Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Guild Wars 2: On Launch and What’s to Come

124»

Comments

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by DAOWAce
    Originally posted by yaoming36

You could buy it cheaper from third party websites and then get scammed. I saw loads of these posts on guild wars 2 facebook. And if you really feel that you should save $15 then just get a refund and buy a year or two from now when GW2 will probably lower price. And of course by that time all your complaints about being released too early will have been fixed.

GMG/Newegg doesn't scam people.

Buying the game a year+ down the road voids the entire point of wanting to play GW2 on release. (Not to mention my alias' will be taken)

I've been playing Guild Wars for over 7 years; I've been waiting for GW2 for a very, very long time.  Regardless of my desire to play GW2 ASAP, the beta weekends after #1 were not good experiences and showed clearly that the game was not ready to ship.  Sure, it may be more polished than most games on launch, but it doesn't mean it's ready.  I was expecting to play GW2 later in the year, but they insist on getting it out months earlier than anticipated for some reason.  That reason is what upsets me.

I really don't understand the part when you said "melee classes combat is still garbage". In pvp I owned with my thief melee, and watching other vids I've seen lots of other classes like warrior and guardian own as melee too. Also what the hell is wrong with you and paying 60$? Jesus Christ, you are such a stingy person it's not normal anymore. I personally think that 60$ is too little for what arenanet has created. Do you even realize how much it takes to develop such a game? Would you rather pay monthly in addition to B2P? They have to maintain the servers and they did say they will add more content/mechanics post-release such as dueling, guild housing etc. 

I feel sorry for NCsoft support for having such customers like you. TBH, the game is pretty polished. Maybe there are still some bugs and glitches, but that will be solved in time post-release. There is no perfect game mate. I played guild wars (1) and there were lots of stuff to be fixed too, even during EotN which is a long time after release.

Somehow I have the feeling that you are just upset that GW2 doesn't release later this year because of some personal reason of yours (Not good enough computer/Traveling to somewhere with bad or no connection to the internet etc.)

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    My only problem is the housing... It's called "housing," but you don't get an actual house to decorate or to do crafting in.

I am glad you don't get a house to do crafting in... SOE will tell you that too much utility in player housing is a BAD thing and damages the game world.

Player housing should be a creative experience that allows the player to express his character's identity and achievements, giving him the sense of building something as he goes.

Start putting ultility in there and no good ever comes from it.

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Originally posted by 1vald2I really don't understand the part when you said "melee classes combat is still garbage". In pvp I owned with my thief melee, and watching other vids I've seen lots of other classes like warrior and guardian own as melee too. Also what the hell is wrong with you and paying 60$? Jesus Christ, you are such a stingy person it's not normal anymore. I personally think that 60$ is too little for what arenanet has created. Do you even realize how much it takes to develop such a game? Would you rather pay monthly in addition to B2P? They have to maintain the servers and they did say they will add more content/mechanics post-release such as dueling, guild housing etc. 

I feel sorry for NCsoft support for having such customers like you. TBH, the game is pretty polished. Maybe there are still some bugs and glitches, but that will be solved in time post-release. There is no perfect game mate. I played guild wars (1) and there were lots of stuff to be fixed too, even during EotN which is a long time after release.

Somehow I have the feeling that you are just upset that GW2 doesn't release later this year because of some personal reason of yours (Not good enough computer/Traveling to somewhere with bad or no connection to the internet etc.)

I feel like I'm wasting my time responding to this post, but here we go.

I'm talking about PvE combat; melee classes have had an incredibly hard time in PvE, especially in BWE1 (to the point where it was absolutely pointless to do anything in melee range against tougher monsters/harder dungeons). Combat was improved in BWE2 but still hasn't gotten to the point where melee classes are as effective as ranged classes. The lack of proper sound effects and visual cues of attacks in a game that's focused so heavily on dodging was missing as well. There's been numerous threads on the beta forums about this, so I'm not going into more details. If you were a beta tester and actually cared about feedback (in PvE at any rate), you'd have seen them.  Remember, GW2 is far more 'MMORPG' than GW, which was mainly a CORPG, so PvE matters a lot more than it did in the previous game.

$60 is a lot to me because I am unemployed and have limited finances to spend on luxury/entertainment.  There's people in the world who aren't as fortunate as you are; acting like an ass to said people isn't a very wise thing to do.

They also never had a problem maintaining GW1's servers despite not overcharging their customers like many of the poorly received publishers (EA, Activison) do today.  Oh and they're focusing even more heavily on the cash shop this time around, despite hefty price increase for even digital only copies.  All my GW1+Expansion copies have been physical, and they came with extras, and they all cost less. (I re-bought the GotY edition of Prophecies, insane, right?)

And yes, my whole reason for being upset about the early release is because there's something in my life preventing me from playing, not because I want the game to be released with a well rounded and balanced combat system and with overall polish, optimization (engine; BWEs have run fairly terrible (1 being abysmal), and with disregard to multi-GPU and multi-monitor systems) and refinement instead of being sub-standard, complained about and eventually fixed in a few months.  They've ignored very valid issues with the game engine; I can only hope they sort those out by release.  My computer is probably better than yours, by the way.

I'll stay my tongue about my negative opinions on responses like yours.  I hope you will learn to do the same in the future.

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by DAOWAce
    Originally posted by 1vald2I really don't understand the part when you said "melee classes combat is still garbage". In pvp I owned with my thief melee, and watching other vids I've seen lots of other classes like warrior and guardian own as melee too. Also what the hell is wrong with you and paying 60$? Jesus Christ, you are such a stingy person it's not normal anymore. I personally think that 60$ is too little for what arenanet has created. Do you even realize how much it takes to develop such a game? Would you rather pay monthly in addition to B2P? They have to maintain the servers and they did say they will add more content/mechanics post-release such as dueling, guild housing etc. 

I feel like I'm wasting my time responding to this post, but here we go.

I'm talking about PvE combat; melee classes have had an incredibly hard time in PvE, especially in BWE1 (to the point where it was absolutely pointless to do anything in melee range against tougher monsters/harder dungeons). Combat was improved in BWE2 but still hasn't gotten to the point where melee classes are as effective as ranged classes. The lack of proper sound effects and visual cues of attacks in a game that's focused so heavily on dodging was missing as well. There's been numerous threads on the beta forums about this, so I'm not going into more details. If you were a beta tester and actually cared about feedback (in PvE at any rate), you'd have seen them.  Remember, GW2 is far more 'MMORPG' than GW, which was mainly a CORPG, so PvE matters a lot more than it did in the previous game.

$60 is a lot to me because I am unemployed and have limited finances to spend on luxury/entertainment.  There's people in the world who aren't as fortunate as you are; acting like an ass to said people isn't a very wise thing to do.

They also never had a problem maintaining GW1's servers despite not overcharging their customers like many of the poorly received publishers (EA, Activison) do today.  Oh and they're focusing even more heavily on the cash shop this time around, despite hefty price increase for even digital only copies.  All my GW1+Expansion copies have been physical, and they came with extras, and they all cost less. (I re-bought the GotY edition of Prophecies, insane, right?)

And yes, my whole reason for being upset about the early release is because there's something in my life preventing me from playing, not because I want the game to be released with a well rounded and balanced combat system and with overall polish, optimization (engine; BWEs have run fairly terrible (1 being abysmal), and with disregard to multi-GPU and multi-monitor systems) and refinement instead of being sub-standard, complained about and eventually fixed in a few months.  They've ignored very valid issues with the game engine; I can only hope they sort those out by release.  My computer is probably better than yours, by the way.

I'll stay my tongue about my negative opinions on responses like yours.  I hope you will learn to do the same in the future.

Sorry for my harshwords, I could've probably worded it a little better.

I am probably as poor as you are or even poorer but I do know that quality things have it's prices. Just as a comparison a person who played WoW for 6 years+ has paid about a thousand dollars on the game for subscription only, whereas you only pay 60$ once on GW2 (and you can play for 6 years too).  In addition to that you mentioned the cash shop, as you probably know it's not pay to win, so no reason for you to be wasting money there if you deem so.

I do understand your concern for the game, but I think it is pretty polished. The last stress test went rather smoothly.

Lastly about the PvE thing..sorry I can't argue with you on that point since I have been playing WvW and sPvP exclusively with my thief.