Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does B2P + Cash shop means content updates ?

Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
Oke I have played GW1 for a lot of time! And there where never really big content updates like most sub MMO's have. Yea there where events like beetle racing etc. Well since GW2 is B2P but also has a huge cash shop, I was wondering if we can expect content patches in between the expansions like most mmo's ?

Comments

• MrlogicMrlogic Member Posts: 178
    I highly doubt there's any connection between cash shops and the amount of in-game content
  • SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217

Yes you can.

Anet has on a few community events talked a bit about the post launch plans.

They are sort of planning to have a very agressive post launch policy.

They said," we are going to give the subscription model a run for their money."

One would think this means decent updates.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

They said they will be adding DEs periodically.

Not sure about land mass, dungeons, or additional PvP content. Some may be able to shed more light as to whether that will also be added beforehand or left to expansions.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Pandamin

Yes you can.

Anet has on a few community events talked a bit about the post launch plans.

They are sort of planning to have a very agressive post launch policy.

They said," we are going to give the subscription model a run for their money."

One would think this means decent updates.

Thank you for the info!

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565
    With a CS like that they should be able to afford content patches. Normally a CS is more profitable than a subscription and the players have every right to expect the same quality, service and to get new content often.
  • EvokerzEvokerz Member UncommonPosts: 37
    No one would know at this point of time as the game not yet launch, most of the answer you would get will be mostly speculation. As for my own speculation, gw2 will not have much content updates and less frequent updates as well. BUt who knows what anet would do after the game launch, they talk a lot about content DE updates but still talk is easy and if they could prove me wrong then it would be good for the community.
  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

They said that after release, half their team is going to work on the expansion and the other half is gonna keep streaming live updates. Not sure how much relevant those updates are gonna be, but they did promise new DEs on more quiet areas, and something like 30 minigames, and giving some more love to home instances. Stuff like that, probably nothing life-changing, but we'll have to wait and see.

Plus, there are gonna be holiday events like in GW1. In fact, in a twich.tv stream they confirmed Mad King is coming back this Halloween