Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's just admit it...

Comments

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Airhead80

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

Ita only a matter of time! 

i feel sorry for you buddy, not cause of the way you think and act, but for the results of these actions on you ...

Originally posted by daltanious

ad 6: well, lfg influenced this; all game soloable to max level; LOVE this; btw, for socializing go out of house away from keyboard with your real life friends; socializing in game can be fun, but for sure is not something I'm (and any should) looking forward

ad 7: nope, 50 here and I do not agree; it is just right; of course if you start new expansion full epic is YOUR problem, not of game; if it would not be so, players that do not raid or buy gold to buy ful epic equipment would not be able at all to play.

propably you dont like the core of MMOs (you know socializing through gaming) ..!

but anyway if this is the attitude of WoW players, well ok ..!

• PraedatorisPraedatoris Member Posts: 10
    I wonder how many more subs WoW will lose in the next few months.  As for me, I have no interest in MoP, and I would have already canceled my sub, except that I made the mistake last October of agreeing to the year long sub in order to get D3 for free.  I'm no longer playing that crappy game, but I can't cancel my WoW sub for a couple more months because of it.
  • DunworthDunworth Member UncommonPosts: 29
    It was great in it's day, But it's day is done.
  • Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Dunworth
    It was great in it's day, But it's day is done.

Exactly.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by loulaki
    Originally posted by daltanious

ad 6: well, lfg influenced this; all game soloable to max level; LOVE this; btw, for socializing go out of house away from keyboard with your real life friends; socializing in game can be fun, but for sure is not something I'm (and any should) looking forward

ad 7: nope, 50 here and I do not agree; it is just right; of course if you start new expansion full epic is YOUR problem, not of game; if it would not be so, players that do not raid or buy gold to buy ful epic equipment would not be able at all to play.

propably you dont like the core of MMOs (you know socializing through gaming) ..!

but anyway if this is the attitude of WoW players, well ok ..!

Well this "core" of mmos is your invention, not fact. MMo simply mean many many players at once in same realm. What they do is their business. 

About the rest .... I have and still do socialize a lot ... but far from computer keyboard and with real life friends.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

I'm downloading the 3-Day Secret World trial at the moment and Alganon for some reason.

I would enjoyed being able to to play WOW but after the shiftest of Cataclysm, talent changes and panda-humanoids absurdity I can't continue to do so with a clear conscience.

They've turned it into a joke of what it once was and once you jump the shark as they have there is no coming down.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by monarc333

I used to think that way, and for a while it was true. But after Cata, WoW just lost something special that I had grew attached too. I haven't logged in, in over a year. Havent payed attention to any Panda news, and havent visited mmo champ in a long time. And I played WoW since '04. I think the addiction is finally broken.

But its about to be replaced with GW2...

But you're still reading and posting on a WoW forum - see, you really can't let go lol.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Vorch

Over 1 million people since 2011 would have to disagree with you, OP. They don't appear to be coming back...

WoW won't die, but Activision has gotten it's talons into Blizzard...it's now a cash cow instead of a game designed by gamers for gamers.

Im one of those 1 million coming back and there are plenty more coming back with me.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

did i THINK about it?  heck ya, i thought about it.

but i am pretty sure WoW is gone from my HD forever.

if i want to play a WoW type game i'd honestly rather give my money to trion or to turbine, for rift or for LotRO.

if i want to just play a different game entirely i'll play eve (i am, currently playing eve) and GW2 both are quite the change from WoW.

the only thing making me think about WoW is the old friends.  i do have folks i have grown to love over the years who still play.   but i know i will just simply get to max, then raid, then do the same rait til i get gear to do a different raid, then raid, then get gear to do the NEXT raid, then raid... ad infinitum and that's when i logon to my eve account.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I have no desire for WoW or MoP since I left. I don't see that changing.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Admit what?  As soon as I had a chance to level one toon to 85, I uninstalled.  I have 5 level 80s just sitting around.

There are two eras of WOW:  pre-Cata and post-Cata.  Only the pre-Cata era was any good, at all.  MOP = more of Cata.  By all accounts, it is everything Cata did, and more of it.  So, you ask me to admit something?  Admit what?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Man, you guys are cold!

I won't be drawn back to WoW, but I do feel just that little tug on my consciousness every time I see a story about MoP.  It's small, I can ignore it, but it IS there!

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by sammandar

... We will never break the habit. No matter how much you try to convince yourself that you wont resub, you will. Curiousity will get the better of you, you will want to see first-hand what MOP is about. Love it or hate it. Without a doubt, WoW is the most popular fallback MMO and most of us will do anything we can to try and rekindle that love for the game that we once had. Blizz are going to experiance a massive surge in population with the release of MOP.

Sorry buddy, GW2 is my new home now.

It's not even launched yet. Do you remember the 'SWTOR 4 LIfe" posts before SWTOR actually came out? 

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I played for the first 3 weeks, leveled to 60.  Spent another 3 weeks farming that pvp rank stuff and got bored.  Will never return.
  • palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Yes it is that way. Same was with tor, same was with eve and same will be with any new game. We always come back to wow. DO you notice how boring this gw2 fanboys are :) 
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

umm, nope sorry your post is full of BS. I played 2 years of WoW when it first came out. Had  fun for the time but never had the urge to come back just to see or out of curiousity since. Not for Burning crusade, not for Ltch king, not for the dumbed down less choice skill trees and certainly not for kiddy Panda's and pokemon. Seriously times moved on WoW still panders to a certain demographic but after awhile most of us want something more (not just a dumbed down change, or kung fu pandas)

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Why go backwards to WoW when you can move forward to new and generally better things. (fear of change no doubt for some might be a reason)

• galphargalphar Member UncommonPosts: 81
    I quit before Cata. Did some of the Cata BETA and even got an invite to the MoP BETA. Haven't been back since I quit and won't go back, not even on a Bring back a Friend request.  Best part about the MoP BETA invite is that my acount was hacked  right after Cata release and has been banned ever since(2 years now).

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I guess I am the man!  I played the beta, and I didn't even sub! 

Those that like the game, most probably will get the expansion...That is probably true.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Face it we are bored of wow and moreover we  are bored paying per month i prefere spend those 15 euros somewhere else than paying for a game that i have already bought.

Face it people woke up.

I was awake by the first month wow was reelased i just waited for the masses.Now that all the people are with me  subs are going to fall.

Face it u are gonna play alone wow and all servers will be yours.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

<- Hasn't resubbed since Wotlk. 

No thanks, they killed the game quite well enough as it is and its only getting worst. That and Rift to me is a very enjoyable game that replaced that void.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Now for me personally if you replaced WoW with EQ1 then yes I could say out of curiosity I like to go back at each new expansion, heck I loved that game for 5 years solid, but times change, the game got old in the graphics department, better games came out.

Now with EQNext somewhere on the distant horizon I may just get that old loving feeling back again =).

Originally posted by palulalula
    Yes it is that way. Same was with tor, same was with eve and same will be with any new game. We always come back to wow. DO you notice how boring this gw2 fanboys are :) 

sorry but EVE is older than your crap ...

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by loulaki
    Originally posted by palulalula

sorry but EVE is older than your crap ...

Eve is the second most successful pay to play MMO.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Only way to like WoW again is play one of those f2p asian grinders for a month if you can last that long then you'ld like playing WoW again. Still though, might get my priest to 90 and do achievements since I don't do raiding anymore due to work and negative DKP = no point.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.