Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What keyboard would you recommend?

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

So hey guys(and girls maybe?)

Ive had my standard Logitech keyboard for like 6 years now, and 4 buttons have stopped working because I was impatient after I washed it and put it over a heater so they got distorted:D I like this keyboard since it can withstand pretty much anything. Ive washed it many times, let it dry and it works fine when I start it up again. 

I would like to go for something more fancy than just a standard keyboard. I would like one with LED keys and the chance to make macros if I wish to. Also I want one that does not make too much noise when I type. A little is fine, but not a whole lot.

I have not bothered researching too much yet, but Ive started to look into it and would like to order it in the next few days so I can get it before GW2 launches^^

So what do you recommend? Positive and negative sides of the keyboard would be appreciated.

Budget? Not over 150-200 dollars/euro. Live in Norway so the prices here is a bit higher I think. 

Im also planning to buy Razer naga Hex MOBA have anyone tried this one out?

Comments

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86

get yourself another logitech, you really dont need all the fancy mumbo jumbo crap the $100+ keyboards offer anyway if you know how to macro. I use the slim illuminated one, spilled all kinds of crap in it and its lasted forever, cant beat it for $40

EDIT: haven't used the naga moba version, but I do have a razor naga I use for MMOs, don't think razer mice last as long as they should but the side buttons are super nice. Logitech G9x mouse is awesome for everything else

edit2: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards/illuminated-keyboard

thats they keyboard I'm talking about, usually cheaper at local retailers, im sure they got it somewhere in the EU

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120

Personally I use a Logitech G13 Gamepad and a normal Logitech keyboard. I think it's a Wave.

It took awhile to get used to the G13, but now I am too used to using thumbstick movement and programmable keys to go back. It helped my gameplay immensely.

PS - It helps that I also use a Razer Naga mouse for my 1-12 hotkeys.

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

The Roccat Isku sounds like something you're looking for:

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Isku/

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I've had a G19 for a while now. I thought the color LCD would be nice to use. It's more or less useless except for Vent.

The keyboard is nice enough though, and I occasionally use the macro setup. I do like backlit keyboards, although full OLED keyboards are rediculously expensive (the ones that have mini-screens on each key that can change on the fly). The Optimus was out a while ago, but I don't know if it's still out there.

All in all, I wouldn't buy another G19, but I probably would get something like the G110 (which is nearly the same thing minus the screen).

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I use the Logitech Wave for comfort when typing.  For gaming, I use a Fang (now SteelSeries) gamepad, which I am having a hard time finding a replacement for.  Standard keyboards will always be sub-optimal for gaming in my opinion.  I'm sure someone recognizes the desire to press 1 through 0 and have plenty of other buttons to press without moving your hand.

I also like the unifying receiver (one usb port used for mouse+keyboard) and the 2+ year battery life on the mouse and keyboard.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by andre369

So hey guys(and girls maybe?)

Ive had my standard Logitech keyboard for like 6 years now, and 4 buttons have stopped working because I was impatient after I washed it and put it over a heater so they got distorted:D I like this keyboard since it can withstand pretty much anything. Ive washed it many times, let it dry and it works fine when I start it up again. 

I would like to go for something more fancy than just a standard keyboard. I would like one with LED keys and the chance to make macros if I wish to. Also I want one that does not make too much noise when I type. A little is fine, but not a whole lot.

I have not bothered researching too much yet, but Ive started to look into it and would like to order it in the next few days so I can get it before GW2 launches^^

So what do you recommend? Positive and negative sides of the keyboard would be appreciated.

Budget? Not over 150-200 dollars/euro. Live in Norway so the prices here is a bit higher I think. 

Im also planning to buy Razer naga Hex MOBA have anyone tried this one out?

IMHO, you are just better off buying a $20 keyboard.   There is plenty of software out there that will let you make macros for key presses.  Some developers will " patch " your keyboard making it useless to run with their software. 

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I think the macro keys are pretty useless.  Personally, I recommend going to a computer store to see if you can feel the keyboard presses.  The key press in my opinion is probably the most important thing, and can be different for different people.  I find the Saitek Eclipse line has an excellent keyboard press.  If you want a modern one it will be called a Mad Catz Cyborg V.5 Keyboard.  Its a heavier press, and the keys might be difficult to remove.  Also some have recommended the Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire series.  They use Cherry MX switches which are suppose to be good, and each type hase a different feel to them.