Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Official*(ish) Profession Thread for Launch! *NEW*

Comments

• PetzenPetzen Member Posts: 74

I voted for Ranger. I have really enjoyed playing the class during the beta.

Normally, I dislike the "ranger-class" and I also hated playing one in GW1, but playing one in GW2 is lots of fun :)

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204
    Ranger it was my 2nd i was going Guardian but after the last stress test and the big old nerf bat hit the Guardian i know they where a littlt OP but mam did they have to hit the heals so hard in the stress test if you get hit by a boss's big hit the one that almost 1 hits you your self heal does not even give you back 1/2 the HP you just loss. the cut the self heal by 1/2 all the Profession self heal is 2X better now then the Guardian's

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

still deciding between

Sylvani Necro

Charr Warrior

Norn Thief

can't make up my mind.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    i cant really decide either, i liked the warrior, engineer and mesmer, im sure i will make all 3 at some point and no doubt fill up all the toon places in the 1st 6 months of playing.
  • fiesta87fiesta87 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Elementalist and Ranger will be my main, but will most likely play all profession in spvp.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Every day there is one of these polls, and everytime the results are very much differenet

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Every day there is one of these polls, and everytime the results are very much differenet

I noticed that too. It's tripping me out. All my sensibilities are being challenged by how different these polls are.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

All the Weekends i was in a Thief, but changed my mind.

I'll start with a Ranger now. Second will be Elementalist and third wil be Thief then.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Actually really curious to see how this poll pans out.  Was thinking of making one myself.

Here is the poll I put up immediately following BW3.:http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/357999/page/1

Will be interested to see how people's decisions have changed since that time.  At the time of my poll I selected Mesmer, but have since become much less certain, I'm guessing others have felt similar.  In my earlier poll the guardian was the most popular, while your poll is fairly new ranger is absolutly crushing, which is what I was expecting.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

female norn ranger

always play females

always play the most tatoo'd race

always play a ranger

Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I noticed that too. It's tripping me out. All my sensibilities are being challenged by how different these polls are.

I'm guessing a number of people are in a similar boat as me - they enjoyed numerous classes, following BW3 thought they had settled on their class, but, have since changed their minds or have become uncertain altogether..

Actually right now Guardian is in last place...very strange...lol
  • AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

Engineer here.

Bombs, grenades, flamethrower and a huge crate packed with turrets and bandages.

What more would you want?

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    I'm not sure yet.. I'm most likely to roll a ranger, but as I haven't tried the game yet it may change.. Engineer looks pretty awesome as well.. And thief too... Sigh ;)
  • mightyjoxermightyjoxer Member Posts: 34

playing Female norn ranger

ironically enough when i voted in polls 2yrs ago norn and rangers were on the bottom of that list. I'm hoping kicking their ass in the betas and stress tests in spvp might have swayed a few votes.

• xxxxxx1xxxxxx1 Member UncommonPosts: 105

Norn Warrior

Human Thief

Sylvari Ranger

Human Guardian

Sylvari Necromancer

These will be my five mains at launch. What scares me the most is that I might play a lot more characters in GW2 than any other MMOs in the past. That just shows how good this game is.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Pretty good number of votes so far - not too far off from what I was expecting to see.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Pretty good number of votes so far - not too far off from what I was expecting to see.

bet if thief had perma stealth it would top these charts:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Man, I'm still undecided... Warrior or Mesmer? Maybe playing both? I know will pick Sylvari female for Mesmer, but which race for Warrior...?
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Ranger for me. I like the nature based characters.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• zanebergeronzanebergeron Member UncommonPosts: 80
    while i typically play a warior type profession or ranger, I actually fell in love with the elementalist.

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
    PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others
    WATCHING:EQ Next : Wildstar:Archage :WoD
    WISHING FOR: A UO Remake
    HAPPILY PLAYING ONLINE SINCE 97.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Male Asura Melee Thief, gonna pop in and out of battle like a ghost

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    I will probably make 1 of each class but my 2 mains are going to be a Norn Warrior and an Asura Thief. I like both classes and races and I can't decide which one I like more, so I'll just switch between the 2.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

see this is my problem (besides deciding which world... and races). i played to lvl 20 with a thief and i loved it more than anything else. especially pvp. then i played to 14ish with a warrior. wasn't so fun until lvl 10 then it became really fun. then went up to lvl 10 on a mesmer and while it was harder and was a bit less fun, i keep in mind that most classes seem to take off at lvl 10 and i got the strong impression that it would get really fun. last stress test i played 15 minutes of an ele and it was a blast.

so. if all these classes are great WHAT DO I ROLL FIRST?!!?!?

thinking thief though. apologies to my sig.

edit: when i think about it though, i'd really like to get to know the mesmer.