Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] The Farstar Alliance - A Community for Mature Gamers

The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

The Farstar Alliance is a guild where older MMORPG players can find a place to call home.

Where characters can group together, be it for PvE or PvP, without someone screaming at them that they broke the latest strategy, or they had to log out in the middle of things because the baby is crying.

Where people new to the game can ask questions, without being made to feel silly or like they are bothering the “Elite”.

Where the overriding sentiment is a willingness to help others, whether that's with quests, advice or crafting them some better kit, and where people who enjoy roleplaying their way through the game's content can do so without fear of being ridiculed (you want to watch all the cinematics and read all the quest dialog - you do it).

And above all, since a video game is not (and should not be) a second job, we want the guild to be a place where people play to have fun, and play only as long as they are still enjoying it.

If you are:

> Friendly
> A casual gamer
> An adult gamer with responsibilities
> Playing for fun
> Enjoying to help others
> Enjoy the occasional dungeon run
> Like to work out how to do things, sometimes the hard way
> Enjoy a mature 'adult' ambiance, along with a bit of light hearted banter

Then The Farstar Alliance is a guild you may like to join.

Who we are:

The Farstar Alliance was formed by the merger of four guilds in Star Wars: The Old Republic. We were already in contact in the game, and the four leaders decided to regroup to form a single, bigger guild, so that everybody would have an opportunity to experience the group content with likeminded players. Since a lot of our members gave Guild Wars 2 a try during the beta week ends, and many enjoyed the game thoroughtly, we naturally openened a chapter of our guild in that new game. The MMO history of our members goes back up to the early hours of Ultima Online.

How to join us:

Head to our recruitment forum (read the stickies before posting!): http://farstarguild.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Respect, walk, what did you say?
Respect, walk
Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
- PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
Yes, they are back !

Comments

• Xin1Xin1 Member Posts: 34

I can really recommend this nice community!

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

You can also contact me here via PM or in the thread if you have trouble registering on our guild site of course :)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

Only a few weeks to go now and we need YOU!

We aren't Uncle Sam though - but yeah, we need you!
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• EldelasEldelas Member UncommonPosts: 34
    A Good community from my time with them in SW:ToR and some members in LotRO for a few years. Looking forward to joining up again in GW2
  • NoctonNocton Member Posts: 8

I have the good fortune to be part of this excellent and fun, community.

We, are looking forward to playing, Guild Wars 2 and would very much like to share our first steps into the exciting world of Tyria with mature, relaxed and fun loving adventurers. 

Welcome to TFA Saelanna. We hope you enjoy your time with us!
    Our door is still open, for those seeking a place to call home and to share adventure with us in Tyria.

So, if you enjoy exploring with others and  finding off the beaten track places, like the dark spooky cave you know you shouldn't go into, but really can't resist exploring and enter the dark spooky cave anyway. 

Then, The Farstar Alliance could be the guild for you :)

Welcome to our newest recruite  "Baldie"
    A warm welcome for our new member Randomlampy !

Also, a warm welcome to Taith. Sorry, should have mentioned that a few days ago.................
    Welcome to Ohpower, who joined us today!
    Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

Apologies to all. Our website is currently down this morning.  Our forums have been pretty busy these past few days, so I fear we are the victims of our own success and have exceeded our bandwidth limit. Service will be restored as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please contact us via this thread or pm on this site.

Our website is now up and running again :)

So if you desire to visit our home, please feel to do so :)

Welcome to our newest member Athreus!

A big welcome to Faramir!

Keep sending us these great applications !!!

The stress tests last weekend were good fun. We had lots of members online but we still need more. We're determined to have one of the most successful guilds on our EU server. If you are looking for a guild for mature gamers, you need look no further than TFA.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Xin1 A big welcome to Faramir!
    Funny to see an old LotRo kinny there ;)

Added mine as well!

Welcome to our latest batch of recruits

Inali, Athreus, Demigoth, Maliosi and other Half, Saloon12yrd and Tremayne

Originally posted by Reizla

Originally posted by Xin1 A big welcome to Faramir!
    Funny to see an old LotRo kinny there ;)

Added mine as well!

There's a lot of LotRO players joining us but also ex SWTOR and WoW players too. I'm a LotRO player on Snowbourn  but not under this name. It's one I used to use back in the day when I played a lot of FPS shooters but it's not really appropriate for games like LotRO or GW2.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Dropping my line as soon as registration for your website is approved. This is exactly the kind of group I was looking for and after browsing through your other applicants on your site, I feel I would fit in nicely.

I may apear sligthly...grumpy, if one would read my post history on mmorpg. Closer inspection will however reveal that I reserve thse grumpy feelings towards people who do their best to be negative, hatefull, full of themselves etc. We all have flaws, I guess mine is not being able to ignore those kinds of people ;)

I didn't realise you had to register to make an application but the guy who does the approvals for that checks the website every morning so you should be registered within the next couple of hours or so.

Look forward to seeing your application. We're not that strict. We play for fun. As long as you come across as a mature, sociable type of person, you'll be admitted on a trial basis and then we can make sure you like us and we like you before making you a full member soon after.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by reaperuk

I didn't realise you had to register to make an application but the guy who does the approvals for that checks the website every morning so you should be registered within the next couple of hours or so.

Look forward to seeing your application. We're not that strict. We play for fun. As long as you come across as a mature, sociable type of person, you'll be admitted on a trial basis and then we can make sure you like us and we like you before making you a full member soon after.

Allright, sounds good. I am not in a rush :) I wont even be getting in untill the 27th due to my order. But, more on that and other things in my app to come.

Welcome Boldyn
This discussion has been closed.