Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2 will have cash shops.

124»

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

Can't get why everyones complaining about cash shops, for example in tsw, if you CAN'T get a fucking pet which runs with you or you cant get a leather jacket which almost looks like the normal you can buy ingame, will break your game? seriously it's your own fault buying in that, same for the gw2 cash shop if you feel rich buy, if not don't. Why should some1 care if the game wants to milk you or not, where ever you live. I can't imagine like everyone is nice to you and doesnt want to milk you.

Complaining about cash shops but buying McDonalds menues for 12 euro...

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Jagarid
    Man, this forum is getting cluttered with all of the dead horses.

Someone definitely is raiding the horse cemetery!

We've known the game would have a cash shop for a very long time. It's replaces a subscription fee as the ongoing source of revenue. Nothing is "Pay to Win". The things that the community did complain about are pretty much all gone or have been altered to be acceptable. Any controversy has been long dead surrounding the subject.

That doesn't prevent the uninformed from dragging out the same dead horses again, hoping to sway the opinions of those who are also uninformed and may buy their sad arguments.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222
    I'm surprised the OP hasn't gone the road of spouting "you can't argue with GW2 fanboys" yet.
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by Vapors

Can't get why everyones complaining about cash shops, for example in tsw, if you CAN'T get a fucking pet which runs with you or you cant get a leather jacket which almost looks like the normal you can buy ingame, will break your game? seriously it's your own fault buying in that, same for the gw2 cash shop if you feel rich buy, if not don't. Why should some1 care if the game wants to milk you or not, where ever you live. I can't imagine like everyone is nice to you and doesnt want to milk you.

Complaining about cash shops but buying McDonalds menues for 12 euro...

I think for some people it is the 'principle of the matter'.   Always makes for interesting debate when one side is convinced that their belief comes down to a matter of principle.   It makes for even more fun when both sides see it that way. 

I sort of take issue with cash shops in any subscription game myself, because I don't believe that any subscription game made to date has delivered a game that consistently gives you your monthly money's worth, so asking for even more money bothers me.    

That didn't stop me from buying some pets in WoW though, nor did it stop me from buying a leather jacket in TSW even though I knew I wouldn't play the game past the free 30 days.

Really, it's the issue of principles that make cash shop debates ridiculously complicated, because every individual has a seperate place where they personally "draw a line in the sand" between acceptable and unacceptable.  I doubt the 100 debates on the topic have ever had much of an impact in changing anyone's personal tolerance level.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by azrael466

Well, admittedly. I don't follow GW2, in fact I have no interest in it at all and the only reason I know about this is because someone brought it to my attention on another gaming forum.

I just think its hilarious how the same things GW2 fanboiz(no one speciifc) used to bash other games and claim "this game suxorz GW2 is going to be the GOD OF MMOZOMFGWTFABBQ!", are now being ignored or excused when they get put in their beloved MMO...That isn't even out yet.

Well, TSW has a subscription AND a cash shop, which is what pokes me in the eyes... I wouldn't want to play a sub game which has a cash shop (no matter what it offers).

And, this is old news, you're like 5 months late... ;)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by heartless

Well, admittedly. I don't follow GW2, in fact I have no interest in it at all and the only reason I know about this is because someone brought it to my attention on another gaming forum.

I just think its hilarious how the same things GW2 fanboiz(no one speciifc) used to bash other games and claim "this game suxorz GW2 is going to be the GOD OF MMOZOMFGWTFABBQ!", are now being ignored or excused when they get put in their beloved MMO...That isn't even out yet.

All the other games, like TSW, have a box price, cash shops and subscription fees.

GW2 only has a box price and a cash shop. See the difference?

other games, like TSW, are also PURELY COSMETIC, where as GW2 is putting in things like XP pots and karma.

So, its okay to put things that actually change the game experience for you, as long as you don't charge a sub. But if you do charge a sub, its not okay to even put cosmetic only items in the game?

I just want to clearify exactly what you're saying.

My big gripe with the TSW cash shop is that it has things you cannot get in game. 

QFT.  I wanted a cool ass Cowboy hat or a beanie and I am forced to buy it in the cash shop.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Well, admittedly. I don't follow GW2, in fact I have no interest in it at all

*snip*

Then why do you start a thread here about a 5 month old article that's outdated?

To troll.  Its quite obvious to me.  Hence his post getting reported.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

This discussion has been closed.