Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'MMOsite.com' hacks on GW2's cash shop

XtenXten Member Posts: 119
http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/upset_over_guild_wars_2_cash_shop_leak.html

I read most of the article going in with sincere interest considering the headline but it did not take me long to conclude that they were just hyping it for clicks.

First of all , i had seen these screenshots long ago already so what is with all the interesting wording here?

The boosts in GW2 only affect PvE (as far as i know correct me if i am wrong please)

Everything can be bought with in game gold and most items can be looted (AFAIK)

Then the comment about the megaphone and how it makes you pay to chat in global as they say. afaik it only allows 'shouts' to me that is not the same as global.

So how do they reason that those PvE boosts that help people level faster in PVE to be P2W ? or scandalous in anyway ?

I skimmed over the rest but it seems to me they rather see the game have a sub instead if they cannot tollerate the shop as is but thats just me. Maybe they made a few good points that i missed because of it i dont know but right from the start of the article i already did not expect much objectivity tbh.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    This is old stuff, the megaphone has been removed months ago

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

This is super out of date.  This is from march, you know.

Some of the stuff they listed haven't even been in the cash shop at any point in time it was playable by the public.  (Like the megaphone)

It's quite a bit different from what's shown there.

Also, the article writer strikes me as coming across as whining, but hey, whatever. :)

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    MMOsite is awful. I don't get it, do they have editors or do they let anyone write? Seems like the latter
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

What i read in that article:

Upset Over Guild Wars 2 Cash Shop Leak

By: End_Break_Fomar 

blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablavvvvvvvvv *comment were he thinks hes funny* blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla *more facts which arent right*

blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

Post a Comment

but yeah.. its to old to give any judgement
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Not only is this way old, but you can now get most of those ingame for free now.
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Well, about the "freshness" of screenshots i wont repeat others before me.

I'd like to add that MMOsite became but a shadow of former selves. They got boring articles and community there is at level of HoN players at its peak hours.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by Xten
    http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/upset_over_guild_wars_2_cash_shop_leak.html

I read most of the article going in with sincere interest considering the headline but it did not take me long to conclude that they were just hyping it for clicks.

First of all , i had seen these screenshots long ago already so what is with all the interesting wording here?

The boosts in GW2 only affect PvE (as far as i know correct me if i am wrong please)

Everything can be bought with in game gold and most items can be looted (AFAIK)

Then the comment about the megaphone and how it makes you pay to chat in global as they say. afaik it only allows 'shouts' to me that is not the same as global.

So how do they reason that those PvE boosts that help people level faster in PVE to be P2W ? or scandalous in anyway ?

I skimmed over the rest but it seems to me they rather see the game have a sub instead if they cannot tollerate the shop as is but thats just me. Maybe they made a few good points that i missed because of it i dont know but right from the start of the article i already did not expect much objectivity tbh.

posted at Mar 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Sigh.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

much more up to date look at the gem store.

Boosts are pve only as well.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    rofl it's still got the megaphone. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119

Thanks derros !

I see now that the article itself is already old, sorry i dont have the habbit of looking at articles date at first. I got this linked to me from a friend who atm is sort of fanboying TWS for some reason, i have so far never seen him fanboy anything really but i guess there is a first time for everything.

this is where it comes from originally http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=54985

• babacbabac Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Heh funny, I always thought that mmosite is being run by chinese gold sellers.
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

Thanks derros !

I see now that the article itself is already old, sorry i dont have the habbit of looking at articles date at first. I got this linked to me from a friend who atm is sort of fanboying TWS for some reason, i have so far never seen him fanboy anything really but i guess there is a first time for everything.

this is where it comes from originally http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=54985

Oh thank Kormir not every TSW fan is as petty and bitter as the op of that thread.

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by otacu

Thanks derros !

Oh thank Kormir not every TSW fan is as petty and bitter as the op of that thread.

There are a few regular die hards there but in general they are quit level headed and informed in those forums. Its just that those fangrls are always so loud.