Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: A Sneak Peek Into the Future

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware and the Star Wars: The Old Republic team have released a sneak peek into the game's future during this week's Gamescom. There will be new Operations, new Warzones, new custom items, the new playable Cathar race and more. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Should we queue up the "should have been in at launch" crowd, or the "too little, too late" crowd.

Honestly, I'm suprised there is anything coming out in the wake of the f2p announcement. I figured everything new would happen after the conversion.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    I really won't be interested in this game again until they release the JTLS expansionimage
  • ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    JTLS???????????

Just my 2 cents...

• NilahNilah Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Jump To Light Speed?

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I bought the collectors edition but im not interested in their free to steal u model.I prefere gw 2 b2p model wich is more versatile and gives u more content without the need to pay for additional content except expansions.I f they had done the same with swtor it would be a different story but for this free as they call it crap transformation im more than discouraged to try this out again.

Besides we will have gw2 b2p mmo so why should i bother to play swtor when i know ill have to pay extra.

I think some guys/devs have not realised yet that free to play and all that crap models soon will end and only b2p models will exitst after gw2 comes out.

Thumbs up arenanet

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

jtls=jump to light speed starwars galaxies space expansion

and besides its easy to say that its gonna have feature x or y in the future thats not important the more important thing is for them to show what will they add now not in 5 or 6 months or longer :)

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    The thing I like about this game is I can shoot people with a blaster rifle, the thing that kills me is that I have to use a big stupid clunky cannon,
  • MuratReisMuratReis Member UncommonPosts: 73
    There was nothing interesting in that video. The devs need to fix what is wrong and not do the same boring things over and over...
  • buffalofbibuffalofbi Member UncommonPosts: 9
    GW2 will eat u!
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Cathar's, really?....

/facepalm

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Future?  They did the same mistake as Age of Conan , releasing the cool stuff way after release.  

SWTOR future is like AoC , a dead game , the end. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Yeah, they really need to add a space expansion and remove that silly crap on rails they have.  The lack of spaceflight, beyond some dumb arcade junk, completely nixxed the game for me.  Until they grasp that fact, they are just spinning their wheels and going nowhere.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

hm... more gear grind and a new opportunity to re-roll.  Thanks, but no thanks.  This still does not address the flaws for my mates and I.  Glad to see they are continuing to support the game, just not in ways that will encourage me back.  Good news for those who like it though!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by vmoped

hm... more gear grind and a new opportunity to re-roll.  Thanks, but no thanks.  This still does not address the flaws for my mates and I.  Glad to see they are continuing to support the game, just not in ways that will encourage me back.  Good news for those who like it though!

Cheers!

^

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Bioware and the Star Wars: The Old Republic team have released a sneak peek into the game's future during this week's Gamescom. There will be new Operations, new Warzones, new custom items, the new playable Cathar race and more. Check it out!

Correct me if I am wrong here but didn't Bioware already announced this about 2 months back? And isn't it just one Operation, one Warzone (not plural)?

As to the video, it looks fine but that is the problem with video previews of anything....they can edit them to look exciting. What they don't show, in this case, is that once you have done the 5 extra levels and the new planet (Makeb), done the Operation that week and if you don't like PvP....you have nothing much to do. Going "f2p" won't fix that. And this update doesn't do anything to address that.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    if only the graphics were as good as shown in this trailer :P
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    I thought they said they were going to "massively change space combat just after launch"? Still waiting. I would have played it for longer had the combat been better, and had they allowed PVP space combat. A shame really.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Bozo the Cathar is the best... dude. A human with pointly ears and big eyes... What a shame for Star Wars. 
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    why is this in general shouldn't it be under the game general forum folder?
  • KtaraKtara Member Posts: 37

This is the first time I've ever agreed with all the posters above me :)  I'm in the "too little too late" camp.  And is it just me or is the Cathar just a human with facepaint?  I can do that in real life if I wanted to. 

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

They still just don't get it.

They continue to create content that will be redundant. This is like an adding in another battleground. How many times can people play the same garbage without wanted to hurl. Almost eveyrone has done that in WoW and will tire of it in any game post-WoW.

People cry for player-driven content or at least some meaningful social abilities, e.g., creating a few blank planets for player-made cities and rival cities etc.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

HAHHAHA the people boasting about GW2,  funny stuff  GW does not give updates like new content UNLESS you pay, SWTOR has given many, many updates with the monthly fee...

So once your out of content in GW2, I CAN see it now!! GW2 sucks, OMG, wah!!  You people on this forum make me laugh how much you cry about games, get a new hobby if youc an't afford to play.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

double post

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

HAHHAHA the people boasting about GW2,  funny stuff  GW does not give updates like new content UNLESS you pay, SWTOR has given many, many updates with the monthly fee...

Yes yes yes...many many many updates...

like the massive killer content update that allowed people to...move a UI window!

or the update that blew the genre out of the water with its killer ability to marry a human to a Twi'lek that gives birth to a Sith!

so many updates to boast about that explains the reason for paying $15 a month!

The game is going F2P for a REASON...deal with the reality that the game SUCKS and isnt worth paying for.

• AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Can we get our Star Wars galaxies back now,please? This game has the same number of players we had at 2005 so... why not? I'm sure sony will be really pleased in sell the code to LA for a few dollars. They really need it.