Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did you quit this game?

Comments

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Worstluck

I've already gotten to the point, after two weeks, where I am considering not subbing after the first month.  It's unfortunate too, because up until Transylvania I loved the game.  Now that I am near end game I am sort of disappointed to realize that the game offers nothing new for me.  It's bascially a gear grind for purples that involves doing dungeons over and over again.  The same thing I have done since 2001.  I had some time off from work the past two weeks due to holidays/vacation etc, so I guess I just blew through the content I enjoy too fast.

The story is fantastic, I love 95% of the missions.  Hell I am even an odd one that actually likes the combat and isn't bothered by the animations.  However...once you do the missions, the story--I am having trouble finding any motivation to go do them again.  The crafting is pretty worthless, pvp just isn't cutting it for me.  So I guess grind for gear?  No thanks.  I guess these types of games just aren't for me anymore.  I miss games where it would take months for me to even see the end..or better yet, not have end.  I should know better by now, but the story and atmoshphere of this game just drew me in.

I am not giving up on this game yet.  I was planning to at least play until late August (you know when).  Not sure if I will make it though.  I don't blame the developers for making the game, it's my fault for thinking I would enjoy gear grinding again.

This is more or less what im feeling, but then again im getting older and i have probably played to much MMO's over the years. Pvp in this game is uninspired. I was hopefull it could copy DAOC pvp but its just stupid BG pvp.

The only challanges i can find in MMO's that can keep my attention is char progression with pvp in mind, and a FFA PvP environment were guild fights over land and resources etc. This game has nothing but pve content and im not a PvE gear grinder either....so i cant see its going to hold my attention much longer. That said, its worth its money just to play through the story.

Im in Egypt so far, and i liked the story, maybe to much darkness overall...dont get me wrong i understand the setting, i just like the sun to pop out now and then ;)

All in all a good game so far, and to all you GW2 fanbois out there, i dont think that will hold my attension long either.

Think ill wait for Darkfall II... like all other PvP oldtimers out there.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Worstluck

I've already gotten to the point, after two weeks, where I am considering not subbing after the first month.  It's unfortunate too, because up until Transylvania I loved the game.  Now that I am near end game I am sort of disappointed to realize that the game offers nothing new for me.  It's bascially a gear grind for purples that involves doing dungeons over and over again.  The same thing I have done since 2001.  I had some time off from work the past two weeks due to holidays/vacation etc, so I guess I just blew through the content I enjoy too fast.

The story is fantastic, I love 95% of the missions.  Hell I am even an odd one that actually likes the combat and isn't bothered by the animations.  However...once you do the missions, the story--I am having trouble finding any motivation to go do them again.  The crafting is pretty worthless, pvp just isn't cutting it for me.  So I guess grind for gear?  No thanks.  I guess these types of games just aren't for me anymore.  I miss games where it would take months for me to even see the end..or better yet, not have end.  I should know better by now, but the story and atmoshphere of this game just drew me in.

I am not giving up on this game yet.  I was planning to at least play until late August (you know when).  Not sure if I will make it though.  I don't blame the developers for making the game, it's my fault for thinking I would enjoy gear grinding again.

Well said.  I found myself in this situation after two weeks as well.  Haven't felt the desire to log in since then- what's the point? There is no exciting and engaging story left, and the TSW gear progression is pretty terribly designed and unable to hold my attention.  No quality upgrades during the last three zones of content (only sidegrades), finish the story, now you can grind elites for blues and nightmares for purples...where have I seen this novel system before?

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Gargola
    Originally posted by dancingstar
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by StarI

Lol people quiting left and right already?

No, just some trying to imply such. They've just had to add another server.

If you read through the whole thread, you'll see that there are actually 6 people who claim to have left the game already. The vast majority of posts is from people that are saying they HAVEN'T left the game, hehe

Of course, by making the title of the thread "Why did you quit this game ?", the OP can now say that the "leaving thread on TSW forums" is already 13 pages long !

It's the oldest trick in the book. Along the lines of: "Have you stopped beating your wife yet ?". You may only answer "yes" or "no"....

If you have been reading the TSW forums for a month or more, you will also notice that 4 of these 6 alleged "leavers" have been some of the most negative posters since closed beta days. Why they actually bought and played TSW (if they ever did) is a mystery to me.

This is nothing, check out this thread from the official forums:

I am leaving this game.

(owing to some glitch when the old forums were archived, the first ~600 posts in the thread are duplicated).

If you actually read the thread you'll notice it is a mocking thread, created long before the game even announced any release date (the thread started in 2010) by someone that actually likes the game (after playing it) and that liked the concept back then.

It's a big joke thread.  I even think i participated claiming i was leaving due to the lack of real-world advertising, or something like that.

I did read it, my linking to it was largely in order to mock the present thread.  I assumed it would have been patently obvious to anyone reading even the first page that it was a parody / joke.

• The_ArgoThe_Argo Member UncommonPosts: 15

I quit for a few reasons:

1. The combat did not really appeal to me, I really liked the idea of making your own spec and that you can in the end unlock every skill. But the feel of combat seemed dull. 

2. Too many annoying "atmospheric" graphics. There were points in the game, in Blue Mountin where I literally could not see anything because it was either foggy or there was "filth" on my screen.

3. I really struggled to find a Cabal I liked, probably my own fault but it was a draw back on the game for me. 

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Baddogbill

Ive quit playing after two weeks myself ...just not interested in running around looking for quests (just doesn't cut it anymore for me).

exactly...

One of the main reasons why I've stayed away from TSW. If it was F2P or even B2P I would consider playing it, but I just don't think TSW is worth monthly subs; just my two cents.

• meredienmeredien Member UncommonPosts: 18

TSW must be like the only MMO ive really stayed away from due to people's input about bugs etc and "booring combat"..

then again some say the world is really immersive so maybe ill give it a try next weekend when its f2p just to scratch my itch for GW2.

Off-topic, some people in this thread mentioned DE's in GW2 doesent need any real commitment to get the same rewards as others, I just have to say that may be true lvl 1-15 (tutorial zones) and on events that might not be tuned right yet for huge masses of people but come lvl 20+ there are some damn hard events, dont wanna spoil anything but if anyone played the fire elemental event last BWE they know what I mean ;D

Someone even said that the world in GW2 was bland and unimmersive, what game where you playing? (you have the right to have that oppionion just dont know what you are comparing it too)

Hopefully people find a good and meaningful MMO to stick with, be that WOW, RIFT, TSW or GW2 (for example) come launch I would hope people could stop bashing others for playing another game, its just so damn childish, but im guessing there are alot more trolls on this forum than maybe we would like to think.

I just know Im tired of the gear threadmill in other MMO's and will gladly spend my time in GW2 exploring, crafting, pvping, www:ing, puzzlejumping etc ;D (all with the ability to jump in anytime on any toon helping my friends and still getting something out of it, breath of fresh air is an understatement)

Ps. havent had this amount of fun playing with others since maybe Daoc or early wow vanilla, and Ive played almost every "new" MMO that have hit the market come the last 10 years.

• RaassRaass Member UncommonPosts: 24

Its not complete, hell man chat don't work well. The bag sucks. I'm done but would ome back if a few things where finished in the game. Some people seem elitist in this game. Hell the game at endgame is elitist. You can play upto a point and then if you dont have purge, owell you cant get past the Gatekeeper, re spec. F that. I played for weeks and I dont get tested on my skills in what got me to the gatekeeper, well F U , EA. I'll respec, my CC to support this game. bye!!!!

• rusrecrusrec Member UncommonPosts: 52

Still playing....

No time to talk, gotta log back in.  Have a nice day

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Not only secret world but every game that is badly optimized i quit in the first month

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

didnt quit, its like reading a good book

• OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78

I just quit because I have played too much and NM farming is becoming soo boring already... also because they charged me 15 euros for this new month when I didn't even allow them which... pissed me off real bad :p

End game is just fusang - grab black tokens, then spend ur day doing stonehenge group and NM/SH farm... boring after one week and a half of just that ^^

Edit: and also the bugs like ... losing SP randomly, bugged quests, imbalance, bugged instances bosses... I know it is still very young but GM no being able to help with bugged intance was just very very annoying !

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Why did I quit? Dull, Boring and Repetitive 
  • EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Id quit but Im lifetime so Im hoping for f2p to get something from my worthless lifetime sub

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    Did not quit. Still playing. Having fun in Egypt right now.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I am not sure yet, I ll  quite TSW after   ccp done World Of Darkness ...

in any case, if  I ever  leave awesome mmorpg TSW I ll change my avatar

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by Zefire

Not only secret world but every game that is badly optimized i quit in the first month

your computer is badly optimized lol, i play everything max inside the warzone and on my notebook.

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430
    Originally posted by Otashi

I just quit because I have played too much and NM farming is becoming soo boring already... also because they charged me 15 euros for this new month when I didn't even allow them which... pissed me off real bad :p

End game is just fusang - grab black tokens, then spend ur day doing stonehenge group and NM/SH farm... boring after one week and a half of just that ^^

Edit: and also the bugs like ... losing SP randomly, bugged quests, imbalance, bugged instances bosses... I know it is still very young but GM no being able to help with bugged intance was just very very annoying !

did you try the lairs, getting the lair puzzle pieces and sumoning lair bosses? getting the regional puzzle pieces from lais bosses and sumoning a regional boss.

also on the 28th in this month, there is going to be lair quests and unique raid puzzles from regional bosses... and rocket launchers!

• SoulairousSoulairous Member Posts: 3

As soon as I can get GW2 downloaded and running (crossing fingers) I cannot wait to cancel my sub to TSW.

I have never been so frustrated with an MMO.  Mashing the same buttons over and over again just isn't my style of play and I readily admit it.  Maybe if there were a variety of buttons to mash, I could sustain the banality of it.   Admittedly I guess I am not very good at the game.  I have never died so many times in any other MMO, so it's got to be me, but that in itself is enough to say enough.   I like the atmosphere,  I like that it isn't your every day dungeons and dragons MMO.  But to work your arse off trying your best to kill mobs that have double your HP is just too frigging hard to do day after day.   I do admit that I have been hanging in there, playing the game for something to do waiting for GW2.  So that part is my fault.  Addcited gamer here.  But I am definitely done with TSW, no matter what. 

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

I haven't quit yet and probably never really will being a lifer, but right now I am finding GW2 to be more enjoyable. TSW's endgame is not really that great and the NM dungeon grind is a very poor fitting for the game. The PvP leaves something to be desired as well; Fusang is decent but can't compare to the scope of WvW. Also please don't take me for a GW2 fanboy, I gots me a lifetime for TSW and I could not stand GW1, but the endgame gear grind is complete letdown. I guess I'm not sure what kind of endgame I was expecting, but it was not the gear grind forumla.

Really it's the content updates that will keep me coming back to TSW. But I don't see TSW being anything other than a niche game with a small subscriber base.

THey really do need to add a couple/few more slots that are not soley for auxiliary weapons.

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

nm

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Soulairous

As soon as I can get GW2 downloaded and running (crossing fingers) I cannot wait to cancel my sub to TSW.

I have never been so frustrated with an MMO.  Mashing the same buttons over and over again just isn't my style of play and I readily admit it.  Maybe if there were a variety of buttons to mash, I could sustain the banality of it.   Admittedly I guess I am not very good at the game.  I have never died so many times in any other MMO, so it's got to be me, but that in itself is enough to say enough.   I like the atmosphere,  I like that it isn't your every day dungeons and dragons MMO.  But to work your arse off trying your best to kill mobs that have double your HP is just too frigging hard to do day after day.   I do admit that I have been hanging in there, playing the game for something to do waiting for GW2.  So that part is my fault.  Addcited gamer here.  But I am definitely done with TSW, no matter what. 

Quite humorous, since GW2's combat system is the greater key mashing fest.

As for the topic, I've not quit and neither have any of my friends.   Looking forward to the update this week, and am currrently playing it alongside GW2.

• Ahremel555Ahremel555 Member UncommonPosts: 4

My brother and I cancelled our accounts today.

Primary reason? Broken quests, broken game mechanics, frequent lockups and other graphic/game issues.

Skils that are totally useless.  Elite skills that are totally useless.  In fact, for all the vaunted "unlimited" choices, in reality there are only a few skills that matter and, in the end, you have to have those skills to survive.  For example, since my brother and I frequently ran together, I created a Blood/Chaos build for healing and some DPS while he went Tank/DPS with his character.  However, whenever we hit a "solo" dungeon, he would usually breeze right through it while I usually died.  And do you know what kind of advice I received?  "Learn different skills and/or weapons and you can solo no problem".

Of course I could do that.  But that means is that you can't "think outside the box" and play the game.  Once again you are forced to pick skills that you would not normally use just to complete the content.  So much for diversity.

This is the third Funcom game that I've purchased and probably the last.  I think it is a good thing that they are dropping out of the MMORP genre, since none of their efforts have been worth playing.   My brother and I had high hopes for this game, but it only took us four months to realize our error.

I would have posted this on the official Forum, but I was banned for 6 months for making negative comments about the game.  If the game was better maybe there wouldn't be so many negative posts.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    If I had the money to continue playing, I would have.  I am one of the few that really like this game but had to stop playing fur to financial reasons.  I do hope to one day be able to afford to come back.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Don't like grinding dungeons

They decided to work on a raid, I'm avoiding games with raids

I like pvp.

That said was fun levelling, the dungeons are good, but all dungeons are boring after 2 or 3 runs to me, the soundtrack is excellent and it brought a really nice idea with the multi stage 20 - 30 min quests, where you can only hold one.

Future pve themepark mmos should do a mixture of tsws one big quest idea, gw2s dynamic event chains, rifts / tabular rasas invasion events and daoc / eqs open dungeons.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I would say tsw is badly optimised.

Aoc was badly optimised
    Swtor Is badly optimised.

I mean compare to swtor, tsw looks better and has higher fps and can handle way more players on screen.

Even I compare to gw2, sure my framerate are higher and it handles slightly bigger crowds, but then I look at stuff like the flat painted low res ground textures and think graphics vs fps they are about the same.
This discussion has been closed.