Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT5 L20 Dungeon Bosses, 1080p

CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

From our Russian testers. Looks pretty standard but fun for a 3 man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WieNn91QxnU

Comments

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Another tank and spank MMO just what we need. Combat rly looks static, even WoW is more dynamic than this.
  • LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Real excited for this game but that just looked horrible.  Boss just stands there and doesn't move?  Lets hope the other sandbox elements are good.
  • i'm really looking forward to an NA launch, but not lookin forward to these runs. they look pretty bland imho. i'm thinkin some of the high end instances will be more active.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Well, since the 'mage'  type seemed to be tanking the one boss I would hesitate to call it a TnS encounter. But yes, typical playstyle.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Interesting....I must say Im a bit biased by new combat in mmos which have more movement to them, it was a bit sad seeing the casters just sit there and cast spells for the most part.

Animations need work but I love the medieval style they are going for.

When the heck are they going to get rid of those horrible looking health bars?!

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    These are level 20 bosses, just look at the low level bosses in other games they dont do shit either.
  • DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    I saw some videos on Yogscast that got me interested in this game, but even taking into account that this is beta, I can't imagine that these kinds of encounters are what people are looking for in a new MMO.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    Another tank and spank MMO just what we need. Combat rly looks static, even WoW is more dynamic than this.

you do realize that this is one small part of the game ?   This is a sand box mmo, where you can build ships, houses, battle in the seas, on land , siege fortresses etc.  Though I will agree the combat could be improved but its still on 1 of many parts of a whole game.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

The first boss is fairly lackluster, but the second boss seems pretty decent.

The overall animations are really nice, environments too - though the characters looked a little displaced, overall seemed fairly standard but with some nice twists.

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    These are level 20 bosses, just look at the low level bosses in other games they dont do shit either.

Umm that isn't the right attitude. "Just because all games don't do good boss battles at low levels doesn't mean we have to either"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09IPQdMz49Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=229s

Level 1 boss battle :)

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by yaoming36

Umm that isn't the right attitude. "Just because all games don't do good boss battles at low levels doesn't mean we have to either"

When a game is ALL about combat and nothing else, having good combat isn't that impressive.

AA is a different kind of MMO, im ok with standard MMO combat if that means having a virtual world with more things to do than just kill stuff.

IMO most of the GW2 battles will end up like unorganized zergfests with soft grouping anyway.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

And GW2 is the savior, the best, the uber, the hip etc.

Archeage looks really interesting, especially with the crafting (not to mention the stunning visuals). Instead of taking the boat from Ratchet to Booty Bay, I actually get to build the boat in this game.

Eleanor Rigby.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    On first impulse, I thought "Ew, not a fan", but as someone pointed out, they're early level bosses.  Still not much of an excuse (and yes, GW2 bosses are far cooler at even lower levels, deny it if you want to), but I can't judge a game on its first dungeon either.
  • cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Originally posted by Treekodar

And GW2 is the savior, the best, the uber, the hip etc.

Archeage looks really interesting, especially with the crafting (not to mention the stunning visuals). Instead of taking the boat from Ratchet to Booty Bay, I actually get to build the boat in this game.

lol. he did not even mention GW2 yet it seems to be  on your mind.  Thats pretty sad.

BOOYAKA!

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by cyress8
    lol. he did not even mention GW2 yet it seems to be  on your mind.  Thats pretty sad.

Is GW2 not on everybody's mind, what with the release so close? But hey, feel free to twist my words to justify whatever point you were trying to make.

Eleanor Rigby.

TBH I enjoy the Archeage type combat over GW2, call me old school or w/e but I'll stick with the classic combat. 
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    The combat looks all kinds of awful in that vid, not going to lie. But if you go watch some PvP from last beta the combat is pretty fast paced and bursty. So I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I would describe AA's combat as a mix between Aion and VG. It's nothing ground breaking but its not as bad as the vid made it appear. Good enough considering all the other features its offering. Have to weigh the good against the bad.
    You cant really expect AA to have groundbreaking combat or graphics. People need to realise that this is a sandbox which mean more with decent quality over themeparks that only focus on 1 thing. AA reminds me of Lineage II in the sense that the game will be mostly about community and server politics which is why I cant wait to play it and I will be there on the 1st day of the korean release.
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    First boss was boring, but the second and final encounters seemed like fun.  I didn't see any loot drop, did I miss the rolls?
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    On first impulse, I thought "Ew, not a fan", but as someone pointed out, they're early level bosses.  Still not much of an excuse (and yes, GW2 bosses are far cooler at even lower levels, deny it if you want to), but I can't judge a game on its first dungeon either.

I do not think that the combat and boss fights will be getting much better at higher levels. People who care about these aspects a lot will probably not be interested in AA. In GW, combat is a key aspect or at least one of the key aspects, so that it has to be really good.

I doubt that anyone would be interested in AA for its combat or instances. I do not claim that they are not important, but the level of importance varies based on the type of game.

Yeah, you're right actually.  I'd play AA for totally different reasons, seeing as I can get a challenging combat fix from GW2 (Ettin vs. Warrior seemed different every time).  Being able to build your own towns and modes of transportation are my interests in AA so far.  That being said, the combat looks a lot more fun than TSW.

Originally posted by coretex666

I do not think that the combat and boss fights will be getting much better at higher levels. People who care about these aspects a lot will probably not be interested in AA. In GW, combat is a key aspect or at least one of the key aspects, so that it has to be really good.

I doubt that anyone would be interested in AA for its combat or instances. I do not claim that they are not important, but the level of importance varies based on the type of game.

Yeah, you're right actually.  I'd play AA for totally different reasons, seeing as I can get a challenging combat fix from GW2 (Ettin vs. Warrior seemed different every time).  Being able to build your own towns and modes of transportation are my interests in AA so far.  That being said, the combat looks a lot more fun than TSW.

Smashing your face agaisnt a wall is more fun than TSW.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Have you seen low levels bosses in TSW? Look up a video of polaris :).

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Letsinod
    Real excited for this game but that just looked horrible.  Boss just stands there and doesn't move?  Lets hope the other sandbox elements are good.

Yeah that was disappointing. I'm still interested in the game, but that looked boring as hell. Just standing around pewpewing like most other MMOs. Mobs and environments should at least engage the entire party, not just the person in melee range. The typical , non-action-oriented MMO gameplay isn't ~that~ bad a thing provided it manages to engage people, keep them moving and thinking. Mob design like this is just lazy.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Originally posted by Treekodar
    Originally posted by cyress8

Is GW2 not on everybody's mind, what with the release so close? But hey, feel free to twist my words to justify whatever point you were trying to make.

Twist what words?  He said zero about GW2 and you still brought it up when you had no reason to even do so.

BOOYAKA!

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by yaoming36

... and TSW 1st dungeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLerJMvziDU