Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wonder if there will be the Underworld and/or Fissure of Woe equivalents

MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

These things were never really touted as features in GW1. It was a special high level place that was for people who had finished the campaign part of the game.

I wonder if they've kept this up their sleeve.

I heard some armours will require ectos. So it stands to reason that these places will be back...right?

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Comments

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

I really hope so, I had alot of fun with them.

Especially solo UC farming on my Necro  :P

• NidzillaNidzilla Member UncommonPosts: 11
    If they do implement it I wonder if they may add a twist to it. Like make those areas free to explore and not as linearized with quests as UW or FoW. But perhaps add a twist, make it a PvP area like Passage of Conflict or Darkness Falls like DAOC made in certain areas. Perhaps adding large epic encounters to create more coordinated efforts by their server populations to attempt  high reward PVE at the same time paying attention from oppossing realms interventions. If it doesnt turn out to be that way I still think an implementation of some form of large open area that isn't as linear would be fine. 
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Nidzilla
    If they do implement it I wonder if they may add a twist to it. Like make those areas free to explore and not as linearized with quests as UW or FoW. But perhaps add a twist, make it a PvP area like Passage of Conflict or Darkness Falls like DAOC made in certain areas. Perhaps adding large epic encounters to create more coordinated efforts by their server populations to attempt  high reward PVE at the same time paying attention from oppossing realms interventions. If it doesnt turn out to be that way I still think an implementation of some form of large open area that isn't as linear would be fine. 

Interesting. I kind of forgot for a second that DEs are the new quest lines and I'm not sure how it would work in an instanced area. I haven't been into the dungeons to find out. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415

Hmm...

1) UW as an Instance with Story Mode and multiple path Exploration Mode?

2) UW as an entire Elite Zone with DE Webs like in Orr?

hmm...

I think it best that they implement both until we can truly determine which is the best implementation...

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

I see meta events as something like this!

They are a chain of events on which you have to succeed in a certain order, usually working in groups and sometimes even spreading out through the map.

Unfortunately, it seems like most people don't get the idea and just run around doing random events. And then, eventually, the chain is complete, the last event triggers and people are like OMG EVERYBODY CHECK THIS OUT A WORLD BOSS TOTALLY JUST SPAWNED OUT OF NOWHERE (which is never the case, they always spawn for a reason)

Hopefully it's gonna work like Colin Johanson said: First it starts out slow, then they'll ease the players into meta events, and in higher levels there's gonna be like 3 meta events per zone and people will be more used to the mechanics. Players might even coordinate and start playing around with the quest chains to see what happens.

• Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82
    would be nice to see them as dungeons. i'd also like it if the 3 other gods(Dwayna, Lyssa, Melandru) get their own as well since they didn't have any in GW1. not sure it would work tho since humans are no longer the only playable race. all 4 of the other races have their own beliefs so ANet's going to have to cater to those as well if they don't want people crying inequality.