Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Opening Cinematic Trailer Released

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by markus2004
    Look at the end, the globe show a map of denmark.. cool...but why lol

Lol, it really looks like Denmark. Cool so Pandaria is in Denmark! :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    nice cinematic but the game graphics are meh

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Not a fan of WoW anymore, but I loved this trailer. Love reading all the retarded comments about Kung Fu Panda. Blizzard actually did a great job with this imo...plenty of other things to hate WoW for and this isn't one of them. Felt like this could actually bring me back to play a little.
  • Azuri21Azuri21 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It's a good quailty cinematic (not the content) about the only thing wow still does good anymore. I'm so glad i'm done with this trainwreck of game.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Good trailer.. I havent played WoW since before the BC but I may try it out again in a few months.
  • wartoadwartoad Member Posts: 2
    Why did the Pandaren lick his lips at the end?  Was he planning on eating the intruders :)   What is worth fighting for?  FOOD
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    People complaining about one more anthropomorphic race in a game filled with...wait for it...many anthropomorphic races!
    Ejits.

I loved the trailer ^^ Blizz could make serious bank just making CGI clips I guess.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I liked every other trailer better than this one.  That's not to say it was bad.  The human and the orc had a lot of personality compared to the panda though, even if they came across as blundering fools...
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    It was the first light hearted cinematic they've done really. All the other expansions have some great doom the Alliance/Horde have to face, but now the crisis is over they can get back to what they do best which is fight each other. This is the first WoW CGI that has made me laugh, i think the expansion is meant to be light hearted and thats okay. Great trailer!
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Best trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5XsILypYQ

Edit found the first trailer for comparison sake:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FWd6O5LC2w

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    probably the best opening of all expansions (imo) doesnt give in to who is the big bad guy of it....still not playing it
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

The trailer makes no sense to me. The expansion is supposed to bring WvW PvP back, and the Pandas are supposed to be able to choose either side, yet the trailer says the Panda's are neutral.

Also, I can't take all the growling and whatever seriously from those pandas. They're big and fat, fluffy, like big teddy bears. A really bad race and expansion idea I think. But maybe it's just my age.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by P4YB4CK

Not trying to take away from the MoP release, but I wonder know what their next expansion will be about?

Maybe they will go dark on the next expansion.

And hire Christopher Nolan to direct?

• KyuzoS8KyuzoS8 Member Posts: 13
    hmm wonder when we'll get Warcraft 4
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Lol

That was the corniest trailer I've ever seen for an MMORPG.

The "corniness" was the only part that actually resemble World of Warcraft.  Everything else was a misleading CGI yankfest, like a SW:TOR trailer.

Hilarious though, thanks for the laughs, Blizzard.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    That was the best kunfu Panda I've ever seen... That said, I still won't re-sub. GJ though.

• katmagliakatmaglia Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by NoizMchn
    imo - best part is when they are standing side by side and he hands the spear over.

I thought that was really cute, too. It's a breath of fresh air for me to see a new area that isn't on fire. I was getting tired of the doom and gloom.

• SCZekeSCZeke Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I don't like WoW, but that was a nice clip.
  • shawn19606shawn19606 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Blizzard always does a good job with their clips IMO. Obviously the trailer tells us nothing about the gameplay but none do. This will be the first expansion launch I am not playing for WOW. Kinda makes me sad in a way, still time to change my mind though, but since I quit a couple months into Cata there would be no sense for me to play this at launch. If I hear that it is good though, I will probably purchase it and give it a try a couple months in. Just don't know though, the problem isn't that WOW sucks, I like WOW, it's just so old and dated.
  • reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441
    I think this expansion will be very popular only in eastern regions of the world and maybe will get 'some' of the interest on the local market amongst the much younger players.
  • RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

This was kind of a letdown? biggest understatement in the history of MMOs. This is exactly the refreshin type of breath air that was needed to wake up all you kool-aid drinking cult followrs of the worst MMO in the history of MMOs, in 1,000 years they will only remember WoW as the game that sucked so bad people used it as a verb, as in W.o.W. that game is so WoW it sucks so bad! hahahahahaha

--- Razimus

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Good trailer as always, zero desire to play though. Interestingly, an all male cast for this trailer...

• TommiJyurroTommiJyurro Member Posts: 51
    Awesome trailer.  WoW is quickly becoming a game for the MMO-player who doesn't take themselves too seriously, or those who love RP waaaaaay too much.  I will stick to space ships, though.

Anything new here? Hmmm... Nope. o/

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Luxely

Obviously the ones who dislike pandarens and keeps bringing up "Kung Fu Panda" bullcrap are the ones who haven't read the lore! -_- 

Pandarens have been in WoW lore longer than you have been ... Again, Pandarens have been around as a race for ten years before that ...so, stfu.

The expansion is going to be about the war between the alliance and horde. Pandarens are a focus point because they're the new race, in a new and unique way. They are not the sole focus of the expansion, only one part of it.

/facepalm.

You would be susrpised by the large amount of people who do not know about WoW orgins let alone the bloody lore!

Edit

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I'm not planning to play this anytime soon, but really enjoyed watching the trailer.  What fun!  Made me lol for real ^^