Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2, the most unoriginal game ever.

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Tardcore

I'm sorry, but I also don't speak ...er ..."People with Steve Miller Band lyrics in their sig." image

It translates to "Old Fart".

Today's my 50th.  Yippee and stuff.  :/

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Icewhite

I'm sorry, but I also don't speak ...er ..."People with Steve Miller Band lyrics in their sig." image

Happy Birthday! Seems like Time Keeps on Slippin! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I don't know how this got so big, but I sure as hell know I ain't reading it... shame on you guys.
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Grats, and know that feeling.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I don't know how this got so big, but I sure as hell know I ain't reading it... shame on you guys.

What can I say, I got too much free time until saturday and troll posts fascinate me. Sorry :(

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by PieRad

He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum.

You might not share his views, which is also fine, but why do you guys always stamp negative threads with "Troll", is it to make yourself feel better?

I will be playing GW2, I'm not as excited as many of you are, but I will give it a shot.. (So you see, I'm not a hater, or WoW fanboy)

I just think you GW2 fans need to take some meds to calm down, it doesn't hurt you that someone doesn't share your view of what is in your eyes, gods gift to gamers.

Thats like saying someone claiming that Obama is actually a Al Quada in desguise or some totally ludricous claim is a perfectly fine opinion.  Result of which will be similar to the result here.

The old phrase "there is no stupid question" is a lie.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Yes Mom. :hang head:

Wait--this is Sunday.  There isn't any other kind of post on Sunday, is there?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Pilut

What can I say, I got too much free time until saturday and troll posts fascinate me. Sorry :(

Ah no worries, with any luck this forum will be dead around this time next week.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum.

Trollpinion? Trolpinion? Hmm... we need a new word here. Trolls giving the illusion of an opinion. Help me out people...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Ambros123

You might not share his views, which is also fine, but why do you guys always stamp negative threads with "Troll", is it to make yourself feel better?

I will be playing GW2, I'm not as excited as many of you are, but I will give it a shot.. (So you see, I'm not a hater, or WoW fanboy)

I just think you GW2 fans need to take some meds to calm down, it doesn't hurt you that someone doesn't share your view of what is in your eyes, gods gift to gamers.

Thats like saying someone claiming that Obama is actually a Al Quada in desguise or some totally ludricous claim is a perfectly fine opinion.  Result of which will be similar to the result here.

Obama can't, be Al Quada and also not be Al Quada at the same time, he is one or the other..

GW2 can be fun to some and boring to others, depending on who you ask you'll get different results, and those results are correct for the individual you asked.

So it's not like saying that.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Obama can't, be Al Quada and also not be Al Quada at the same time, he is one or the other..

GW2 can be fun to some and boring to others, depending on who you ask you'll get different results, and those results are correct for the individual you asked.

Fun is subjective.  'Most unoriginal game ever' is actually not.

Honestly, if I was the OP, I'd be super flattered that people think I'm a troll, because the alternative is that they all believe I'm that hamhanded, awkward and incapable of creating meaningful discussion points on accident. :(

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Ambros123

Thats like saying all fantasy MMOs are the most unoriginal games ever because they all stem from D&D which is completely false, just like the OP here as there are far too many counterarguements to his "opinion." 

Also with a thread title like this and the OP's post there is no doubt that this is nothing but a troll thread.  If he actuall presented FACTS or actual reasons as to why it's unoriginal then that would be different but he didn't which opinions require.  Not to mention 1st post?  hmmm wonder what he could be?

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Its ok vent it out....
    WoW and LoL created a TROLL ? -_- ?

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by chadoo2137
    Oh wow, a new "Guild Wars" that looks just like every other 3d fantasy mmo on the market right now. I love how the devs are trying to make it sound like they have invented original items and stories when they will obviously be a re-hash of old items with a new twist. Reagardless of what you think, the only lucartive 3D mmo on the market is "WOW."  Graphics are great when you first see them, but after a week, it's old hat. Gameplay and stratagies are what people are looking for in a PVP or PVE battle mmo. This is what is making "League Of Legends" the power house it is right now and only geeting larger. 

Where are the points?

To summarize his post: "looks like any other mmo", "devs try to make it sound original", "WOW is the best",  "Players look for strategies in PVP or PVE", "LOL rules"

He just states few totaly random claims, and backs them up with absolutely nothing. Then dissapears from the thread. How in the world do you want people to take him seriously?

He is entitled to his own opinions in his home. In forums he needs to prove them not just write them, whats the point of writing them? Is it ok with you? You mean I can make a post:

"WOW is a bad game. It is dying. LOL is the best game out there. I like apples."

And it will be great post with "good points" opened for discussion? And people shouldn't bash me?

Both sides use the same method. Someone talks bad about game, he is troll, someone talks good about game, he is fanboy. But it is not about what anyone writes, but how they write it. No arguments, no discussion, no doubts, just "My game cool, yours bad because I said so"? That is crap.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Meowhead

Fun is subjective.  'Most unoriginal game ever' is actually not.

Honestly, if I was the OP, I'd be super flattered that people think I'm a troll, because the alternative is that they all believe I'm that hamhanded, awkward and incapable of creating meaningful discussion points on accident. :(

Something can be original to an individual who haven't experienced something like it before, and unoriginal to someone who have experienced it before.

You're correct though, "Most unoriginal game ever" is not subjective.

However, if we pick apart every sentence and every word written on this forum, it stops being about games, and more about spelling, grammar, and correct use of words, etc.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Oh wow, a new "Guild Wars" that looks just like every other 3d fantasy mmo on the market right now. I love how the devs are trying to make it sound like they have invented original items and stories when they will obviously be a re-hash of old items with a new twist. Reagardless of what you think, the only lucartive 3D mmo on the market is "WOW."  Graphics are great when you first see them, but after a week, it's old hat. Gameplay and stratagies are what people are looking for in a PVP or PVE battle mmo. This is what is making "League Of Legends" the power house it is right now and only geeting larger. 

Cool story, have fun playing "LoL" as it's the only thing this thread is.

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by everland

He just states few totaly random claims, and backs them up with absolutely nothing. Then dissapears from the thread. How in the world do you want people to take him seriously?

Most of us dont take him seriously. We who dont take him serious need medication, apparently.

• pointchizpointchiz Member Posts: 73

Your friends are leaving for GW2 huh?

I know how you feel.

Sometimes we have to learn to let go.

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by dzoni87

Oh, you need keyboard and mouse for playing GW2... How unoriginal, duuuuh :P

God dammit I thought I might be able to use telekinesis with this game Im so p****d off right now i'll have to find something else to play.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Tawn47

Originally posted by PieRad He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum. You might not share his views, which is also fine, but why do you guys always stamp negative threads with "Troll", is it to make yourself feel better? If the OP was serious, then that's worse!  Calling someone a troll is actually like giving somebody the benefit of the doubt. I just think you GW2 fans need to take some meds to calm down, it doesn't hurt you that someone doesn't share your view of what is in your eyes, gods gift to gamers. Calm down yourself.  Most of us think silly posts like the OP's are hilarious, we aren't hurt.

Why is it worse if he's serious? Because you think his opinion is wrong, and it hurts you?

PieRad, why are you trying so hard to make that last line of your signature apply to you?

Seems to me it applies more to you, but again, opinions.

No.   I think he's pretty much nailed you.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by seridan

It is kinda of a get-out-of-jail card, since if you don't incl. that in your post, you'll be met with meaningless responses like the OP, "Troll", instead of discussion.

And now that people are done with calling OP all kinds shit, they turn their evil GW2 fanboy eyes at me, can't have someone on this forum who likes to see both positives and negatives discussed, it's IMPOSSIBLE! :P

Just because OP didn't follow what you guys appearently think is a correct way to put up negatives to discuss, doesn't mean you can't discuss OP's points in a civil manner, instead of just dismissing it with "Troll", or just leave the thread all together.

You could discuss why YOU think GW2 is original, why it got tactics involved etc. etc.

But he is very much entitled to think GW2 is the biggest turd to ever come out of the gaming industry, if he wants.

The problem with the OP is he doesn't have ANY POINTS.

He says GW2 is unoriginal, if you made a post expressing your own opinion about why you think it is original, then you got a discussion, or why you think GW2 does have good gameplay and strategies.

Simple really.

So you are here to moderate the GW2 forums?  Very impressive and good luck in your venture, but if I were you I would not be so hypocritical. If you want to discuss the topic then do so. 

I ain't here to moderate anything, I just think GW2 fanboys have blinders on.

Every single time a thread has a negative spin, you dismiss it with "Troll", if the thread is positive, you're all over it, "omg, omg, omg, YES, you're right!!!"

And yes, you're one of them old man.

I knew, eventually, you'd smoke yourself out.    Reasonable people could clearly see this was a drive-by, flame-bait troll post.  

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Talk about someone not playing the game and talking about it .
  • WardenGCWardenGC Member Posts: 6
    Obvious troll is obvious, can't believe some people got lured in.....
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by k-damage

I love how he registered back in 2010, but his only post is a 2012 nonsensical rant about an already successful product.

(hint, OP : GW2's biggest interest is about bringing new gameplay mechanics & strategies, lol)

It's amazing how many of these 2 year old accounts come out of the wood work to give their 2nd or 3rd post in these obvious troll threads. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Originally posted by WardenGC
    Obvious troll is obvious, can't believe some people got lured in.....

like u?

This discussion has been closed.