Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why many wants TSW to fail

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i dont want TSW to fail at all. I just want it to go at least Buy to Play (no subscription) so i can go back and play it again. Not worth a sub for me

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I added the movie to my Netflix queue! :-)
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I don't want the game to fail, I want the game to improve substantially.  I want the government to improve substantially too. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59

The only thing I have to say to the people who really enjoy the game, keep playing. Let me use an analogy, the game was like seeing this gorgeous person on a dating website, who you message and you like what they have to say. The game has a great setting, the gameplay screens look wonderful and of couse you agree to the date.

On the date you discover she's not quite over her ex. Or that she might have a couple kids. That's ok, let me try and see how things go; you're really attractive and I want to give this a chance. You get to know the person but then you suddenly realize she likes to smoke cigarettes. The things you learn about her start to turn you off, you become disenfranchised. You call it quits when you realize there are glaring red-flags and huge imcompatabilities in your personalities. 

For you maybe it's different. You can overlook and see all the good in this person. For me I can't, it just isn't worth it. I'm trying to warn others to stay away because I remember I dated a girl like her a few years ago and although they look different the same problems are popping up again. Oh yea, let me add I found out they were sisters. :P

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by Abor

The only thing I have to say to the people who really enjoy the game, keep playing. Let me use an analogy, the game was like seeing this gorgeous person on a dating website, who you message and you like what they have to say. The game has a great setting, the gameplay screens look wonderful and of couse you agree to the date.On the date you discover she's not quite over her ex. Or that she might have a couple kids. That's ok, let me try and see how things go; you're really attractive and I want to give this a chance. You get to know the person but then you suddenly realize she likes to smoke cigarettes. The things you learn about her start to turn you off, you become disenfranchised. You call it quits when you realize there are glaring red-flags and huge imcompatabilities in your personalities. For you maybe it's different. You can overlook and see all the good in this person. For me I can't, it just isn't worth it. I'm trying to warn others to stay away because I remember I dated a girl like her a few years ago and although they look different the same problems are popping up again. Oh yea, let me add I found out they were sisters. :P

Your describing .GW2?
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by emota
    Originally posted by Abor

*snip*

Your describing .GW2?

Why would he be describing GW2 in the TSW forum? It's not because TSW seems to have trouble keeping people playing that a game that isn't out yet has the same problem. Only time will tell if what he wrote could apply to GW2.

As to why some people might want TSW to fail, I can only imagine that it's because of the focus on story. Investigation quests are great, but they're not something that can keep you going for months because there isn't enough of them to last you for very long.

TOR had a similar problem, TSW might have a similar solution a few months from now.

imageimage
  • Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Originally posted by erictlewis
    Have you called George Norrie from coast to coast AM last night should have been open lines.  At least send him an email.  Just saying. I bet it would be something they would spend 15 minutes on.

LOL!

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433

I want this game to fail for the same reason I wanted SWTOR to fail.

To tell publishers to stop selling instanced singleplayer games with optional COOP as MMORPGs with monthly fees.

MMOs of old made sense with monthly fees.

Instances solo oriented casual linear quest games... do not. It's a clear money grab. This game was made by a singleplayer game dev who probably WANTED it to be singleplayer (it would have made it a MUCH better game) but no... Funcom wanted cash.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Tibernicus

To tell publishers to stop selling instanced singleplayer games with optional COOP as MMORPGs with monthly fees.

Instances solo oriented casual linear quest games... do not. It's a clear money grab. This game was made by a singleplayer game dev who probably WANTED it to be singleplayer (it would have made it a MUCH better game) but no... Funcom wanted cash.

I have to agree with Tibernicus.

TSW, D3 and SWTOR are selling single player games online DRM with multi player stamp on it.

Everyone give a 80/100 thumbs up on their single player stories but give them 30/100 on their massive multiplayer.

TSW and SWTOR has to stop milking players $15 just because it is stamp with a bit of multiplayer when it is not even massive. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

You have no clue at all..Sorry..

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

All you ever did is reading forum posts right? Not trying a game and telling something untrue about it, is actually something not acceptable.

Since when it is a singleplayer game, because like 5 quests out of many takes you into solo instances? Cmon really stop joking. I didn't play alone since i left kingsmouth behind and the actual endgame is only about mutliplayer.

I really would like to know who placed this "bug" into forum readers head. It is funny to see people just repeat what they read somewhere, its not only about your post, but also against many others.

Maybe thats why many dont realize some stuff and want games to fail, since they don't even try things out b4 posting and repeating stuff of "too critical members".

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by Vapors

All you ever did is reading forum posts right? Not trying a game and telling something untrue about it, is actually something not acceptable.

Since when it is a singleplayer game, because like 5 quests out of many takes you into solo instances? Cmon really stop joking. I didn't play alone since i left kingsmouth behind and the actual endgame is only about mutliplayer.

I really would like to know who placed this "bug" into forum readers head. It is funny to see people just repeat what they read somewhere, its not only about your post, but also against many others.

Maybe thats why many dont realize some stuff and want games to fail, since they don't even try things out b4 posting and repeating stuff of "too critical members".

Negative posts are common at MMORPG. They wont mod their forums because they make their money by advertising. And they know if they start removing these types of posts they would lose alot of traffic and they need the numbers to get the adverts to make money.

Whenever I mention this site to other gamers at work they just smirk and ask...do you really go to that site? And they tell  me I should go to Massively.

I have come to the conclusion that this site is nothing more than barrens chat.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

what is different in gameplay as mmo?

your  ,,real,,  mmo's havent single player missions (quest's) ?

your  ,,real,, mmo's forcing grouping ?

your ,,real,, mmo havent any single instance?

...why is TSW SP game  ,but  your  ,,real,, mmo is MMO ? what is different ? ..  or you & similar kids dont know what talking about...

It is not trouble with games ,   here is bigest trouble with players , i am sry but  any MMO cant replace real life what you kids wish.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    I really want to play this game ... soon as I get bored of TERA. But at the rate I am going it might be awhile. TERA Rocks! (my opinion) And for the love of god I hope to play TSW BEFORE they dumb it down to pacify all the whiners out there who are crying cause it's too hard!
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by Kost

Welcome to the current generation of youth,

A bunch of self entitled brats with no concern for anyone other than themselves, spewing nonsense left and right like they are on a mission to see who can make themselves appear the most foolish in a record amount of time.

Indeed!

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by CristianCeo
     I don't really want it to fail, but Funcom needs to learn that Box + Sub + Cash Shop it's not the way to do business...

This for starters..^

The days of releasing a game that is unfinished and still using placeholders and poor animations on release and that is known to have very limited content and successfully charging a monthly sub to the masses for said product are nearly over..

Its not about gamers wanting to see TSW fail its more about failcom not knowing how to accurately gauge what they offered in order to succeed in a changing industry with a new breed of aggressive competition..

Any experienced dev like funcom should have seen this coming and went with a B2P model instead of clinging to a dying "milk the cow" business model while at the same time attempting to push off a bloated $250 lifetime package which is in essence actually the equivalent of an $250 B2P model for a niche product with very limited appeal and content by many accounts..

If a dev is going to go with a "milk the cow" model than they need to produce a finished and superior product and drop the CS to proclaim themselves as a true sub only company that delivers an uninterrupted top notch gaming experience and then they had better live up to it..

Had funcom went with the B2P model we would likely be talking about how successful TSW is for a game with so little vanilla content instead of why it is falling short...

Playing GW2..

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Kost

Welcome to the current generation of youth,

A bunch of self entitled brats with no concern for anyone other than themselves, spewing nonsense left and right like they are on a mission to see who can make themselves appear the most foolish in a record amount of time.

At 30 I really don't think you have the right to criticise you are still a youth in todays standard I'm 42 and I still consider myself young. 

OP this is just a perception, just because a game gets criticised it doesn't mean we want it to fail but with saying that this is the natural process of life if somethings don't come up to scratch they die and many can see this when they play certain games and express it on these public boards. I personally feel that The Secret World was Funcoms final chance at redeeming themselves from the indignation of the AO and AOC launches and it seems to not be looking good as they have been having financial difficulties for many years and to me it shows in TSW. So though I don't wish Ill on people the writing might be on the wall and after the last 3 years of being self emplyed and my earnings halving I can only wish that Funcom turn this boat around but this is all of their own doing and nature is brutal in it selections. Thats Life as Frank once sung.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by thark

You have no clue at all..Sorry..

How do I have no clue? That's exactly what the game is. 90% of the appeal and focus is on running through instances and doing quests with a couple other people. Almost every zone takes place in an instance and limits the number of people.

Originally posted by JosephJR

what is different in gameplay as mmo?

your  ,,real,,  mmo's havent single player missions (quest's) ?

your  ,,real,, mmo's forcing grouping ?

your ,,real,, mmo havent any single instance?

...why is TSW SP game  ,but  your  ,,real,, mmo is MMO ? what is different ? .

Why is my MMO different? Because it has no instances or limit on how many players can be in a zone, and it encourages socializing and group play, rather than sending you down a scripted voice acted singleplayer storyline.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by rav500

Yesterday I watched this movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist:_The_Movie

My theory is that all this hate against TSW was started from authorities because they want you not to know the truth!!! :)

I watched the movie last night and disagree. "They" want it to succeed and to continue to entertain the masses. It's one of the ways "they" control the people.

:-)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Cromica
    I don't care if it fails or not, I just know it was not a good/fun game for me

Kinda how I feel also...I followed the game for 2 years and was hoping it would be really good.....TSW simply was not a good game, at least not something I liked....It doesn't mean that I hope FUncom goes under (I really loved AO), but I did think TSW would be alot better.

Originally posted by CristianCeo
     I don't really want it to fail, but Funcom needs to learn that Box + Sub + Cash Shop it's not the way to do business...

It's not a way to do business when you sell a singleplayer MMO. The sub model still works fine for real MMOs.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    So am I the only one that thought this was a extremely good game?
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Why anybody would want any game to fail is beyond me.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Konner920
    So am I the only one that thought this was a extremely good game?

You aren't by the player ratings.  Its just lagging slightly behind GW2.