Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small update from someone who played this on gamescon

AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
Its suprisingly polished for a prealpha, this will be a game to keep an eye on.

Comments

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

How about you add some credibility to that statement.

What you did you do?     

Where was it located?

What is a comparable game?

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

simple, the title stated what i did, they had a trial on gamescon which i played (a warfront of sorts i suspect).

and quite honestly, i guess firefall but comparing firefall and defiance would be downright painfull towards defiance (in my eyes) with firefalls rather terrible hit detection (atleast it was terrible on gamescon, compared to other shooters that were being showcased).

and also, credibility? what is this a case of internet security?

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Originally posted by Alyvian

simple, the title stated what i did, they had a trial on gamescon which i played (a warfront of sorts i suspect).

and quite honestly, i guess firefall but comparing firefall and defiance would be downright painfull towards defiance (in my eyes) with firefalls rather terrible hit detection (atleast it was terrible on gamescon, compared to other shooters that were being showcased).

and also, credibility? what is this a case of internet security?

Thinktank mainly wants more info.  You really did not say much about the game.  We know the demo will be polished.  Trion would be fools not to have a polished demo to show to the masses.  Loss sales that way if they had a bug ridden mess.  

Give us details that flesh out the game alittle.  Ex.  Is it open world,  Did the weapons feel good to use, etc.  Just saying it is polished is not much.

BOOYAKA!

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

ok, that i do understand

we had 4 classes to choose from, on their prealpha at any rate

- heavygunner

- Sniper/reccon?

and two i forgot, as i never really looked properly. The sniper is the only one i played as i sorta liked the concept of it, its two mainweapons were sniper gun (obvioulsy) and a submachine gun (think tf2 i think, been so long since i played it). There was a tiny delay between shooting and hitting  or missing but, nothing to bad for a pre alpha. And yes, i do think it felt good

The one map we played was a 5-10 minute warfront, a shipyard of sorts which lasted around 5 minutes for us. In some groups it seemed to last quite a lot longer tho so i do not know if we just had a lot of skilled players on our side or if they had another map.

The game itself is rumoured to be open world, but we just saw the one warfront type of map, so can't say anything for sure at this point.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Althouhg you lack any substance to back up your claims I still belive you because Trion do things in a polished way and not halof assed like some other companies *cough* Bioware *cough*.  Still though, I am not a fan of RTS or FPS style games so this title will do so without me (same as planetside 2).

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

http://gamescom.mmorpg-life.com/10-minutes-of-defiance-pvp-gameplay-in-full-hd/2012/106/

come again please.

animations look almost the exact same as mass effect.. not a bad thing just interesting.. either way game looks interesting

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Its suprisingly polished for a prealpha, this will be a game to keep an eye on.

Didn't know the alpha had started. Thanks OP. Ofcourse it's going to be polished it's Trion.

edit - prealpha aaaah ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Game's looking good. The setting reminds me a lot of Auto Assault.