Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT5 L20 Dungeon Bosses, 1080p

2»

Comments

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    These are level 20 bosses, just look at the low level bosses in other games they dont do shit either.

This. Seriously people dont be retarded.  These people are level 19 in the video, think about how hard and challenging level 19  bosses are in other games.  Its an introductary dungeon boss designed to get people familar with how dungeons work.  You can even see with the second boss its already becoming some what more dynamic.

What I took away from it is that the graphics look good, animations while nothing flashy are atleast very smooth, and that the russian playing is a terrible backpeddler/keyboard turner and clicker LOL. 

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    BTW and however brought Polaris in TSW, the reason that the bosses are more complex is simply because they are recycled at max level and the game only has 8 or so dungeons.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

What the hell is up with all of this ArcheAge bashing from GW2 people? Let's face it, the "Bosses" in GW2 are highly lackluster as all those fights are is Dps & Healing fights.

The only thing I've seen GW2 boss fights (pre-lvl 40) do is remove the need for a tank or dedicated healer, but the fact you need to keep yourself alive and do sheer dps without an actual strategy makes the Boss fights completely boring and lackluster. Essentially, if you have enough people for the encounter you will ALWAYS win no matter what. That is boring as heck. There's no challenge there.

Seriously, go look at ALL of the boss fight videos. Especially that lvl 1 Asura boss fight. It just stands there with targety thingy on its chest while it randomly beats around the room not moving. This is because these events are meant to be "Open", but i've seen similar open-world fights in ArchAge with Dragons, Giant Golems, and Seamonsters that MOVE, CHASE, and REACT to the players throughout the encounter.

They're also open world encounters in AA for their boss fights that can support 200+ players with a boss that doesn't just sit there and let you beat on it while it randomly does damage around the room.

I'm not saying GW2's boss system is worse, but what I am saying is that GW2's certainly is NOT better by ANY regard. It's simply a different take on the same mold.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• kramtkramt Member Posts: 86
    You cant really expect AA to have groundbreaking combat or graphics.

I thought AA uses the latest cryengine. So graphics should be better isn't it? And for the combat, no excuse there why they need to stick to stand, spank and spam. If you like it then good for you

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by kramt

I thought AA uses the latest cryengine. So graphics should be better isn't it? And for the combat, no excuse there why they need to stick to stand, spank and spam. If you like it then good for you

If they max out the graphics with the cryengine computers will melt during sieges and the graphics are really good atm so I dont have a problem with that, Combat wise I prefer AA combat over Tera and Door Wars 2.

• kramtkramt Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by kramt

Combat wise I prefer AA combat over Tera and Door Wars 2.

Heh! FYI, in GW2 you can dedstroy gates and walls. In AA you can also siege walls I'm not sure about gates though. Before naming GW2 as Gate Wars 2 AA will have its share of bashing walls. Do you even know how long it takes to destroy the walls in AA? As what I've seen in the vids, same time as with GW2

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Love the concept for the game but 2 button combat at level 20 is straight from 1999 mmo mechanics.

You stay sassy!

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

I could be wrong, but I think our russian friends play on low graphic setting.

I'd wait for some gameplay videos from Steparu, he always has ArcheAge on highest possible setting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9N_XsZNreg&feature=plcp

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Steparu doesn't even seem to be in CBT5. All his streams are Blade&Soul.

And yes, Garro and Betacake are doing 720p with lesser settings it seems. Hoping someone will gets some crisp 1080p vids,  Advaita was the source of most of those, but I haven't seen anything from them yet.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

Steparu doesn't even seem to be in CBT5. All his streams are Blade&Soul.

And yes, Garro and Betacake are doing 720p with lesser settings it seems. Hoping someone will gets some crisp 1080p vids,  Advaita was the source of most of those, but I haven't seen anything from them yet.

youtube link I provided is from Steparu, CBT5, but only character creation videos so far. He's not doing any live streaming so far, but he is in CBT5 obviously. I very much dislike characters he creates in any game, but at least video quality is perfect.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Originally posted by yaoming36
    These are level 20 bosses, just look at the low level bosses in other games they dont do shit either.

Umm that isn't the right attitude. "Just because all games don't do good boss battles at low levels doesn't mean we have to either"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09IPQdMz49Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=229s

Level 1 boss battle :)

The boss stands there shooting out random aoe's that 1 shot random people taking part in the zerg. Not that impressive tbh. That seems to be the case for most boss fight videos I've seen for GW2 bosses.

Random 1-shotting of people in a giant zerg. Lots of rezzing and lots of running around while casting spells. Feels all too arcade for me personally. I love action combat, but I prefer the strategic aspect of a game like TERA than the carpal tunnel inducing button mash of GW2 - That's just my opinion of course.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

LoL I just said this looks like tab target tank and spank MMO, which actually is true and that part about AA sucks tbh. It does have other sandbox elemnts that are rather quite nice, like naval figts, housing, jail system, growing plants and other, but lets be honest combat is same old same old.

EDIT: some AA fanboys immediately started bashing GW2 even though i didnt mention it.

Hope AA wont have alot ppl of this kind playing it......

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I've loved everything about AA so far but the combat is by far the worst part.  There's nothing wrong with tank and spank but, after so many years of it, i don't think i can do it any longer.  I'm hoping the rest of the game can make up for it.
  • rap4lyfe420rap4lyfe420 Member Posts: 1
    Yet combat is half the game, therefore another fail game.
  • kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by rap4lyfe420
    Yet combat is half the game, therefore another fail game.

It's more like 10%, this isn't another shallow themepark wow clone.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• nagawaranagawara Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Interesting....I must say Im a bit biased by new combat in mmos which have more movement to them, it was a bit sad seeing the casters just sit there and cast spells for the most part.

Animations need work but I love the medieval style they are going for.

When the heck are they going to get rid of those horrible looking health bars?!

r u serious ??

the spells animation especialy are probably the best ever made so far

• nagawaranagawara Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    On first impulse, I thought "Ew, not a fan", but as someone pointed out, they're early level bosses.  Still not much of an excuse (and yes, GW2 bosses are far cooler at even lower levels, deny it if you want to), but I can't judge a game on its first dungeon either.

go compare gw2 with another themepark mmo

AA is a sandbox,nothing to compared against gw2 since its a pure themepark.

go fight your dragons,and have fun with 90% of the game doing zergfests.

at least in AA i will have sh!tload things to do.

building ships,houses,castles

sieges sea and on earth

PURE open world pvp not like gw2 where EVERY SINGLE THING is instanced.

making farms and provide my own food.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I dunno about that, both in TERA and GW2 are the low level bosses both tougher and you cant stand in point while you fight them.

The graphics looks good enough but I must say that the combat looked really dissapointing to me. :(

I really hope things becomes more interesting higher up.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by nagawara
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    On first impulse, I thought "Ew, not a fan", but as someone pointed out, they're early level bosses.  Still not much of an excuse (and yes, GW2 bosses are far cooler at even lower levels, deny it if you want to), but I can't judge a game on its first dungeon either.

go compare gw2 with another themepark mmo

AA is a sandbox,nothing to compared against gw2 since its a pure themepark.

go fight your dragons,and have fun with 90% of the game doing zergfests.

at least in AA i will have sh!tload things to do.

building ships,houses,castles

sieges sea and on earth

PURE open world pvp not like gw2 where EVERY SINGLE THING is instanced.

making farms and provide my own food.

u mad?  Sorry if the combat looks boring as hell.  I didn't make the game.  I'm looking forward to AA too, but I'm also thankful there are things to do other than fighting after watching that...

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Alders
    I've loved everything about AA so far but the combat is by far the worst part.  There's nothing wrong with tank and spank but, after so many years of it, i don't think i can do it any longer.  I'm hoping the rest of the game can make up for it.

Yeah I am in the same boat. I am having fun so far in the beta. I'm not sure what classes I am specifically but I am a battle mage with a 2 handed sword using bard equipment. I like the interchangeability. But with that said, I do hope that they up the ante with the dungeon bosses.

We can't continue to use the same old excuses that just because back in the day combat was bland or that it is a low level boss is not a good excuse. I love everything else about ArcheAge though, but I hope they spice things up with the combat with future patches peaches.