Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2, the most unoriginal game ever.

Comments

• ChristoooChristooo Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by Alot

Clearly Guild Wars 2 is doing something right if it's attracting trolls like this. I'm sure that NCSoft is giddy with excitement over seeing all this free publicity.

This ^ the biggest advertising for a product is word of mouth and  our glorious trolls do a fine job at spreading it

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by Ezhae
    Originally posted by PieRad

He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum.

You might not share his views, which is also fine, but why do you guys always stamp negative threads with "Troll", is it to make yourself feel better?

No he's not. He's baiting. If he would want to express his opinion he would actually bother to form one, provide some arguments and most likely use one of 100 other, similar threads that are alredy going on. 

When someone just creates a thread only to say "Your game choice sucks. Mine is better." it pretty much is trolling. It applies to every game and every forum. There isin't really much of so called disucssion value in here. Might as well argue about superriority of cake versus pie. 

^^ This

There are ways to express an opinion and the OP isn't doing it the proper way.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Try harder and dont grasp at straws next time

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Tawn47 Originally posted by PieRad He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum. You might not share his views, which is also fine, but why do you guys always stamp negative threads with "Troll", is it to make yourself feel better? If the OP was serious, then that's worse!  Calling someone a troll is actually like giving somebody the benefit of the doubt. I just think you GW2 fans need to take some meds to calm down, it doesn't hurt you that someone doesn't share your view of what is in your eyes, gods gift to gamers. Calm down yourself.  Most of us think silly posts like the OP's are hilarious, we aren't hurt.

Why is it worse if he's serious? Because you think his opinion is wrong, and it hurts you?

PieRad, why are you trying so hard to make that last line of your signature apply to you?

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339
    Originally posted by chadoo2137
    Oh wow, a new "Guild Wars" that looks just like every other 3d fantasy mmo on the market right now. I love how the devs are trying to make it sound like they have invented original items and stories when they will obviously be a re-hash of old items with a new twist. Reagardless of what you think, the only lucartive 3D mmo on the market is "WOW."  Graphics are great when you first see them, but after a week, it's old hat. Gameplay and stratagies are what people are looking for in a PVP or PVE battle mmo. This is what is making "League Of Legends" the power house it is right now and only geeting larger. 

ya man I totally agree.

But I am gonna play the heck out of this most unoriginal wow-clone <3.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by k-damage

I love how he registered back in 2010, but his only post is a 2012 nonsensical rant about an already successful product.

(hint, OP : GW2's biggest interest is about bringing new gameplay mechanics & strategies, lol)

Some fanbois cant even fathom their game losing a few subscribers and those that do resort to silly troll posts.  At least Tera fans, SWTOR fans and TSW fans at last try to debate the facts but with WoW fans they resort to making shit up.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47

Why is it worse if he's serious? Because you think his opinion is wrong, and it hurts you?

Because of the title of the thread I'd guess. It's a trolling title. Also I dont get this "He's entitled to his opinion but no-one else is, if you express a negative opinion you should take meds". Is only the OP entitled to his opinion in your eyes? Me I mostly reacted to his bad attempt of trolling.

For the record: I will be playing both WoW and GW2 so I'm not a crazy fanboy. (Apparently this is the get-out-of-jail card, since you're then able to label any post as fanboy posts)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

It must be a troll post.

The OP is wrong about the game being the most unoriginal. I can think of loads of RTS & FPS that could take that crown.

However, it's not the most original game ever. Looks fun though.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Tawn47

Originally posted by PieRad He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum. You might not share his views, which is also fine, but why do you guys always stamp negative threads with "Troll", is it to make yourself feel better? If the OP was serious, then that's worse!  Calling someone a troll is actually like giving somebody the benefit of the doubt. I just think you GW2 fans need to take some meds to calm down, it doesn't hurt you that someone doesn't share your view of what is in your eyes, gods gift to gamers. Calm down yourself.  Most of us think silly posts like the OP's are hilarious, we aren't hurt.

PieRad, why are you trying so hard to make that last line of your signature apply to you?

Seems to me it applies more to you, but again, opinions.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Ezhae

He isn't trolling, he's expressing his opinion.. And he has every right to do so, it's a forum.

You might not share his views, which is also fine, but why do you guys always stamp negative threads with "Troll", is it to make yourself feel better?

No he's not. He's baiting. If he would want to express his opinion he would actually bother to form one, provide some arguments and most likely use one of 100 other, similar threads that are alredy going on. 

When someone just creates a thread only to say "Your game choice sucks. Mine is better." it pretty much is trolling. It applies to every game and every forum. There isin't really much of so called disucssion value in here. Might as well argue about superriority of cake versus pie. 

This. The OP is clearly flamebaiting. But that is not uncommon on these forums. Right now you see a lot of people trolling GW2 just for lolz and you see a lot of GW2 fans trolling WoW for lolz.This thread is pretty much like the 1m threads where someone gets bored of praising GW2 all day and goes to the WoW forums writing something along the lines " your game sucks, GW2 owns and I are a supperior human being because of this! + You are a kidz!"

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    With the number of troll threads, and the extra interest they generate, i'd say sales are up at least 25% thanks to them. So, thank you again for contributing :)
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

WoW clones!!!

WoW clones everywhere !!!

Originally posted by Pilut

Because of the title of the thread I'd guess. It's a trolling title. Also I dont get this "He's entitled to his opinion but no-one else is, if you express a negative opinion you should take meds". Is only the OP entitled to his opinion in your eyes? Me I mostly reacted to his bad attempt of trolling.

For the record: I will be playing both WoW and GW2 so I'm not a crazy fanboy. (Apparently this is the get-out-of-jail card, since you're then able to label any post as fanboy posts)

I always wondered that on these forums..... Why are only the OPs entitled to an opinion and everyone who posts after them isn't

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• Lion.CrossLion.Cross Member Posts: 13
    Can I spam this thread too?
  • SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

I will be playing GW2, I'm not as excited as many of you are, but I will give it a shot.. (So you see, I'm not a hater, or WoW fanboy)

I just think you GW2 fans need to take some meds to calm down, it doesn't hurt you that someone doesn't share your view of what is in your eyes, gods gift to gamers.

...Seriously?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Is it strange that I like to watch straw...

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Tardcore

Sorry, I don't speak "Sockpuppet"

TC, most folks here have a difficult time with the actual definition of "troll", what makes you think they'll get "sockpuppet"?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

It is kinda of a get-out-of-jail card, since if you don't incl. that in your post, you'll be met with meaningless responses like the OP, "Troll", instead of discussion.

[mod edit]

Just because OP didn't follow what you guys appearently think is a correct way to put up negatives to discuss, doesn't mean you can't discuss OP's points in a civil manner, instead of just dismissing it with "Troll", or just leave the thread all together.

You could discuss why YOU think GW2 is original, why it got tactics involved etc. etc.

But he is very much entitled to think GW2 is the biggest turd to ever come out of the gaming industry, if he wants.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by seridan

I always wondered that on these forums..... Why are only the OPs entitled to an opinion and everyone who posts after them isn't

No one on the internet is entitled to an opinion by the looks of it. People start insulting other people who don't share their opinion. Soooo what we end up are mostly personal insults and complete dismissal of the opinions of others. There is no real discussion just random poeple stating their random opinions yet no one is influenced by anyone else.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

It is kinda of a get-out-of-jail card, since if you don't incl. that in your post, you'll be met with meaningless responses like the OP, "Troll", instead of discussion.

And now that people are done with calling OP all kinds shit, they turn their evil GW2 fanboy eyes at me, can't have someone on this forum who likes to see both positives and negatives discussed, it's IMPOSSIBLE! :P

Just because OP didn't follow what you guys appearently think is a correct way to put up negatives to discuss, doesn't mean you can't discuss OP's points in a civil manner, instead of just dismissing it with "Troll", or just leave the thread all together.

You could discuss why YOU think GW2 is original, why it got tactics involved etc. etc.

But he is very much entitled to think GW2 is the biggest turd to ever come out of the gaming industry, if he wants.

The problem with the OP is he doesn't have ANY POINTS.

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

And now that people are done with calling OP all kinds shit, they turn their evil GW2 fanboy eyes at me, can't have someone on this forum who likes to see both positives and negatives discussed, it's IMPOSSIBLE! :P

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Title of the thread: "Guild Wars 2, the most unoriginal game ever." <- That's not an opinion, that's trolling. It's actually a fact that the game is not "most unoriginal game ever", there's been many games that everyone calls for example "a wow clone", but even the haters dont call GW2 a "wow clone", that alone proves that surely it's not the most unoriginal game ever?

Also League of Legends is not an MMO, just felt like pointing that out since the OP seems to think it has any relevance with GW2's launch perhaps.

• MarXonMarXon Member Posts: 22

So everyone is entitled to an opinion, and we shouldn't post negative comments in response to the op? Yet, our negative comments are our opinions, which we, according to you, are entitled to. So you post negative comments in response to our opinions, in which you state that everyone is entitled to an opinion, while also saying that we shouldn't post our opinion? So is everyone entitled to their opinion, or just you and the op?
    Is that it? A bit hypocritical isn't it?

He says GW2 is unoriginal, if you made a post expressing your own opinion about why you think it is original, then you got a discussion, or why you think GW2 does have good gameplay and strategies.

Simple really.

He says GW2 is unoriginal, if you made a post expressing your own opinion about why you think it is original, then you got a discussion, or why you think GW2 does have good gameplay and strategies.

Simple really.

So you find it "proper" to go on other game's forums and start posting "this game is unoriginal"? That's your idea of a discussion?

This discussion has been closed.