Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why do gamers make such asanine and idiotic comments?

ZylaxxZylaxx Erlanger, KYPosts: 2,574Member

just got through reading http://inanage.com/2012/08/16/if-guild-wars-2-succeeds-it-will-be-in-spite-of/

 

This has to be the most stupid and narrow minded blog I've ever read.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

image

«1345

Comments

  • OldManFunkOldManFunk BFE, KSPosts: 894Member
    I didn't click your link but I tend to do so because I drink a lot about once a week.
  • WeretigarWeretigar winifrede, WVPosts: 609Member

    He lost me at WvWvWvWPFFffftttt.

    *Edit*

    He's just a WoW troll thats why his WvW pics are wrong in every way.

  • ZylaxxZylaxx Erlanger, KYPosts: 2,574Member
    Originally posted by Weretigar

    He lost me at WvWvWvWPFFffftttt.

    *Edit*

    He's just a WoW troll thats why his WvW pics are wrong in every way.

    Yea PvWall comment was really an imbecilic thing to say especially when arguably the greatest PvP game ever released (DAoC) is basically getting a make over.

    Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

    Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

    image

  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Huntsville, ALPosts: 1,365Member Uncommon

    i can understand the viewpoint of the writer.

    when my wife first started playing games with me she too was horrible at them and hated them.

    with proper guidance though she improved and found herself enjoying them much more.

    the author of that article simply needs a kind and patient husband and i think things will look up.

  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Amory, MSPosts: 2,544Member Uncommon
    prove him wrong
  • reef22reef22 Phoenix, AZPosts: 85Member

    Apparently he never played GW1 otherwise he wouldn't make comments like that.

    Gaining skill points has always been like that since GW1.  Yes, you can hit the level cap but it doesn't mean you'll get ALL the skills.  Since the game is skill based, you would want to "collect" as many skills as you can so you can make different builds for all kinds of circumstances. 

    Besides, if GW1 can last 6 years, I'm sure GW2 will last even longer.  Unless GW2 REALLY screwed up which I really don't see it from happening. 

     

  • Serin101Serin101 Markham, ONPosts: 103Member
    That guy loves wow more than his own family, I've seen another of his 'articles' before.  Safe to say that guy isn't someone who holds weight in terms of opinion.
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy louisville, COPosts: 2,053Member
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    prove him wrong

    eh?

  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Norfolk, VAPosts: 394Member
    Originally posted by DJJazzy
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    prove him wrong

    eh?

    Anet will, we won't have to.

  • ZylaxxZylaxx Erlanger, KYPosts: 2,574Member
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    prove him wrong

    I did in my comments of his blog and did it with the help of DAoC's success, WoodenPotatoes and the Anet dev team.  Easily the easiest debunking this side of the Moonlandings.

    Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

    Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

    image

  • itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    prove him wrong

    I did in my comments of his blog and did it with the help of DAoC's success, WoodenPotatoes and the Anet dev team.  Easily the easiest debunking this side of the Moonlandings.

    image

  • WeretigarWeretigar winifrede, WVPosts: 609Member
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    prove him wrong

    If you zone in with 8-10 friends, or even a small group, I can maybe see it being a nice diversion to go kill a bunch of NPC guards at one of the random outposts and otherwise inflicting maximum annoyance. But knocking on a wall and then killing a Keep Lord and then losing said keep a few hours later after you turn in for the night when the West coast PvP guild logs on? And god help you if you want to do WvW below level 80 – you get leveled up to 80, but neither your gear nor your skills are leveled likewise. I imagine we will all get pretty adept at playing Angry Birds one-handed as we navigate the 2.25 minute graveyard run for the millionth time.

    "Quote from source link"

    With a Group of 5 you can cap supply camps and kill supply buffalo(whatever there called) Also take flag points that watch roads(one elite). You would be able to set up a Catapult on a cliff facing the door of said keep or rush it with 2 battering ram. Regardless if your are lvl 80 trew actuall lvling or auto 80 you do not get more skills on seige weponry. You can also repair walls/ gates as well as anyone else.

    Upgrading a keep properly will make it so your keep lasts much longer and with boiling fire/ballista/ arrowcart/and cannons at your disposel noone can just zerg a group of ten holding a fortified keep at max lvl regardless if its all pure 80 vrs lowbie 80s. It's still going to be quite the little battle with 2 people repairing the gates, the giant Swords crossed on the map letting the rest of your server know its being attacked, and the constant large structured pvp from seige weapons.

    Also there is no graveyard, you just repspawn at desired waypoint or get rezzed. If he means the walk back to the place he died it is purposly set up like that for spawn abuse reasons. 

     

  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye jarrowPosts: 1,016Member
    He probably lost all his WoW friends to GW2, now he is bitter and lonely.
  • mearimeari SydneyPosts: 101Member

    Ironically while I totally disagree with the guy's blog in content, I agree with his conclusion.

     

    GW2's success is not because of DE, B2P, level field sPvP, WvW or horizontal progression. GW2 is successful because its design, gameplay, philosophy is fundamentally different and aims at a market that has no other competitions, a market that had for the past decade been underestimated and neglected by the MMO sector.

    There are a hundred MMO out there with gear treadmills and static quests, there are few if any out there that had taken GW2's approach. The MMO market for grinds, gated progression and gear treadmills is oversaturated while people like me who are tired of the same old raid drama over gear and chasing the dangling carrot only to chase more of them, are left without.

    DE, WvW and horizontal progression are simply manifestations and natural outcomes of the fundamental design philosophy Anet has chose to adopt. It didn't have to be DE, WvW, no matter what system Anet come up with for the game under their design philosophy of the game should be designed to be fun will always appeal to me, and undoubtly plenty others.

     

  • ZylaxxZylaxx Erlanger, KYPosts: 2,574Member
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    prove him wrong

    I did in my comments of his blog and did it with the help of DAoC's success, WoodenPotatoes and the Anet dev team.  Easily the easiest debunking this side of the Moonlandings.

    image

    Awesome sig image

    Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

    Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

    image

  • heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

    just got through reading http://inanage.com/2012/08/16/if-guild-wars-2-succeeds-it-will-be-in-spite-of/

     

    This has to be the most stupid and narrow minded blog I've ever read.

    You mean like the statements "GW2 will have cash shops" or "Why are the major dragon events so static" or my favorite of the day "Patience, Fanboism/Hype Train, Marketing"

    I completely agree. It's getting out of hand even here. And you're right that author is a complete idiot.

    The game launches in about 7 days  and they just want to get the most out of them.

    I mean, once the game launches, people will be too busy playing and the haters will lose a large chunk of their audience.

    Besides that, who cares what some random blogger thinks?

    image

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member
    See ya gotta admit, atleast when TSW and GW2 fans get into it. we don't dont sound nearly as bad as people from the other games. I'm willing to admit GW2 will be good i just wont be playing it, some people cant even try to see something in a light if its a threat to their game at all.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • Serin101Serin101 Markham, ONPosts: 103Member
    I guess we have to suffer idiocy until the game launches, as it gets closer its going to get worst.  Button down the hatches, it will be a long night.
  • SiphaedSiphaed Everywhere!Posts: 877Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

    just got through reading http://inanage.com/2012/08/16/if-guild-wars-2-succeeds-it-will-be-in-spite-of/

     

    This has to be the most stupid and narrow minded blog I've ever read.

     

     

    How about you post a summery here.  Because, by posting a link and giving a narrow minded view of the narrow minded blog, you're just having people click said blog to see what the content is.  This is what the blogger wants.  Congradulations, he's smarter than you.


  • ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,034Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Serin101
    I guess we have to suffer idiocy until the game launches, as it gets closer its going to get worst.  Button down the hatches, it will be a long night.

    whahahahahah wish idiocy was cured when GW2 launched, shamefully it a human thing. Not getting rid of it that easy :P

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member

    Cant Cure stupid. Think about it, WoW players needed to be told as a Loading screen tip not to stand in fire. and they still did.

     

    My old guild leader used to say "screw em, you cant heal though stupid."

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • Serin101Serin101 Markham, ONPosts: 103Member
    Originally posted by Rayshe

    Cant Cure stupid. Think about it, WoW players needed to be told as a Loading screen tip not to stand in fire. and they still did.

     

    My old guild leader used to say "screw em, you cant heal though stupid."

    I remember this and can't help to chuckle about it.

  • Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Linden, NJPosts: 330Member
    i like GW2, but the stuff the dude said is pretty much true and everyone else will see it after a month or 2 of play time, after playing a ton of games and mmo jumping from beta to beta and staying if theyre good, i can see clearly the points he is trying to make. And you would have to be ignorant to say all of it was garbage....it would be annoying as hell to repeatedly run for 2-5mins die and do it all over again repeatedly. sure it may be a bit oldschool and more immersive to NOT have mounts but in the end i feel the game will suffer from that constant respawn run as well. 
  • MothanosMothanos ArnhemPosts: 1,860Member Uncommon

    And you know whats even more funny ? :)

    Those wow fanboys saying they have 9.1 million sub players left :)

    log in at WoW EU with a trial account on prime time and check the servers list.

    128 servers
    15 full
    20 medium
    93 low

    You play I am legend in a game that says we have 9.1 million subs left -_-
    In reality 6 million players are from internet cafe's in asia who pay 1 cent per hour of gameplay in WoW.

    WoW EU is death, all raiding guilds that raid serious transfered off to one of those 15 servers to recruit raiders and have alot of difficulty even on those (full servers)


    I just chuckle when they spit shit on GW2.
    MoP will be a disaster for Blizzard, many serious players cant buy MoP and wont do so, thats why over 300 members in our guild just quited WoW in the last year.

    Wow is a boring carrot on a stick selling lies and milking out their playerbase untill they can release Titan.


    In the meantime alot of us are having epic siege battles.
    Competetive balanced Structured PvP
    Super fun dynamic events, some even with epic scaled boss fights.
    Its a wet dream for competitive players :)

    Let wow fanboys dream their dream for they believe wow is better then GW2 :)
    One day they wake up and see how blizzard robbed their money since Cataclysm.


  • OberholzerOberholzer Hasbrouck Heights, NJPosts: 498Member
    Originally posted by Mothanos

    And you know whats even more funny ? :)

    Those wow fanboys saying they have 9.1 million sub players left :)

    log in at WoW EU with a trial account on prime time and check the servers list.

    128 servers
    15 full
    20 medium
    93 low

    You play I am legend in a game that says we have 9.1 million subs left -_-
    In reality 6 million players are from internet cafe's in asia who pay 1 cent per hour of gameplay in WoW.

    WoW EU is death, all raiding guilds that raid serious transfered off to one of those 15 servers to recruit raiders and have alot of difficulty even on those (full servers)


    I just chuckle when they spit shit on GW2.
    MoP will be a disaster for Blizzard, many serious players cant buy MoP and wont do so, thats why over 300 members in our guild just quited WoW in the last year.

    Wow is a boring carrot on a stick selling lies and milking out their playerbase untill they can release Titan.


    In the meantime alot of us are having epic siege battles.
    Competetive balanced Structured PvP
    Super fun dynamic events, some even with epic scaled boss fights.
    Its a wet dream for competitive players :)

    Let wow fanboys dream their dream for they believe wow is better then GW2 :)
    One day they wake up and see how blizzard robbed their money since Cataclysm.

     

    When you say things like this though do you really sound any better than WoW people "spitting shit", all you're really doing. I get wht your trying to say and agree partially but your just doing the same thing. 

«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.