Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why many wants TSW to fail

Yesterday I watched this movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist:_The_Movie

My theory is that all this hate against TSW was started from authorities because they want you not to know the truth!!! :)

Comments

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    I don't care if it fails or not, I just know it was not a good/fun game for me
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    There is always a vested interest in the MMO community to hope another game fails.  It reinforces their own opinion that the game is bad.  I also believe that the community views each game as competition to their own game of choice.  The fewer rivals, the better the chances of their own games success.

I self identify as a monkey.

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

I've never wanted a game to fail, actually.  I've genuinely disliked games before, never enough to go all vendata-ish and hope it fails.  I don't get worked up like that.  Well, not about games failing or not anyhow.  In TSW's case, the game puzzled me.  I wasn't able to figure out why I didn't like it, I just knew that I didn't.  So I don't play it, easy.

Anyhow, since you know things.   Tell me why I want ketchup on my eggs now!  It seems unusual to me..but for some reason I want to try it.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

You need help if you actually belive that crap...

TSW was a strange game, an impulse buy for me was fun for 2-3 days than i stopped and forgot that i even bought the game and had it on untill i got my CC bill...

The game was just one big snooze fest, depressing zones, non-stop griding of mobs and chain pulling from quest to quest, and my god the game look horrible, yes the engine is amazing but the art style is bleh... the char creator is horrible, the clothing is ugly, and the textures on the chars just look like plastic.

"Ewwww look at the teselatoin on the floor tiles aren't you impressed?!" - No! not when the chars i cam make look like somthing that was made in poser 3....

The PVP is broken and boring, the combat is repetetive and it has not charm to it....

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Iam playing the trial and comparing this mmo to others i played this year.

TSW has a awesome world it looks amazing with high end system.
    Then you try to combat a mob and you get disapointed realy fast.

For a game that launched a few weeks ago the combat is static, animations horrible and the effect that go with it belong to a 2004 mmo, not a 2012 mmo.

For me thats proof of lack of design, half work.
    And not only that but the Box price + sub + cashop is to much for a game like this.

it has nothing to do that peopel want it to fail i think, just alot of people get disapointed alot lately and get fed up with paying around 80 euro to play a game with a score of 8.5 that realy realy sucks bigtime.

You can have fun tough, but that doesnt mean the game provides all the qaulity a gamer wants in his mmo.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Because forum going mmo gamers are petty [mod edit]
  • bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087
    Really don't care whether it fails or not.  I just couldn't get into it.  Regardless of how I feel about the game, I like the fact that they took chances and tried to do something different.  I actually would like it to be a success as the genre needs more diversity.  
  • rav500rav500 Member Posts: 46

I bet at least 2 of you guys that replied here work for the government, and the other sheep follows after ;)

I've tried alot of MMOs this year while I didn't even know about hyping. Overall I think TSW is the best game (yet I agree that some things could need small improvements). I don't even care about GW2, and I can't understand what makes it so much more hyped. It's the most hyped game I've ever seen - like a poop wrapped in gold paper (I know I'll be hated here for saying this)

I simply don't understand. Therefore, I choose to believe that this is controlled by the governments! They don't want you to open your eyes :)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by rav500

Yesterday I watched this movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist:_The_Movie

My theory is that all this hate against TSW was started from authorities because they want you not to know the truth!!! :)

Have you called George Norrie from coast to coast AM last night should have been open lines.  At least send him an email.  Just saying. I bet it would be something they would spend 15 minutes on.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by Cromica
    I don't care if it fails or not, I just know it was not a good/fun game for me

Same here.  I found the game extremely boring to be honest.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Welcome to the current generation of youth,

A bunch of self entitled brats with no concern for anyone other than themselves, spewing nonsense left and right like they are on a mission to see who can make themselves appear the most foolish in a record amount of time.

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    There is always a vested interest in the MMO community to hope another game fails.  It reinforces their own opinion that the game is bad.  I also believe that the community views each game as competition to their own game of choice.  The fewer rivals, the better the chances of their own games success.

^This. Sums it up nicely

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

I want the company to fail/die. Too many lies and broken promises.

You can lecture me all you want, but that doesn't change anything and seeing their reports, seems I'm not alone. I don't want an unethic company to prosper, I want them gone for the good of gamers. Some other company can pick this game up and I might even try it then.

I don't even play an MMO now and I won't buy GW2 (the big bad boogie) either. I'm just tired of bad companies getting more chances.

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59

Actually it's probably leftover resentment from AoC and how dare Funcom release another game that is half complete.

So if they fail then they got their cum-muffins (comuppance) and hopefully won't ever make the same mistake again.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I was longing for this game to succeed.

You have no idea how long I'd been waiting for a realization of the vision of H.P. Lovecraft in a modern-day setting in an MMO.

It's annoying because they got the setting and the characters and even the mob design pretty much right on. I still remember first seeing the amusement park, and the Black house. That woman who lived in the tree in Transylvania? LOVED IT.

But the gameplay, oh boy. The combat and the animations and the density of mobs and the lack of the "survival horror" feel just really blew it for me.

Why didn't they make this a 4-player co-op game like Left4Dead 2? That would have been amazing.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Derpybird

I was longing for this game to succeed.

You have no idea how long I'd been waiting for a realization of the vision of H.P. Lovecraft in a modern-day setting in an MMO.

It's annoying because they got the setting and the characters and even the mob design pretty much right on. I still remember first seeing the amusement park, and the Black house. That woman who lived in the tree in Transylvania? LOVED IT.

But the gameplay, oh boy. The combat and the animations and the density of mobs and the lack of the "survival horror" feel just really blew it for me.

Why didn't they make this a 4-player co-op game like Left4Dead 2? That would have been amazing.

i agree said it during beta making it more survival horrorish would of really set it apart from the rest and think people would of loved it.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by DOGMA1138

You need help if you actually belive that crap...

TSW was a strange game, an impulse buy for me was fun for 2-3 days than i stopped and forgot that i even bought the game and had it on untill i got my CC bill...

The game was just one big snooze fest, depressing zones, non-stop griding of mobs and chain pulling from quest to quest, and my god the game look horrible, yes the engine is amazing but the art style is bleh... the char creator is horrible, the clothing is ugly, and the textures on the chars just look like plastic.

"Ewwww look at the teselatoin on the floor tiles aren't you impressed?!" - No! not when the chars i cam make look like somthing that was made in poser 3....

The PVP is broken and boring, the combat is repetetive and it has not charm to it....

All an opinion.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Derpybird

Would almost certainly have sold better too, going by L4D2's sales.

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59

4 player co-op with regular content updates for a few bucks apiece ala The Walking Dead on steam?  I bet they would have made a lot more sales. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

No.  It's because it's Failcom with another game not ready for release let alone a sub.

I jsut want developers and publishers to learn from past mistakes and release well designed, polished games when they are ready and not sooner.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm starting to this there's something wrong with me for finding this game to be amazing. I come onto these forums and people describe a game I sure as hell am not playing. These ate the best graphics I've ever seen in an MMO. The setting and story are the best I've playing in the genre. The difficulty and attention to detail are remarkable. I have some freedom to essentially make my own class. I need to pay attention in game or I'm toast.
    Exploration be it jumping on rooftops of wartorn cities or finding my way up a steep cliff are all totally different than Ive experienced in the genre. Solo boss fights that require tactics and adjustments to my build. And on and on...

I've decided I dont know what gamers want other than faceroll easy.

They've added many things I heard people beg for in swtor (high rez textures and collition detection). A real sense of danger in an mmo for the first time since eq1. They have also taken out some of linear design with side quests

I just dont get the hate.

The only thing I can think of would be that it takes more hits to kill a mob than most mmos and people that arent used to it get frustrated. Also it is a bit content lite but the content that is there is top freaking notch.
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    I'm starting to this there's something wrong with me for finding this game to be amazing. I come onto these forums and people describe a game I sure as hell am not playing. These ate the best graphics I've ever seen in an MMO. The setting and story are the best I've playing in the genre. The difficulty and attention to detail are remarkable. I have some freedom to essentially make my own class. I need to pay attention in game or I'm toast. Exploration be it jumping on rooftops of wartorn cities or finding my way up a steep cliff are all totally different than Ive experienced in the genre. Solo boss fights that require tactics and adjustments to my build. And on and on... I've decided I dont know what gamers want other than faceroll easy. They've added many things I heard people beg for in swtor (high rez textures and collition detection). A real sense of danger in an mmo for the first time since eq1. They have also taken out some of linear design with side quests I just dont get the hate. The only thing I can think of would be that it takes more hits to kill a mob than most mmos and people that arent used to it get frustrated. Also it is a bit content lite but the content that is there is top freaking notch.

depending on build there really is no sense of danger... I honestly can't remember last time I died outside dungeons and PVP.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Dunno, Im not using some defense heavy build Im using my own. What do you do with adds? Run? Good luck running you are bound to pull some more. Also if you dont look at the mobs resistances/immunities you will be in a bad place.

My hats off to you if you made some uber build without others help.

Overall it's nice to see some of these newer mmos making the player pay a small bit of attention. Unlike the 2004-2011 years.
  • UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

Fantastic game, one of the best I ever played.

Bugs and CS are a bit meh, but once your over that you cannot help but be fascinated by the different setting.

and btw: TOR invested millions in boring cutscenes and voiceovers, here each mission is introduced by a cinematic, adult , intelligent cutscene that is a joy to watch...definitley one of the highlights of playing TSW compared to other MMO's

Originally posted by Mardukk
    Dunno, Im not using some defense heavy build Im using my own. What do you do with adds? Run? Good luck running you are bound to pull some more. Also if you dont look at the mobs resistances/immunities you will be in a bad place. My hats off to you if you made some uber build without others help. Overall it's nice to see some of these newer mmos making the player pay a small bit of attention. Unlike the 2004-2011 years.

I agree it's surely a step in the right direction as far as difficulty compared to most recent MMOs