Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why wouldn't you cater your product to the masses?

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
I don't know what business people who hate developers for wanting a profit are in. But generally speaking, if 100 people want you to do X and 10 people want Y its only good business to do X.

Comments

• abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    It's because gamers don't care about a company needing it make money, they all believe they're special snowflakes and that every developer should cater to their preferences.
  • bfpiercelkbfpiercelk Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by abyss404
    It's because [Hipsters] don't care about a company needing it make money, they all believe they're special snowflakes and that every developer should cater to their preferences.

Fixed that for ya.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by bfpiercelk
    It's because [Hipsters] don't care about a company needing it make money, they all believe they're special snowflakes and that every developer should cater to their preferences.

Fixed that for ya.

I don't think you even know what hipster means. Hipsters aren't playing WoW because its too mainstream, they're all playing atarai, scoffing at people who play current gen games.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
         Expecting companies to ignore profits is as much a fantasy land idea as .....azeroth itself. I stopped caring what people who don't understand how the world works years ago. 
  • WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    It's against the law to do some brain experamintation on humans in USA so i would have to move to some 3rd world country tell I got the vr sim running correctly and the nervous system of the brains to function correctly with the ingame world i would create. So no I would not be able to cater to the masses personally for legal reasons.  
  • KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by azrael466
    Originally posted by bfpiercelk

Fixed that for ya.

I don't think you even know what hipster means. Hipsters aren't playing WoW because its too mainstream, they're all playing atarai, scoffing at people who play current gen games.

I play Pong, you've probably never heard of it.