Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one playing F2P WoW while waiting for MoP?

MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114

My Sub ran out If I remember right about Nov of last year and I found no reason to resub until MoP comes out. Simply put I am having a blast dominating WSG and AB with my rogue all geared up all enchanted up doing every crafting to give her the best of the best that a lvl 20 rogue can get for free. And like most of you prob tired of the Cata grind even though I have a few lvl 85 toons on hold until I do renew my sub at the end of Sept for MoP.

This is the beauty part of it I don't have to grind my ass off just pvp in bg and earn honor pts. Along with a few choice lvl 20 items I picked up from instences I feel that I can keep up with the lvl 24 Twinks. Especially a rogue for this matter. Get my BOA gear and I can rest assure a easy win for the ally side being a gnome I can easily run under lumber and other objects in WSG crippling poison dose wonders lol and with the speed boost in AB I can ninja cap all four spots taking pride in capping the farm of course so my team can gy camp.

Now I am working on a hunter dwarf of course for the gun bonus they get plus freeze resistance. Those darn frost mages lol I want to see wich class does play better a hunter vs rogue lvl 20 style if you will.

Any Who question is asked am I the only one having fun With the F2P WoW until MoP comes out? And if so which class do you perfer?

Comments

• redfrickredfrick Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Awesome idea...installing now.  Need something to play before GW2 hits.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    ... or you could play one of the dozens of free games out there that are far better then wow, specially considering the fact they aren't limited down to 20 twinking.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Yep OP sounds pretty much like your the only one. I'd imagine most get bored of grinding the same old level 20 content over, and over, and over after awhile.

MOP? Meh pandas and pokemon don't excite me that much. Just so many better ways to waste my time these days.

• sanitysendsanitysend Member Posts: 123
    dont you have to make a new account for this? so whatever you do is pointless once you resbu unless you want 2 accounts or a xfer?

Wildstar:
    Phantazm, Pago(PvP), Exiles

Guild: Socks with Sandals

Playing: Wildstar
    Retired/Tried: DCUO. The Secret World, Darkfall UW, Darkfall, Mortal Online, DDO, Rift, Fallen Earth, Aion, APB, EQ, EQ2, PoTBS, WoW, WAR, SWG, CoX, Vangaurd, CO, GW, EVE, DAoC, LotRO, SW:ToR, GW2, Dragon Nest

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    O yes and after  2-3 weeks of gw2 i will resub to wow like most of players. Lets see the reality, how for heaven can f2p game replace legend like wow
  • MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by sanitysend
    dont you have to make a new account for this? so whatever you do is pointless once you resbu unless you want 2 accounts or a xfer?

Acualy you can play on your main account for F2P WoW. Just dowload it from your battlenet account page. And besides if you do make anouther account so what it can always be there for the fun of it if you want some F2P action.

And if you have the xtra cash why not run two accounts? I have in the past and it is a blast. lvl up two diffrent classes at the same time can be a challenge but fun to do.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Yes, I have a F2P account which I play on and off. I don't plan on resubbing for MoP, I'd rather just enjoy my lvl 20 PvP. Until WoW has some grand PvP at the lvl cap which has a purpose (like DAOC had), I'll stick with F2P when I want my WoW fix. Especially considering that they will be allowing Goblins, Worgen, and Pandarens for use with F2P accounts. Love it image
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by MrNo
    Originally posted by sanitysend

Acualy you can play on your main account for F2P WoW. Just dowload it from your battlenet account page. And besides if you do make anouther account so what it can always be there for the fun of it if you want some F2P action.

And if you have the xtra cash why not run two accounts? I have in the past and it is a blast. lvl up two diffrent classes at the same time can be a challenge but fun to do.

i cant log in to the game with my account unless i have a subscription. However, i attached a trial account to my main account (same email) and that way i can log in as trial, but cant use my low lvl toons from the main account.... have to make new toons for the trial which has no characters created.

• MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by newbinator
    Yes, I have a F2P account which I play on and off. I don't plan on resubbing for MoP, I'd rather just enjoy my lvl 20 PvP. Until WoW has some grand PvP at the lvl cap which has a purpose (like DAOC had), I'll stick with F2P when I want my WoW fix. Especially considering that they will be allowing Goblins, Worgen, and Pandarens for use with F2P accounts. Love it image

Ya this is very cool indeed make a goblin rogue since you get the rocket boots at lvl 1 to get the flag then it is so fun going to the top of the ally roof in WSG and then use the rocket boots to fly over every ones head to about the half way mark. Yes you do take some damage but Ppl are like wtf? then use your sprint rest of the way ftw. image

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I think a lot of people are playing free to play content in various games before either MOP or GW2 arrives . To the OP maybe you should go and buy GW2 play that and then re-access whether its worth returning to WoW . You may find after you've played it that WoW seems rather slow and old hat .If you do you'll save 200+ dollars in the coming year which you could spend on other things .
  • AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    There is still people playing wow?
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by palulalula
    O yes and after  2-3 weeks of gw2 i will resub to wow like most of players. Lets see the reality, how for heaven can f2p game replace legend like wow

hahahaha.... what the hell did you just say? :D

if you're talking about GW2 (I think you are since you indicated that in your first sentence), GW2 IS NOT A FREE 2 PLAY GAME.

You gotta cash out a solid 60$ for it, but it's far better since it has no monthly fee and doesn't milk you dry on it's outdated sub model like this relic called World of Warcraft which is run by the vapory shadows of a long dead legend Blizzard.

Blizzard lost its touch, and I'm affraid it'll show even more in MoP how bad it is.

Just a side note: People who created ArenaNet were people who were involved in creating the core things for W3, battle.net and WOW... So I don't know which people would be the best to create another legend than those who made the first one.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------