Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character slots....

elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
So...why is there only 5 slots available when there are 8 classes?  I only bring this up because looking at the current cash shop, I saw nothing about buying character slots.  I really would like to make all 8 classes, but am I going to have to buy a second box and make a new account to do so?  I really hope not.   Anyone with info on this or is this one of those wait and see things?  I really don't want to wait a year or more to find out though, as I like to play alts and have them all made right away.

Comments

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

you can buy charicter slots for 800 gems or about 10.00 us dollars

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    You can buy more slots with gems.

All die, so die well.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by elocke
    So...why is there only 5 slots available when there are 8 classes?  I only bring this up because looking at the current cash shop, I saw nothing about buying character slots.  I really would like to make all 8 classes, but am I going to have to buy a second box and make a new account to do so?  I really hope not.   Anyone with info on this or is this one of those wait and see things?  I really don't want to wait a year or more to find out though, as I like to play alts and have them all made right away.

there are char slots available in the account section

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

You can buy character slots in the gem store.

I'm not sure of the exact price, I THINK it was 800 gems, but don't quote me. I'm sure someone here knows for sure.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Offcourse you will be able to buy character slots.. They will be 800 gems each from what Ive heard(This can change)

Pretty sure they went with 5 since you will be able to make one of each race.

I will makes 4 characters at first that I want to PvE with and keep the 5th slot as a sPvP slot. Probably will end up buying a slot or 2 more. 

Since you will not be paying a sub fee, you can put 6 dollars in a jar a month and in 5 months you can buy 3 more slots. 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Huh...ok, guess I didn't see that section.  That's good to know.
  • FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

GW1 did the same thing. It was and may still be $10 for GW1 slot.

So its really no surprise they are doing the same with GW2.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Because there are 5 races.

Each race has a storyline (with different paths)

You can buy additional slots in the cash shop

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Shop

see here 1 slot is 800 gems

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Basically its just math you buy the game pay 50 bucks, and you get 5 character slots, every character slot you buy is also 10 bucks. so the math just prooved the game is free.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Character slots were available in the cash shop in the prior BWEs. It was removed in BWE3 and the stress tests, it was bugged. But it was there prior, and will be there at launch.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."