Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite race in GW2?

TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
What's your favorite race? Why?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I got to work on my spelling.... Sylvari

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

I'd go as human alt for the sole reason of looking pretty  , but charr is my favourite overall; storywise and character wise, which makes me  feel myself as a horrible and shallow person with my reason.

Oh well,  nothing cant be erased with a cold shower.

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I went into gw2 beta thinking Charr but Syvari have won out for me.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Norn, Norn, mighty Norn!

They're big and strong and they can turn into wereforms.  Their dialog is a little cheesy though compared to the other races... oh well.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    The mighty Asura.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Its all about having big female parts. NORN ftw.

LOL

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Its all about having big female parts. NORN ftw.

lol friend of mine made a Norn and their first comment was those are some tig ass bittys

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147

Question, is there an advantage as to hit box size?

Is there an advantage/bonuses related to race + profession?

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by Skeeter50

Question, is there an advantage as to hit box size?

Is there an advantage related to race + proffesion?

No to both questions.

All races have the same size hit box.   Which means for Asura it is bigger than the actual model, obviously.   Might be true for all races except Norn.  I have never bothered to try to figure out exactly where in terms of the race sizes the hit box falls.

No racial advantages are present for specific professions either.   Really, imo, no racial advantages exist at all.  Each race does get a specific racial skill, but to use it replaces a class skill...and the class skills are better, so in my mind there is no racial advantages of any kind.  Other people may see it differently.  It is a short-term vs. long term viewpoint disparity.

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Charr! Cuz there so bad ass looking >.<

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    I chose Sylvari, for the excellent design of the race and what they bring to the game. However, I think the other non-human races are all well designed and interesting in their own ways. I do love the Humans in this game though and will likely have more Human characters than any other race by the end of year one. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I havent tried Asura yet but Charr or Norn so far!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    The animations of the Asura are by far the best I've seen, making them alot of fun to watch.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147

I failed at realizing gw2 was my best game option until recently, thus I failed to get in on the stress test.

Charr movement, how is it?

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Charr, I love the way they run on all fours. If it weren't for the heavy armor charr wearing dresses, I would have rolled one. Unfortunately gonna roll human instead.
  • SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Where is the option for "Love em' all"? :p

Edit: Oh wait... i don't like dem humans.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    this was tough, I love the Asura and the Syvari have an amazing story so far but I think I like Norn best. Least favorite is the Charr.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I was originally set on charr, but after watching a sylvari character creation video, I think I'm leaning towards sylvari.  Branches and leaves for hair...
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Asura, they personify genius.

The solution is obvious :-)

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Asura. They won me over with their attitude and sense of humor in BWE III.

Close second is sylvari because of their unique history in MMO the culture. They have gravitas to themselves and I am of a curious nature myself so they intrigue me.

Third place is the charr. I like how ANet went about their social treatment of each other. Hard edges and dry humor.

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Like the look of all the races except those darn mouse people. Asura are the one race i wouldn't mine rolling up into a compressed ball and kicking down a hill. They may come in handy for ninja kamikaze launchers in WvW. Just strap one of those lil mice to a catapult and let it rip :P

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

human.

while i feel the norn have the most attractive women, i cannot play such a large race.  so i will settle for second most attractive.

yep, thats how i pick em.

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    human.while i feel the norn have the most attractive women, i cannot play such a large race.  so i will settle for second most attractive.yep, thats how i pick em.

I like the way you think sir

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Race i love = Norn

Race i like = all others

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by Slyther_Zero

Like the look of all the races except those darn mouse people. Asura are the one race i wouldn't mine rolling up into a compressed ball and kicking down a hill. They may come in handy for ninja kamikaze launchers in WvW. Just strap one of those lil mice to a catapult and let it rip :P

Have you tried the asura? If not, you should. You only THINK they're "cute" because of the way they look to your eyes based on what you know from other MMOs that had the mandatory "cute race". I asure you, there is nothing cute about these bomb-building geniuses.

The animations alone would be worth it in case you have an eye for stuff like that when you play.