Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extra WvWvW EU motivation

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

One of the servers pairded with my server was french speaking, it woke up the nationalist in our dutch guild and we started killing french like there was no tomorrow. it made us feel good, French. Are somehow not very popular in the rest of europe because they refuse to addapt to others, and generally treatevery foreigner like a 2nd rank person.

i just cant wayt to meet the germans , finally revenge for what happened 70 years ago.

Not that i am really serious aboout this , but smehow it added another layer to the competitive feeling

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Well most of the servers are internationl servers but i can see where you are coming from....

Things could really escalate if every mediumsized nation could get its "official" server.

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    But your server isn't 100% dutch but mixed. Which means you better get ready to lose almost every matchup against german/french/spanish servers because they'll have much more "server pride" (and better communication) than you guys.
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Only thing I really noticed about what countrys are on what servers in Europe is that the Russians somewhat worryingly (having played against quite a few in AoC and Aion), despite having their own server have spread guilds out on almost every server. I really hope this does not mean they are going to start the same questionable behaviour that they brought to AoC and Aion.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Daemonweaver
    Only thing I really noticed about what countrys are on what servers in Europe is that the Russians somewhat worryingly (having played against quite a few in AoC and Aion), despite having their own server have spread guilds out on almost every server. I really hope this does not mean they are going to start the same questionable behaviour that they brought to AoC and Aion.

Dont worry, they wil

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

One of the servers pairded with my server was french speaking, it woke up the nationalist in our dutch guild and we started killing french like there was no tomorrow. it made us feel good, French. Are somehow not very popular in the rest of europe because they refuse to addapt to others, and generally treatevery foreigner like a 2nd rank person.

i just cant wayt to meet the germans , finally revenge for what happened 70 years ago.

Not that i am really serious aboout this , but smehow it added another layer to the competitive feeling

We here in America also make fun of the French whenever we can.   Your dutch guild is going to have a easier time finding the french when the Germans come, as the french players will be running around waving white flags..... hahaha I crack myself up.  (This is just a joke, no french were hurt in the making of this post)

Anyway, nice theory on extra motivation.   We could do the same in the states, some states hate other states and most states hate Texas.  (Again I am joking kinda)

Sooner or Later

What questionable behaviour?   I played AoC but not on a Euro server. 

Sooner or Later

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

lol jeesus, fear and propeganda is a scary thing.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    GW2 WvW is the gateway game to IRL Hunger Games. image
  • ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247

I know this isn't really serious but I don't even like thinking of such things. Online Games should be a plattform to look beyond our heritage, because that's the beautiful thing about mmorpgs.

Online that german, dutch or french guy is just a charr warrior like you, no matter where you come from.

And I know I'm sounding like a boring buzzkill here.

• killercookiekillercookie Member UncommonPosts: 14

Lets see how much 70+ years old germans you find in GW 2.

• MardermannMardermann Member Posts: 29

.... that won by far the "most stupid post ever" award...

dude - you have some serious issues.

go and get professional help - and please dont play any games with weapons in it...

Originally posted by Mardermann

go and get professional help - and please dont play any games with weapons in it...

You need to buy yourself a sense of humor.  Holy crap I have no idea how anyone could have taken this post seriously.

Sooner or Later

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well, I'm from Croatia and even tho the balkan history is really complicated and full of wars, whenever I meet someone from the balkan they're always friendly and just makes the conversations all the better. Never the other way around, and that's kinda what I like about gaming...

The "nation" prides in games is just, well I dislike it ALOT...

But the worst thing I remember about nations is when cheeky russians start typing on russian and just ignore the fact that they're on english speaking server and suddenly it escalates into a chat which looks like is pasted from russian servers...The best thing is, when you try to trade or something, they even tend writing to you on russian -.-

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• MardermannMardermann Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

You need to buy yourself a sense of humor.  Holy crap I have no idea how anyone could have taken this post seriously.

there is nothing in that post that makes it look like its meant humorous ... 

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

there is nothing in that post that makes it look like its meant humorous ... 

I agree, pretty tasteless. 

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

You properly needs to be european to understand that kind of competion. Its all about bragging rights and everythings counts. But i think someone here needs to chill out a litlte, its like sports, and its fun to take part in these national competions.

As a Scandinavian i had hoped for a 3 server battle between Denmark, Norway and Sweeden. If you look at newspapers after a friendly football match you would think the nations was ready to go to war, but then when there is a EM or WM we support each others teams. Now thats hard to understand.

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

World vs world vs world war 3 ? you are a legend

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by korent1991

Well, I'm from Croatia and even tho the balkan history is really complicated and full of wars, whenever I meet someone from the balkan they're always friendly and just makes the conversations all the better. Never the other way around, and that's kinda what I like about gaming...

The "nation" prides in games is just, well I dislike it ALOT...

And Gandara gonna be where biggest Croatian and Serbian guild gonna end up, and we might end up in alliance :D

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    LOL! beating on the French as extra motivation! Wait till the Germans get you, there's a lot of them! LAWL! Maybe it's best that e don't hear what the other servers are saying in WvW. THAT could get ugly! :D

imageimage
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

OMG, I can see now - Euro breakup blamed on GW2!

Germans blame defeat by Greeks on Greeks having too much leisure time!