Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 would've been a fun game to play if...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

DC Universe wasn't around...

By now it makes me vomit to play another fantasy (warrior/wizard/hunter) themepark with average IP at best.

I just saw 50% off from all DLC on DC Universe this month and got back after year and a half and with its pricing model, epic IP and some of the best voice overs one could ask, I'm just asking myself how far this game has gone since launch.

There are mega servers that are full, fast queues, open world PvP, arena and legends iconic PvP. There is crafting now, side progression and so many things to do.There seems to be  lots of frequent content coming. 5th DLC next month and I didn't even mention the music.

I feel so immersed in the game. I'm glad I found myself a sweet home ;) and Im back enjoying a great MMORPG. I am having the 2 latest DLC on my account right now and all it cost me was $5.

Back to the Justice League! A hell of a themepark ride :)

Comments

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

and so ? besides mentioning GW2 in the headline, what has it to do with Gw2 that you had found a game  you enjoy? There is nothing to discuss. besides your feelings of vomitting about fantasy themes, and such a discussion belongs in the pup , not in GW2.

I suggest this thread is locked or moved, as i can't see it lead to anything but trolling.

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    There's plenty of games coming around end of august - september start :) Enjoy your game but just curious why you're posting in the GW2 section and not the general
  • LuciferIAmLuciferIAm Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Kopogero

DC Universe wasn't around...

By now it makes me vomit to play another fantasy (warrior/wizard/hunter) themepark with average IP at best.

I just saw 50% off from all DLC on DC Universe this month and got back after year and a half and with its pricing model, epic IP and some of the best voice overs one could ask, I'm just asking myself how far this game has gone since launch.

There are mega servers that are full, fast queues, open world PvP, arena and legends iconic PvP. There is crafting now, side progression and so many things to do.There is lots frequent content coming, yup 5th DLC next month and I didn't even mention the music.

I feel so immersed in the game. I'm glad I found myself a sweet home ;) and Im back enjoying a great MMORPG. I am having the 2 latest DLC on my account right now and all it cost me was $5.

Back to the Justice League! A hell of a themepark ride :)

Thanks for the good laugh, bro.

• mearimeari Member Posts: 101
    Urr good for you *waves*, now that you've let us known your intentions, please stay in the DCUO forum.
  • Grimrist000Grimrist000 Member Posts: 82
    i think i missed the part where u tell us why we should care...?
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Every time I try to pick up DCUO, I get bored by like level 12 and stop. I did it a few times with different characters and it's always around level 12 for some reason.

Anyway, OP, grats of finding a game you enjoy. Hope it lasts you, good luck!

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

DCUO held my interest for about a month...

And I'm a fan of DC Comics.

Oh well, on to the awesomeness that is GW2!

• redfrickredfrick Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Installing now to give it another shot but man, if it was Marvel Universe instead I would like it 100x more.
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I prefer a different title:

Any other game (MMORPG) would've been a fun game to play if....

Guild Wars 2 wasn't around

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Thanks for this. Next time I fantasize about Dr. Octopus giving me a reach around I'll keep DC Universe in mind.
  • william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

Your on to something here. Post nonesense in Guildwars 2 forum and talk about something unrelated to guildwars.

I'm gonna start a thread titled

Guild Wars 2 doomed because of one secret

Than my threads gonna be

I like planetside 2, "GO NC, KILL THOSE VANU SLIME, AND %%%% THE TERRAN REPUBLIC"

Discuss.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

I been enjoying the game hardcore for full week. I'm posting here only cuz its like 3:30 am and I'm mad tired :)

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

The reason why this belongs in the pub. Fantasy vomit GW2????? 

Here is a small list of fantasy games. WoW,RO,RO2,PSO,PSU,PSO2,FF11,FF14,UO,DAOC,GW,GW2,Eden Eternal,Aion,Tera,Lineage, Lineage2,LoL,Smite,and ect. 

You directly aiming to insult GW2 a game that hasnt even come out yet over a failed game that went f2p, that on the ps3 which my bank wont even do buisness with Chase that doesn't take paypal are u serious man??? 

This is a hate tread that should have either been in the pub or locked for trolling and baiting.

• CyflymCyflym Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by yaoming36
    There's plenty of games coming around end of august - september start :) Enjoy your game but just curious why you're posting in the GW2 section and not the general

Cuz this thread is not about general things about MMORPG's. It's directly about GW2 and how my plans on it changed thx to the awesomeness of DCUO :)

I disagree your thread is can be reduced to "dcuo rocks everything else sucks" so not gw2 specific .

You need proof?

OP first real line: "By now it makes me vomit to play another fantasy (warrior/wizard/hunter) themepark with average IP at best."

Plus not once did you mention GW2  in OP if i see that right.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Weretigar

Here is a small list of fantasy games. WoW,RO,RO2,PSO,PSU,PSO2,FF11,FF14,UO,DAOC,GW,GW2,Eden Eternal,Aion,Tera,Lineage, Lineage2,LoL,Smite,and ect. 

You directly aiming to insult GW2 a game that hasnt even come out yet over a failed game that went f2p, that on the ps3 which my bank wont even do buisness with Chase that doesn't take paypal are u serious man??? 

This is a hate tread that should have either been in the pub or locked for trolling and baiting.

#1 Reason cuz it's the latest known fantasy MMORPG by big company that's about to be released. Not so big company though. SOE at least gave me SWG Pre-CU, epic MMORPG experience that is just priceless.

#2 Failed F2P MMORPG. I wonder how it got over a million players just went it went F2P, oh cuz it never failed. It only got better with different model options, which gives me more control how I want to access the game and spend with my wallet, unlike GW2 that slaps me with heavy $60 box fee and cash shop ingame as well as pricey expansions. That's at least was the case in GW1.

If it will helps you to sleep at night knowing that this thread won't be in your fav MMORPG section then keep beggin the mods to do it by calling this a hateful, trolling thread. It might work....

In meantime I'm glad to share this community how happy I'm about finding myself a great MMORPG that's not GW2.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I can't tell if you're a troll or marketer for DC. Literally, the two games are non comparible. 

#1 Reason cuz it's the latest known fantasy MMORPG by big company that's about to be released. Not so big company though. SOE at least gave me SWG Pre-CU, epic MMORPG experience that is just priceless.

#2 Failed F2P MMORPG. I wonder how it got over a million players just went it went F2P, oh cuz it never failed. It only got better with different model options, which gives me more control how I want to access the game and spend with my wallet, unlike GW2 that slaps me with heavy $60 box fee and cash shop ingame as well as pricey expansions. That's at least was the case in GW1.

If it will helps you to sleep at night knowing that this thread won't be in your fav MMORPG section then keep beggin the mods to do it by calling this a hateful, trolling thread. It might work....

In meantime I'm glad to share this community how happy I'm about finding myself a great MMORPG that's not GW2.

Lol it's failed because it originally had the same box fee and all these expansions and crap arent free are they? They slap you with a fine? Your the one that plays favorites with the mods mr starlight poster lol. 

This is directly aimed at a specific game to troll and spread hate about it to pump a failed game. If it was so great you wouldn't be trolling the GW2 forums making sure no nay sayers were tellin you how it is. At least they still speak english in gw2 lol.

You can share it with the community in the dcuo forums without spreading hate?

• AdmiralWolverineAdmiralWolverine Member UncommonPosts: 29

Its not the latest known fantasy MMO...its been around for years, On another note that $60 box fee is quite average, have you seen games today? $70 - $80 the chash shop is optional. Each GW2 expansion will be a whole new map..the size of Tyria or bigger so its all worth it really for the price for what your getting.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

I'm happy for you OP.

I wanted to like DCUO but couldn't.   IP can't carry a game that I don't actually find fun to play.

Different strokes for different folks though.  Enjoy your game, I'll enjoy mine.  Like others have said, you posted in the wrong forums for what you actually had to say and your subject line is a little off compared to the actual point of your post.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i got frustrated with the chat box in that game being about 20% up the side of my screen all in the way of my view.

at least in gw2 i can move the chat box.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

I just read the thread so far and sure this thread could have been posted in the pub but Guild Wars 2 fans cry troll way too easily. One person actually accused him of "spewing hate" and a few have called him a troll. If it were the first time guild wars 2 fans were overly defensive about the game I wouldn't mention it but it's not. All the op has said so far is he would be playing gw2 if he hadn't discovered or rediscovered dc universe and if you take that as an offensive statement against gw2 than it’s time to pull your head in. Half the reason I suspect the “real trolls” take so much pleasure in doing what they do best is because the overly sensitive fans polarize the boards by shooting down everything they don’t approve of as trolling and "hate".

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Why is this posted in the GW2 forums?
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by heartless

Every time I try to pick up DCUO, I get bored by like level 12 and stop. I did it a few times with different characters and it's always around level 12 for some reason.

Anyway, OP, grats of finding a game you enjoy. Hope it lasts you, good luck!

Sadly this happens to me in GW2 earlier than even that. I wish it didn't.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by ozmono

I just read the thread so far and sure this thread could have been posted in the pub but Guild Wars 2 fans cry troll way too easily. One person actually accused him of "spewing hate" and a few have called him a troll. If it were the first time guild wars 2 fans were overly defensive about the game I wouldn't mention it but it's not. All the op has said so far is he would be playing gw2 if he hadn't discovered or rediscovered dc universe and if you take that as an offensive statement against gw2 than it’s time to pull your head in. Half the reason I suspect the “real trolls” take so much pleasure in doing what they do best is because the overly sensitive fans polarize the boards by shooting down everything they don’t approve of as trolling and "hate".

If somone got on some sandbox game and said I would be playing sandbox but,

I found thempark that I really like blah blah blah really fun and you are like ok then why are you posting this on sandbox area? and there like because sanbox is just another i want to build houses because irl im living with my parents what would you say?

He perposly used his influence knowing that mmorpg staff would back his troll attempt like they have done thier other favs MMoexposed many times to come directly to this forum to talk some crap. Let me go to the archeage/ eve forums and post some stuff like that how would it affect you?

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Originally posted by ozmono

If somone got on some sandbox game and said I would be playing sandbox but,

I found thempark that I really like blah blah blah really fun and you are like ok then why are you posting this on sandbox area? and there like because sanbox is just another i want to build houses because irl im living with my parents what would you say?

He perposly used his influence knowing that mmorpg staff would back his troll attempt like they have done thier other favs MMoexposed many times to come directly to this forum to talk some crap. Let me go to the archeage/ eve forums and post some stuff like that how would it affect you?

I wouldn't give a damn if it was done like it was done in this thread.

You seem to be exactly the type of person that I was suggesting should pull their heads in, a shame you didn't.

This discussion has been closed.