Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guild web page

nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

i wanted to know what you guys think of my guild web page. Any ideas about what i should add to it? i want to keep it simple but still look nice and i know you guys will be honest.Short Bus Soldiers

Comments

• LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Haha Love the name . Looks good though
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

I thought my monitor got a sudden case of fleas....

WTH is with those...those dots? Is it a "MOAR DOTS" joke?

Anyways...

VALUAAAAAAAAAAAA!! This guy is being insentive to the mentally disabled!!!

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Before I give a critical review...do you have a paid sub for the site or is it in trial still? If you have a paid I can give you a nice css code to lock that nice background so you don't get repeating.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

"You know when you've been tangoed"

http://youtu.be/K042CaAXSZ8

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

i am a paid sub to it. was waiting for game to get closer to release before getting it up and running. yea we wanna have fun and not take our selfs to serious.
    and hell yea i will take all the help i can get im kinda new at this but wanted to start our own guild so we can get ppl we like and weed out the ones we dont. plus i cant stand drama

why was this post moved to guild recruitment. i was asking about website not saying EVERYONE join meeeeeee

anyone else have feedback about the site?

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

It is terrible.

Generic

Lots of crap on the page that is useless 

I dont know what you are .. a guild , which game ?   

It is just pants man.

Start with a pievce of paper and ask yourself what your guild is going to be.. how big, what activities, what you have to offer others dont .. etc ...

Then design a website that supports those obbjectives, noit some generic mish mash of pap you think looks cool.

There i added game name to header happy? but seems like your trying to troll so i wont really pay you any mind. but during your trolling if you come up with anymore good ideas feel free to let me know.

Originally posted by DrDwarf
    It is terrible. Generic Lots of crap on the page that is useless  I dont know what you are .. a guild , which game ?    It is just pants man. Start with a pievce of paper and ask yourself what your guild is going to be.. how big, what activities, what you have to offer others dont .. etc ...Then design a website that supports those obbjectives, noit some generic mish mash of pap you think looks cool.     

Your website is rubbish.

You asked for an opinion and I gave an honest one with some suggestion on how you should go about improving it.

Have you gotten that blank piece of  paper and written your guild objectives on it yet ?

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

Unattractive.

Looks childish/teenturd oriented

Orange/Brown is overused, looks boring

Page does not lead reader's eyes anywhere

Content on it is eye pollution for the most part

It is clear that it is for GW2

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

most guild names have been used many times over. i have seen so many diffrent "redemption" "legacy" "epeen" etc etc guilds that were not affiliated with each other. but as far as i have seen we are the first for gw2 that i have seen.

i didnt know orange and brown were so over used almost every guild web site i have seen is red, blue, or black.

and for the guy who said that there is no info about us. when you search enjin for guilds you pick what game, casual/hardcore, 18+, etc you get the picture. on there i posted info about us "what we are all about" and what "activities" we want to do.

• nasum31nasum31 Member Posts: 4

Who gives a shit if the colors he chose are "over used" ? What do you expect him to do? Eat a bag of skittles and take a shit on the page in hopes he comes up with a NEW and IMPROVED color scheme? Seriously. Stop knit picking on things that makes no difference if it is a good guild. The name is funny. SO what if it's been used before. Most names have been at some point. If it to insensitive for ya then maybe it is hitting a little to close to home? Dee dee dee.... 

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    2 words = Burnt Orange! I'm color blind, lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Lol "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!" 
  • JHoersten2JHoersten2 Member UncommonPosts: 125

Looks like a copy/paste of every other hosted guild website to be honest.

Most guild websites are though, what can ya do?

Holler.

Well they kinda limit what you can do within their rules. But for 8$ a month plus comes with mumble server can't complain.

Originally posted by nephren25

Well they kinda limit what you can do within their rules. But for 8$ a month plus comes with mumble server can't complain.

You don't buy a bike when you want a car and then tell your potential passengers it isnt your fault that the bike isnt a car.

$8 per month ... they saw you coming.   

Originally posted by nasum31

Who gives a shit if the colors he chose are "over used" ? What do you expect him to do? Eat a bag of skittles and take a shit on the page in hopes he comes up with a NEW and IMPROVED color scheme? Seriously. Stop knit picking on things that makes no difference if it is a good guild. The name is funny. SO what if it's been used before. Most names have been at some point. If it to insensitive for ya then maybe it is hitting a little to close to home? Dee dee dee.... 

There are such things as good and bad design.

There are things that are fit for purpose and those that are not ...

Has the OP posted his guild objectives/aims/strategy yet  ?

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

Poor guy. A lesson to learn.  Never post anything you want to be critiqued. Build, webpage, stories, code, etc.  

Even if they are trying to be "helpful" it generally never comes out that way.

I do agree the page has a bit much going on, but that is my only critique and an easy to fix one.

Originally posted by KillHurt

Poor guy. A lesson to learn.  Never post anything you want to be critiqued. Build, webpage, stories, code, etc.  

Even if they are trying to be "helpful" it generally never comes out that way.

I do agree the page has a bit much going on, but that is my only critique and an easy to fix one.

He is only "poor"  becasue he is naive/ignorant/uneducated not because people are trying to help him to learn to be better.

He is respeonsible for the way his brain processes and uses the information others are providing.    

I'm using Shivtr.com, which also has "premium" options...

Except I'm not paying for them.  I'm just using the free with my own $3 domain name.

http://restinpieces.us

ok DrDouche if you would read post i said it has that info on enjin when you search for it. seems like you have a hard on for me not really sure why. and wtf are you even talking about a fucking bike and a car. i wanted a guild web site(car im guessing) i got a guild web site so your stupid ass comment makes no sense. main reason i got it cause it comes with a mumble server. so for a few bucks extra i get a website too. sounds like a deal to me. Wait i think i figured it out why your acting like such a little bitch i bet your family is full of retards and thats why your so butt hurt about it. i cant stand little faggots like you run your mouth over the internet but in real life i bet your keep your gay little mouth shut like a good little bitch. so somone dont beat your ass. ok done with you now.

wow JHoersten2 not bad cheaper then mine oh well live and learn i guess.

killhurt yea i know man but i did get some helpful info just 1 person being a douche really this time.

Originally posted by nephren25

ok DrDouche if you would read post i said it has that info on enjin when you search for it. seems like you have a hard on for me not really sure why. and wtf are you even talking about a fucking bike and a car. i wanted a guild web site(car im guessing) i got a guild web site so your stupid ass comment makes no sense. main reason i got it cause it comes with a mumble server. so for a few bucks extra i get a website too. sounds like a deal to me. Wait i think i figured it out why your acting like such a little bitch i bet your family is full of retards and thats why your so butt hurt about it. i cant stand little faggots like you run your mouth over the internet but in real life i bet your keep your gay little mouth shut like a good little bitch. so somone dont beat your ass. ok done with you now.

wow JHoersten2 not bad cheaper then mine oh well live and learn i guess.

killhurt yea i know man but i did get some helpful info just 1 person being a douche really this time.

It makes no sense to YOU.

Have you produced that short list of your guilds objectives yet ?

There are some "gay" guilds with better websites than yours.

Why are you looking at "gay" websites? and what does being gay have anything to do with having a nice site? Why would you post your strategies for the world to see? As far as the rest goes...he has all ready said on there that he is a casual guild that is just looking for ppl that are laid back to have fun with in the game to help each other out with what ever. No drama. Simple. 

I don't see why that is so hard to understand.