Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ages of people playing TSW...

Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising, given that I'm 45, but I was pleasantly surprised at the number of folks in their 30s, 40s and beyond that play the game.  Granted, this is a pretty informal poll, but interesting nonetheless.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=55014

Comments

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59

The sample could be biased. Perhaps older players frequent the forums more than people of a younger age group. Or it could be older people feel more inclinced to participate in forum discussions. Lots of reasons why it might not represent an accurate demographic of actual playerbase. 

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I have a guild, and when we recruit I tend to see more people my age which is upper 30's, I seen some 20 but , this game has far more mature players and older players than any game in awhile and I knew that would happen because of the style of game it is.

I'm glad that it is to be honest.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    What's the point of this? It's the internet. I can say I'm 75 and no one will even comment on it. Trying to make this game a "thinking man's game" by using age is just another copout.
  • MMOheraldMMOherald Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Rawiz
    What's the point of this? It's the internet. I can say I'm 75 and no one will even comment on it. Trying to make this game a "thinking man's game" by using age is just another copout.

indeed.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by MMOherald

indeed.

by that logic every thread has no point and a waste of time and if you're going around saying you're 75 and deceiving the community on here all you've done is add yourself to the POS group that goes around trying to ruin the game community.  Grow up and help improve this site rather than jump aboard the plane which has lately been going downhill with, trolls, haters, fanbois, apathetic, over zealous, irrational, over defensive, too serious, kidish, poiintless arguing, repeat arguing, repeating looping threads, my game is better than you game and so on. 

I read the threads I wonder if any one of these posters work in the industry and if they do shame on them and if they don't well they wouldn't make it any where at my company.

Originally posted by Laross

indeed.

by that logic every thread has no point and a waste of time and if you're going around saying you're 75 and deceiving the community on here all you've done is add yourself to the POS group that goes around trying to ruin the game community.  Grow up and help improve this site rather than jump aboard the plane which has lately been going downhill with, trolls, haters, fanbois, apathetic, over zealous, irrational, over defensive, too serious, kidish, poiintless arguing, repeat arguing, repeating looping threads, my game is better than you game and so on. 

I read the threads I wonder if any one of these posters work in the industry and if they do shame on them and if they don't well they wouldn't make it any where at my company.

That's awesome, guy. However,  I was replying to a topic that had a link to general TSW forum about ages. I also didn't say I tell people I'm 75, I just said it's possible one could. It basically had nothing to do with your drivel. Your rage is strong, very strong.

indeed.

That's awesome, guy. However,  I was replying to a topic that had a link to general TSW forum about ages. I also didn't say I tell people I'm 75, I just said it's possible one could. It basically had nothing to do with your drivel. Your rage is strong, very strong.

acutally you did.  its your apathetic attitude towards someons opinion

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

When I saw this on the official forums, I was surprised.  Kind of neat they made a mature rated game and got a demographic that's older than the mean age for mmorpgs.

When I saw the thread here, I wanted to type (inb4 everyone is lying"  Kind of sad, I was far too late for that.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

indeed.

Oh okay, so what are we talking about now? People don't lie? People don't lie when stating their age? People don't use false/other people's id's to get into bars? People don't use age as a tool for measuring IQ?

My main point actually, was that you can't try to pigeonhole people due to their age, because on the internet everyone is what they say they are.

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

I have a guild, and when we recruit I tend to see more people my age which is upper 30's, I seen some 20 but , this game has far more mature players and older players than any game in awhile and I knew that would happen because of the style of game it is.

I'm glad that it is to be honest.

I had no idea. It makes perfect since though. How many teenagers do you know interested in conspiracies? Not many lol. Everything is just honkey dori to them :)

indeed.

Oh okay, so what are we talking about now? People don't lie? People don't lie when stating their age? People don't use false/other people's id's to get into bars? People don't use age as a tool for measuring IQ?

My main point actually, was that you can't try to pigeonhole people due to their age, because on the internet everyone is what they say they are.

I'm sure the OP is competent enough to take the information here and in game to come to his own poll results.  But its a poll whether its tainted or not it was created by someone asking for a simple answer wether it was false or true and again i'm sure he can figure between those who lie and those who don't.  Like you I don't think he'll find the correct answer here since its not the greatest community but I'm not going to stop him or tell him otherwise as it is his own purogative.

indeed.

I'm sure the OP is competent enough to take the information here and in game to come to his own poll results.  But its a poll whether its tainted or not it was created by someone asking for a simple answer wether it was false or true and again i'm sure he can figure between those who lie and those who don't.  Like you I don't think he'll find the correct answer here since its not the greatest community but I'm not going to stop him or tell him otherwise as it is his own purogative.

Hope you realize that the poll isn't on this site. We're discussing a poll that is on the official tsw forum here man. I can't "taint" it. I merely commented on it, because there's a topic for it here...

Originally posted by Pale_Fire

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising, given that I'm 45, but I was pleasantly surprised at the number of folks in their 30s, 40s and beyond that play the game.  Granted, this is a pretty informal poll, but interesting nonetheless.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=55014

Kinda makes you look at things differently huh :)

indeed.

Hope you realize that the poll isn't on this site. We're discussing a poll that is on the official tsw forum here man. I can't "taint" it. I merely commented on it, because there's a topic for it here...

Conversation ended then.  Either way its his opinion which didn't need to be downplayed/ apathetically critized.  If you don't agreee with it then bring evidence to the table rather than posting something that is rehotoric .

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This topic is pointless if it's trying to indicate that older players mean less drama.  If not, that's cool, but literally the MOST immature people I met in any MMO I played were a married couple over age 40.

indeed.

Conversation ended then.  Either way its his opinion which didn't need to be downplayed/ apathetically critized.  If you don't agreee with it then bring evidence to the table rather than posting something that is rehotoric .

I'm free to comment on anything I want here. You don't decide what I can or cannot say. You can't demand evidence for my initial comment, because there's no need to have any. If you don't understand people lie on the internet, it's not my problem. There's nothing I said that was wrong.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

I have found my pug dungeon groups shockingly (in a good way) patient and persistent in cooperating and working through things. I take this as a sign of overall maturity of the players I have been fortunate to run with, or it could just be good luck.

EDIT: And this is not on the RP server either. I thought the RP server would by slightly more mature, but my worst situation with a player was some guy on an RP server who was accusing me of kill stealing when I was there first killing stuff. When he started killing the same stuff, I stayed to help him, but he didn't see it that way. He accused me before even teying to ask what I was doing or to communicate in any way. I tried to talk to him but he was just snitty in return. That's the only person I put on ignore in this game.  It's just one incident for me and I've played a lot. Otherwise, I have had a great time with my fellow players of all factions.

indeed.

I'm free to comment on anything I want here. You don't decide what I can or cannot say. You can't demand evidence for my initial comment, because there's no need to have any. If you don't understand people lie on the internet, it's not my problem. There's nothing I said that was wrong.

Go ahead say what you want but if you wnat to prove a point evidence is usually the best way to do it.  Where does it indicate I dont' understand people don't lie , infact I said I agreed with you that people lie.  you might want to reread it.   addtionally I didn't saying anything wrong with your comment but rather critiqued your comment as you critiqued the OP's.

Wow even a thread as simple creats hate.

indeed.

Go ahead say what you want but if you wnat to prove a point evidence is usually the best way to do it.  Where does it indicate I dont' understand people don't lie , infact I said I agreed with you that people lie.  you might want to reread it.   addtionally I didn't saying anything wrong with your comment but rather critiqued your comment as you critiqued the OP's.

I commented on the POLL. I said it's pretty pointless, because everyone can be 75 on the internet. What exactly are we arguing, if you agree with that as you say?

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Wow even a thread as simple creats hate.

The hate is already out there. It's a free floating entity. It gravitates toward any nexus provided  and swirls around until it forms a vortex sucking everything down into the void (or cesspool).

indeed.

I commented on the POLL. I said it's pretty pointless, because everyone can be 75 on the internet. What exactly are we arguing, if you agree with that as you say?

honestly we're probably aruging for the sake of aruging which seem to entertain on this site

indeed.

honestly we're probably aruging for the sake of aruging which seem to entertain on this site

I agree. I also wish to argue with you another time, have a good time in whatever game you choose to play.

indeed.

I agree. I also wish to argue with you another time, have a good time in whatever game you choose to play.

agreed hopefully GW2 fills that void