Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: A Sneak Peek Into the Future

Comments

• KtaraKtara Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

HAHHAHA the people boasting about GW2,  funny stuff  GW does not give updates like new content UNLESS you pay, SWTOR has given many, many updates with the monthly fee...

So once your out of content in GW2, I CAN see it now!! GW2 sucks, OMG, wah!!  You people on this forum make me laugh how much you cry about games, get a new hobby if youc an't afford to play.

The difference here is that GW2 already has features for launch that SWToR still doesn't have, or at least didn't when it launched.  I wasn't going to play GW2 at all since I got burned by ToR and didn't want to listen to all the hype over a game again.  When I finally looked at the list of features (on launch) a month ago, the bf and I preordered immediately, and we've done some of the stress tests already.  It's really good. 

There'll be patches and fixes, no game ships without bugs (it's a computer after all), and sure, major updates are expansions to buy---but that's how they make their money.  You can't expect them to do expansion packs for free and no sub.  They'd go under in a few months. 

I was impressed most of all with the amount of everything they've got, for $60 and no sub.  I paid $150 for ToR and got 1/4 of that and I had to pay the sub.  Seriously, who puts a game out that doesn't have a guild bank, when all they do for almost a year is hype their guild features, and put you into your guild automatically as soon as you log in?? The thing I kept hearing from the fanboys was "Well, WoW didn't have a guild bank for 6 yrs" or whatever.  Well guess what, this is 2012, not 2004...I think guild bank technology has become standard in all those years.

The whole argument here is that SWToR should have had certain things in at launch, things they hyped so they'd sell more, and that stuff wasn't there until later, or it's still not there. 

• KtaraKtara Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Airtaee
    Can we get our Star Wars galaxies back now,please? This game has the same number of players we had at 2005 so... why not? I'm sure sony will be really pleased in sell the code to LA for a few dollars. They really need it.

Yes please.  I miss that game.  Everytime the bf and I talk about gaming, we always come back to SWG. 

• KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56
    They are on my screen.
  • nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    I could not believe the first time I played space combat in SWTOR that it was the equivalent of an arcade game from the eighties.  What were they thinking??!!  Why even bother if that's all your going to do??!!
  • urbanosurbanos Member UncommonPosts: 13
    All  I want to say is: LucasArts bring back Star Wars Galaxies!!
  • ZhylawZhylaw Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by Sanguinelust
    I really won't be interested in this game again until they release the JTLS expansionimage

Same. I might come back when theres real space combat.

• EyesgoodEyesgood Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Until they implement SWG style crafting, housing, and sandbox feel, SWG will remain the ONLY great Star Wars MMO ever made.
  • SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

This game and its devs really never cease to amaze me. No game has ever managed to release sneak peek previews that interest me so little and that title really was hard to earn after Age of Conan.

It was funny for some time with some epic rolleyes moment but don't you think that someone should eventually tell the devs that adding new ops and warzones won't do the trick?

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Saydien

This game and its devs really never cease to amaze me. No game has ever managed to release sneak peek previews that interest me so little and that title really was hard to earn after Age of Conan.

It was funny for some time with some epic rolleyes moment but don't you think that someone should eventually tell the devs that adding new ops and warzones won't do the trick?

Well, they are in damage control mode at the moment, I'm not sure if that would work.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Saydien

I agree with you but at the same time thats what some poeple like is FP, Op's, and WZ's to me add alot more worlds and quest content and you dont have to make it all V/O but thats to late cause the game has it up to now.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

Guess they can't afford those fancy CGI videos anymore?

New payable race is another odd colored human.

Maybe if they just replace what they have now with SWG, keep the swtor graphics... Prob not even then.

This might be the last time I even post in anything to do with swtor.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

There was a time when I actually thought they might have a chance after all. It was when they talked about adding minigames (racing etc.) and guild capital ships. Such stuff maybe could STILL work simply because there in my opinion is no game out there that provides competitive gameplay of individuals or even guilds that doesn't necessarily involve combat.

And let's face it: What would be cooler for Star Wars fans than being in a guild that owns and continuously upgrades an own capital ship? As much as I hated the word "iconic" in relation to SWG, iconic Star Wars features and moments is just what those guys need there now.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Jump to Lightspeed was well into production before SWG even launched.  It was also common knowledge that it was to be released post-launch of SWG.

BioWare has no free roaming space expansion in developement that they've announced or teased or made any indication that its "in the works".  So I wouldn't hold your breath on having an actual Space Flight Simulator in SW:TOR.

Or have I missed some super SW:TOR news somewhere?

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Ktara
    Originally posted by Airtaee
    Can we get our Star Wars galaxies back now,please? This game has the same number of players we had at 2005 so... why not? I'm sure sony will be really pleased in sell the code to LA for a few dollars. They really need it.

Yes please.  I miss that game.  Everytime the bf and I talk about gaming, we always come back to SWG. 

Amen.

It's like SWG died and got buried in the Pet Sematary. What we got as a replacement is a vile abomination.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Looks like more non-star wars content and mediocre design on the way. I still feel sorry for anyone paying for this game. Which is funny also because even when it becomes FTP I still won't go back to that sorry excuse for a mmo.
  • AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84

Those poor dudes at  SWTOR comunity team said will be looking for feedback from everywhere people were talking about SWTOR...here is a hint:

SWG at june 2011 was better and  servers more active. 

Bring us back SWG 

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

eghh, catpeople......

Manimals, furrys,  anthropomorphic or whatever they may be call, I despise them with a passion.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

I can't believe they are releasing another humanoid race reskinned when the chief complaint about the races was them all being humanoid models reskinned. Is every spoken line of the cathar dialogue going to be reused from previous voices too? If I didn't know better, I'd say they are trying to make even F2P seem unappealing.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    Looks like more non-star wars content and mediocre design on the way. I still feel sorry for anyone paying for this game. Which is funny also because even when it becomes FTP I still won't go back to that sorry excuse for a mmo.

You know, I had actually decided if it where free to play, I might go back when they add a few warzones, fix ilum or add openworld, and drop their super secret space project just to try it out, but then I saw this quote from gabe amantegelo their lead pvp/operation guy

"Ok, that covers the first question. Second thing which was a huge thing on the internet was free-to-play, and so, with F2P on the horizon, what limitations are there for F2P players concerning PVP?" Darthhater

"Sure, they’re only going to be able to do like one Warzone a day or something like that. We’re still sort of hammering out the specifics on what is restricted for that F2P option. With the F2P option, you can get to level 50 but you can only do some content like, it’d be like some of the older operations, maybe just Eternity Vault, and we’ll give you a taste of Warzones, like you can play one a day or something like that. Flashpoints, maybe one a week, two a week, I don’t know.

Those are the types of things that we’re sort of seeing what that option entails. That kind of sums it up, it’s basically content restrictions, though you can effectively get to level 50".GABE

I don't know if they are just dumb at bioware, but that helped make up my mind. I won't go back no matter what they add. So there is no reason to go back. One warzone a day and the Eternity vault lol. I hope they all get VD.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/21321-gamescom-2012-interview-with-gabe-amatangelo

heres the link for people who are interested, or still like the game(I may not be happy, but I have nothing against people that are happy with the game)

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I thought the sneak peek into the future would be the "SWTOR closing its doors"

Kidding aside.

They need to show more. SWTOR's lack of content is one of its greatest and many weaknesses.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Give me a real space game, not this Rebel Assault crap remake and I may reconsider. Else RIP.
  • zycantiszycantis Member Posts: 1
    I think they should have brought it out for the xbox, instead of spending all this money on it, and then falling short and in their faces. Or should have let Obsidian try at it, EA belongs to the sports games, not an MMORPG. Lucas Arts should have done their homework on making an MMORPG.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

So are they ever going to add new game systems or is it just going to be more of the same?

• GurpslordGurpslord Member Posts: 350

Ohh, gee, Bioware thank you so very much for more of the exact same.  Future sure looks bright for this one!  You mean to tell me that I could RE-ROLL yet ANOTHER toon if I wanted?  AMAZING!  I highly anticipate more buggy pvp battles and the gear grind sounds super sweet too.  I know you guys don't do the gear grind thing as good as other games that tend to outgun you in every possible regard except for story, but hey nobody is holding you to a really high standard anymore so it really doesn't matter.  NO need to impress players with things that are actually fun or interesting at this point I suppose?

• Pace2002Pace2002 Member Posts: 16

The future...of the same old $$^&. 

Sorry I know thats not nice for people who enjoy this game, but comeon Bioware at least release something fun for people.