Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drunk Gaming

TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Assuming this topic is allowed I'm going ahead and discussing it.

It is absolutely not possible to properly game while smashed. I am indeed testing this theory as we speak and I have to say, it's not working. The constant themes of this session seem to be "I didn't notice that" or "Fuck it, let the healer do some work".

Soloing is a no go, It's like.... a no go lol

PVP - forget it. Where do i start... not where I'm supposed to, I can tell you that much.

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    Yeah, you do terrible, but it can make it more fun as well, especially if you're in voice comms with a buddy or two, as you bash, stumble, and die repeatedly through whatever you're trying to do for the night. This is enhanced when the game has steep consequences for failure/dying, as the deaths tend to be much more LOL worthy. Don't let the set backs get you down. Enjoy them :)
  • BrenacusBrenacus Member Posts: 44
    i did rather well being trashed in WoW on pvp. i seemed a lot more relaxed and focused, seeing what others were doing to me and how to counter them came to me a lot faster. until you get to that point where the world starts to fade, then next thing you know you wake up on the couch w a dry mouth n stuffy nose, fully clothed, the hiss from your speakers blaring cuz your playlist ran out hours ago and 'you have been disconnected from the server' is on your monitor.
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Jimmac
    Yeah, you do terrible, but it can make it more fun as well, especially if you're in voice comms with a buddy or two, as you bash, stumble, and die repeatedly through whatever you're trying to do for the night. This is enhanced when the game has steep consequences for failure/dying, as the deaths tend to be much more LOL worthy. Don't let the set backs get you down. Enjoy them :)

I can see that being so very awesome until..durn durn durn... you wake up in the morning with said concequences?

Originally posted by Brenacus
    i did rather well being trashed in WoW on pvp. i seemed a lot more relaxed and focused, seeing what others were doing to me and how to counter them came to me a lot faster. until you get to that point where the world starts to fade, then next thing you know you wake up on the couch w a dry mouth n stuffy nose, fully clothed, the hiss from your speakers blaring cuz your playlist ran out hours ago and 'you have been disconnected from the server' is on your monitor.

ROLZLOL

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I dunno, I seem to do very good when I've got a nice buzz going. Completely smashed? Don't think I've ever gamed in that state, tho I imagine I'd be no good. Considering when I'm smashed I usually end up passed out on the lawn.
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    You are right, it just doesn't work! Bad idea ...
    Originally posted by ZekkCC
    Drunk PC use in general is just not very much fun.

I find it fun. Maybe not very productive though as I'm sure I've ended a relationship or 2 that way.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Trionicus

It is absolutely not possible to properly game while smashed. I am indeed testing this theory as we speak and I have to say, it's not working. The constant themes of this session seem to be "I didn't notice that" or "Fuck it, let the healer do some work".

PVP - forget it. Where do i start... not where I'm supposed to, I can tell you that much.

are you really smashed? how can you type so well? when im smashed i cant see the keys lol

Originally posted by rojo6934

are you really smashed? how can you type so well? when im smashed i cant see the keys lol

Many years of practise and very slowly.

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108

What we do in LAN parties!

DEATHMATCH! We play an FPS game, anyone who dies takes a shot!

In the end fk it the person who's winning takes shots for every kill he makes!

and finally when everyone's smashed~ time to play some Co-op in any game!

Reminder - keep your rigs and electrical chords higher than the alcohol. You will usually want to bring extra keyboards, mice and monitors, because you go through them quite a bit.

If you have some extra cash bring an extra rig~ I for one have trashed a few after raging drunk~

LAN PARTYING SINCE 2004! BREAK YOUR FRIENDS, BREAK YOUR RIGS!

Originally posted by ajayazir

What we do in LAN parties!

DEATHMATCH! We play an FPS game, anyone who dies takes a shot!

In the end fk it the person who's winning takes shots for every kill he makes!

and finally when everyone's smashed~ time to play some Co-op in any game!

Reminder - keep your rigs and electrical chords higher than the alcohol. You will usually want to bring extra keyboards, mice and monitors, because you go through them quite a bit.

If you have some extra cash bring an extra rig~ I for one have trashed a few after raging drunk~

LAN PARTYING SINCE 2004! BREAK YOUR FRIENDS, BREAK YOUR RIGS!

Cheers to that!

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    I do better while drunk, my group of friends has won more ranked matches while drunk than when sober. There is a tipping point though when you go from drunk to fading to black, that's when I start to suck.
  • Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262

I find it fun. Maybe not very productive though as I'm sure I've ended a relationship or 2 that way.

Lol. I imagine it is even worse than drunk texting if for the simple fact that you can probably type faster, more efficiently than the little phone buttons. ;)

Some of you seem to have found a happy point. I cannot find that point with alcohol. Mildly buzzed to wtf you doin total wipe out. A guesstimate then? 

How many beer until the relaxed optimal performace?

Lol. I imagine it is even worse than drunk texting if for the simple fact that you can probably type faster, more efficiently than the little phone buttons. ;)

I think I avoided the whole drunk texting issue, skipped right to the drunk send voicemail button. As for PC use, the drunk delete run.dll32 for fun and then haha and restart is probably the only time I've had a truly bad time.

It's been a pretty good 100% success rate in gaming for happyness though, thank the gods lol.

• BrenacusBrenacus Member Posts: 44

Some of you seem to have found a happy point. I cannot find that point with alcohol. Mildly buzzed to wtf you doin total wipe out. A guesstimate then? 

How many beer until the relaxed optimal performace?

took me almost 20yrs to find my 'happy point'. key w me is about 3 beers, do a shot of gentleman jack, do that again and im in the zone, do that one more time and im about done for the night. and considering how i used to drink, thats being a lightweight for me (dont tell my friends, tho).

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

If I'm drunk I play superbly.  I have no idea why.  I start laughing because I'm sitting there saying, " How the heck am I doing this?  Im owning this entirely. " Where before I could barely beat a boss, or even fail. 

Now granted if Im so smashed I cant walk and I talk like a challenged person then no, I can't really do anything all that well.  Although even then I find I'm actually as competent as I was while totally sober.  Alchohol is different for different people.  For me it tends to be a focusing agent.  Again I have no idea why.  

Yet even my wife has commented that when I drink I'm very non typical.  She says I actually seem more intelligent, quicker in wit, and seem to often have amazing insights in philosophy, politics, and science.  I have no idea why this is.  Ive seen most people degrade gradually into a non intelligent mess as they drink or burst out in furious anger for no apparent reason.  Me?  Its the opposite.  Which is why I've always had such a hard time quitting the sauce.  *shrug* 

Originally posted by Corehaven

If I'm drunk I play superbly.  I have no idea why.  I start laughing because I'm sitting there saying, " How the heck am I doing this?  Im owning this entirely. " Where before I could barely beat a boss, or even fail. 

Now granted if Im so smashed I cant walk and I talk like a challenged person then no, I can't really do anything all that well.  Although even then I find I'm actually as competent as I was while totally sober.  Alchohol is different for different people.  For me it tends to be a focusing agent.  Again I have no idea why.  

Yet even my wife has commented that when I drink I'm very non typical.  She says I actually seem more intelligent, quicker in wit, and seem to often have amazing insights in philosophy, politics, and science.  I have no idea why this is.  Ive seen most people degrade gradually into a non intelligent mess as they drink or burst out in furious anger for no apparent reason.  Me?  Its the opposite.  Which is why I've always had such a hard time quitting the sauce.  *shrug* 

This alcohol wouldn't be laden with thc would it?

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by Corehaven

This alcohol wouldn't be laden with thc would it?

Hahahaha......no comment.   : P 

• Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263

Good point.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I think drinking alone is quite dangerous, since that can lead to addiction faster than social drinking.

I myself wouldn't do it. Drink and game, while I'm alone in my flat. I like to entertain myself while my brain is working.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

In the spirit of this thread I will say I am drunker than shit right now. I do not condone being drunk and gaming yet I do it quite often. The problem is when I game drunk everybody cheats. It actually amazes me how often my lack of sobriety and the amount of cheaters I encounter coincide with eachother.......................

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by Lazarus71

In the spirit of this thread I will say I am drunker than shit right now. I do not condone being drunk and gaming yet I do it quite often. The problem is when I game drunk everybody cheats. It actually amazes me how often my lack of sobriety and the amount of cheaters I encounter coincide with eachother.......................

I do not condone drinking and driving, if that counts.

Never found a cheater while drunk gaming, I might still spend too much time directly facing the keyboard.

Originally posted by paulocafalli

Good point.

Doubting my lack of sobriety I see. Hmm, you may have a point, I am not spelling my words wrong, interesting.