Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Three New Classes Incoming

2»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Aion is the best FTP game out. Just wish they would give the combat system an update which I think has been in the works.
  • NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by Asuran24
    Saddly for me a cs that gives players a higher or absolute chance at staying or getting competitive with other players is not the definition of  pay to win. Pay to win to me would be one that you can buy an item that gives you an absolute advantage over others in power, such as better weapons or armor that are not attainable or which have eaul or greater counter-parts in the game, but just giving an advantage of success or increased power is much more a fact of convience with the side effect of reducing time it takes to get the same power in game. As such that this  is more of buying a convience over buying rraw power, it would rather not fall into pay to win  as it would be like saying that putting exp boost packs in the cs being p2w after raising the exp needed to level by an extreme amount.

The problem with your stance is that without using the CS for these items, some players will in fact NEVER reach the point of being competitive with those that use it no matter how long they play. The RNG in this game has been that cruel to quite a few people. your looking at it in terms of "well, eventually you will be competitive with the CS users" but it simply isnt necessarily true. It still comes down to luck. And many players dont have luck when it comes to Aion's rng. It may not be P2W for you, but for some, thats exactly what it is. You can spend months attempting to improve your gear and wind up with nothing to show for all of your effort and time.

I personally spent over 160 million kinah at one point attempting to get an armour piece enchanted to +10 from +3 and wound up with +1. And i was buying stones 25-35 lvl's over the lvl of the gold gear. That money represented 3 months of grinding and selling everything i could. Im far from alone on that type of experience. If you dont consider being able to bypass such experiences P2W, then i guess we simply have different definitions as you say.

• boonie808boonie808 Member UncommonPosts: 60

interesting.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Nailzzz
    Originally posted by Asuran24
    Saddly for me a cs that gives players a higher or absolute chance at staying or getting competitive with other players is not the definition of  pay to win. Pay to win to me would be one that you can buy an item that gives you an absolute advantage over others in power, such as better weapons or armor that are not attainable or which have eaul or greater counter-parts in the game, but just giving an advantage of success or increased power is much more a fact of convience with the side effect of reducing time it takes to get the same power in game. As such that this  is more of buying a convience over buying rraw power, it would rather not fall into pay to win  as it would be like saying that putting exp boost packs in the cs being p2w after raising the exp needed to level by an extreme amount.

The problem with your stance is that without using the CS for these items, some players will in fact NEVER reach the point of being competitive with those that use it no matter how long they play. The RNG in this game has been that cruel to quite a few people. your looking at it in terms of "well, eventually you will be competitive with the CS users" but it simply isnt necessarily true. It still comes down to luck. And many players dont have luck when it comes to Aion's rng. It may not be P2W for you, but for some, thats exactly what it is. You can spend months attempting to improve your gear and wind up with nothing to show for all of your effort and time.

I personally spent over 160 million kinah at one point attempting to get an armour piece enchanted to +10 from +3 and wound up with +1. And i was buying stones 25-35 lvl's over the lvl of the gold gear. That money represented 3 months of grinding and selling everything i could. Im far from alone on that type of experience. If you dont consider being able to bypass such experiences P2W, then i guess we simply have different definitions as you say.

If you could not at all get competitive with other players in the game that use the cs, without using it yourself then you are right that is pay to win, but the issue is you can get to a compettive level if you are willing to spend the money an time to get there (regardless of how much or long it takes.). The issue is yeah the chance of upgrading/enchanting/gemming what ever you want to call it in game without using the cs, and with using the cs are huge yet still not p2w as it is doable even if unlikely. As i said this is buying a convience factor over merely buying raw power that is not attainable in game, or just buying items that are outright better than others in game. For myself an i am sure many others if i had to choose between seeing this kind of convience kind of item buying, or buying actual items that are out right better than others in the game (true pay to win.) without playing game, i would much rather see this style myself. An yes we are talking about two different standards of p2w as you example is any cs that gives a advantage to the players in the game, where as mine is well when you can actually purchase somethign that aloje makes you vastly more powerful or able to win.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

If RNG is your thing then Aion suits your needs perfectly.

The music rocks in Aion

The graphics are amazing

The grind is hard, not as hard as it was but still hard enough

I quited a long time ago and never looked back tough, played it in a private server for quite some time to enjoy a more balanced pvp and that was fun, but man this game could have been alot better with some small diffrences in RNG and grinding.

• 32style32style Member UncommonPosts: 24

I'm bettin on a plate.

Spear plus shield anyone ? :D

• ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Exciting news. Aion is the #1 (IMO) F2P game with only fluff items in the cash shop.

nope not anymore 

gw2 is here baby 

• ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Mothanos

If RNG is your thing then Aion suits your needs perfectly.

The music rocks in Aion

The graphics are amazing

The grind is hard, not as hard as it was but still hard enough

I quited a long time ago and never looked back tough, played it in a private server for quite some time to enjoy a more balanced pvp and that was fun, but man this game could have been alot better with some small diffrences in RNG and grinding.

its not hard its boring

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk RUNS to get a single drop...this game has THE WORST drop rate an mmo has to date.

no wonder ppl ragequit and the devs still dont get it.

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Exciting news. Aion is the #1 (IMO) F2P game with only fluff items in the cash shop.

nope not anymore 

gw2 is here baby 

gw2 is not  f2p its buy to play, so his statement still stands.