Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Waiting for A Real Stress Test

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Not this mid day Tuesday BS. Until I see a hardcore MID DAY SUNDAY test GW2 is vaporware.

And FYI, Pics or it didn't happen.

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Gainesville, FLPosts: 2,000Member
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Not this mid day Tuesday BS. Until I see a hardcore MID DAY SUNDAY test GW2 is vaporware.

Wha?

• WeretigarWeretigar winifrede, WVPosts: 609Member

I think it's to late for that headstart is in like a little over 7 days.

• JagaridJagarid West Covina, CAPosts: 415Member
    Wasn't there one Sunday at noon like just last weekend?
  • nolic1nolic1 Kingman, AZPosts: 687Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Jagarid

Yep a 1 hr one I was there :)

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

• galphargalphar Independence, KYPosts: 65Member Uncommon
    So the 2 stress tests they did last Sat and Sun weren't good enough for ya?

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Gainesville, FLPosts: 2,000Member
    Originally posted by nolic1

Remember the OP, pic or it didn't happen!  I wonder if the post was made after a night at the bar.

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by galphar
    So the 2 stress tests they did last Sat and Sun weren't good enough for ya?

lol yea they did weekend test as well as many "workday" tests... not sure what OP is complaining about

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Somewhere Out There, PAPosts: 2,320Member Uncommon
    I'm thinking vaporware doesn't mean what you think it does ;x

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch smithville ON, ONPosts: 488Member
    What?
  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beta

shows all the testing done.. game has been pretty well tested by a lot of people

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

hmmm I see a whole lotta type, and a whole lack of pics. Anyone can throw together a fake wiki page.

• FaulknerFaulkner Hutchinson, MNPosts: 111Member

Well if you don't believe any one check out guildwars 2 twitter or Facebook pages for all the dates thus far.  Thousands have played over these stress tests and there are YouTube and pics out there. Go do your research sir.

cheers,

Faulkner

• heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

That word. You keep saying it but I don't think you know what it means.

More words, no pics. Just what I thought.

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Winter Springs, FLPosts: 64Member
    I would love another stress test haha. One more on like Tuesday or Wednesday to give players one last chance to get into Tyria before launch :)

• ZezdaZezda Posts: 685Member Uncommon

These were taken on Sunday in the last beta weekend.

http://minus.com/m1rrBateo/18g

Go away and stop trolling

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 portland, ORPosts: 463Member

The true stress test will commence aug 25th >:P

*Crappy Illidan voice* You are not prepared!!!! >:P

• Serin101Serin101 Markham, ONPosts: 103Member
    Originally posted by nolic1

That one was to double check on their connection with their NA data center since that was one of the big problems in the stress test before that one I think since people were saying that there was some really bad lag/rubber banding issues.

They need to man up and have one this weekend, all weekend, to really test it. I dare them.

• stringboistringboi Atlanta, GAPosts: 394Member
    Guys...why are you even wasting your time trying to defend something to someone who obviously isnt right up there.  He knows how to find what he wants....let HIM do the work.  You guys have nothing to prove.....I thought these were the people we did NOT want playing a game with us.  Yet your falling right into a retard fest with him....dont let him bring you down with him.

Originally posted by stringboi
    Guys...why are you even wasting your time trying to defend something to someone who obviously isnt right up there.  He knows how to find what he wants....let HIM do the work.  You guys have nothing to prove.....I thought these were the people we did NOT want playing a game with us.  Yet your falling right into a retard fest with him....dont let him bring you down with him.

Please keep it PG and refrain from the R werd. Thank You.

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon
    Sigh

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• atticusbcatticusbc Posts: 1,069Member Uncommon

They need to man up and have one this weekend, all weekend, to really test it. I dare them.

a: stress test next weekend. it's called launch. welcome to mmos.

b: vaporware is software which, while spoken of, does not exist for all intents and purposes. so unless you have decided that since you yourself haven't seen it, it doesn't exist (i'm sure china will be interested to hear that it is fictional), or you believe that next saturday anet is just going to be like "psych!!" i think you need to rethink your word choice.

c: follow this link. scroll down until you get to august 10th and 12th. "pics or it didn't happen" is a childish phenomenon brought about by fools on the internet. if you take pictures as gospel, keep in mind they can be faked as easy as typed reports. so. for the post concerning the stress test of the 10th (which happened on a friday from 4-8 pm pdt since you can't seem to be bothered to use the internet for anything more than looking at this site apparently) you have only to look at the 408 responders who seem to think that it went rather well.

good day, sir.

If I was trolling I'd say that WOW is the real innovator. Taking an inside joke and making it into an Xpac, thats bold, thats progress. GW2 is just 1 big instance WOW wannabe.

I'd also say SWTOR owns GW2. GW2 doesn't even have good Story or VO.

Clearly I'm not trolling.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 portland, ORPosts: 463Member
    If you was trollin.....I'd have to ya know destroy your adventuring career with a arrow to the knee >:D
This discussion has been closed.