodated  when people like me rise like knights in shining armor, to keep reality locked down by a few illogic conclusions.

If that didnt happen where would the OP be? Why; the thread would have ended after just 1 page. The horror! this has been such a wonderous journey of 10+ pages. Im feeling much better for having read through all of it. Might you not secretly feel the same?

OP, I will protect you. In fact I salute your choice in posting as you did. I might pray that you would apply your logic in real life. Try it out in a pub next time a soccer game is on. Get a chair, stand on it, and proclaim how much the home team sucks. This would work best if you went to Manchester. I would love it if you video taped this.

It's funny how you guys make similarities between making a negative post and walking into a bar full of bikers or go in on the wrong side of the stadium and then throw around insults... How did he insult any of you, because he dislikes something you like? That's something you put upon yourself then.

You're not that badass, you're gamers, on a forum.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

You know you COULD talk about why GW2 IS original,IF you actually care to discuss instead of flaming.He is merely stating GW2 is unoriginal which is open for discussion, he is not attacking any users so lay low on the flaming and insulting it is immature really.

ON TOPIC...

LOL [League of Legends] i agree is taking storm it will be the biggest esport on this planet,although that is nothing different than Wow,just numbers,numbers do not support quality.Toyota Camry was number one care like 4-5 years in a row a while back,it doesn't prove the car is of the highest quality.Personally i find LOL to have too small of maps and the surroundings have little if any  impact which is not good for pvp action.

The debate over Wow being any more original depends if you actually look at THE GAME.What do people do in Wow from level 1>>>onwards?Yep same as GW1 GW2 follow quest markers around  OR event markers,really the SAME purpose and same result.GW2 has a different type monetary system that is a result of doing events.So the ONLY real difference can be talked about in end game.Well my opinion is that end game is NOT "THE GAME".End game is actually shallow content to try and keep players coming back and really shows the developer has little skill in designing content.

Wow has raid dungeons, nothing unique there,every game has it.BG well some games have it and is NOT the best form of pvp,that is just more instance gaming which contradicts the purpose of making an MMO.

So what is left to distinguish GW2 being original and or Wow being better,PVP?If so share your discussion no need for anger or insults.Personally about all i can figure for being different and IS actually unique to rpg's is the dodging and death hold.Dodging is an Unreal idea first brought out by Epic games.It is definitely done MUCH different in GW2 which makes it quite unique.The prolonged death idea,is  different,i am not so into it considering i prefer realism,you are either dead or you are not.I am sure there are ideas GW2 must have,GW2 players shoudl be proud of the game they play and SHOULD have ideas to share and prove the OP wrong.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

You know you COULD talk about why GW2 IS original,IF you actually care to discuss instead of flaming.He is merely stating GW2 is unoriginal which is open for discussion, he is not attacking any users so lay low on the flaming and insulting it is immature really.

ON TOPIC...

LOL [League of Legends] i agree is taking storm it will be the biggest esport on this planet,although that is nothing different than Wow,just numbers,numbers do not support quality.Toyota Camry was number one care like 4-5 years in a row a while back,it doesn't prove the car is of the highest quality.Personally i find LOL to have too small of maps and the surroundings have little if any  impact which is not good for pvp action.

The debate over Wow being any more original depends if you actually look at THE GAME.What do people do in Wow from level 1>>>onwards?Yep same as GW1 GW2 follow quest markers around  OR event markers,really the SAME purpose and same result.GW2 has a different type monetary system that is a result of doing events.So the ONLY real difference can be talked about in end game.Well my opinion is that end game is NOT "THE GAME".End game is actually shallow content to try and keep players coming back and really shows the developer has little skill in designing content.

Wow has raid dungeons, nothing unique there,every game has it.BG well some games have it and is NOT the best form of pvp,that is just more instance gaming which contradicts the purpose of making an MMO.

So what is left to distinguish GW2 being original and or Wow being better,PVP?If so share your discussion no need for anger or insults.Personally about all i can figure for being different and IS actually unique to rpg's is the dodging and death hold.Dodging is an Unreal idea first brought out by Epic games.It is definitely done MUCH different in GW2 which makes it quite unique.The prolonged death idea,is  different,i am not so into it considering i prefer realism,you are either dead or you are not.I am sure there are ideas GW2 must have,GW2 players shoudl be proud of the game they play and SHOULD have ideas to share and prove the OP wrong.

Quality post, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.