Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The HK-51 will be as crappy as all other Companions...

2»

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member

With this game copying WoW so hard (I hate modern WoW), I find it believable that the new HK companion will just be a watered-down, homoginized campanion.

EA Bioware wants even the crappiest of players to feel at home, and even the high end raid gear only give a marginal stat increase.

The marginal stat increase is another story though .. nothing is interesting .. are the dev's really going to think, oh this person has a +42 in a stat while others only have a +40 .. this makes our game stand out.  The gear obtained lacks any special ability or function, which I loved in early WoW.

At least Vanilla WoW came out with an army of special items that did different things .. even if they were only trinkets .. SWTOR has a total lack of creativity (and honestly if it had a simple gnome cannon that could be deployed during combat the framerate would drop by a lot -- the engine can't handle other players or animations).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GoromhirGoromhir portland, ORPosts: 292Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Karteli

With this game copying WoW so hard (I hate modern WoW), I find it believable that the new HK companion will just be a watered-down, homoginized campanion.

EA Bioware wants even the crappiest of players to feel at home, and even the high end raid gear only give a marginal stat increase.

The marginal stat increase is another story though .. nothing is interesting .. are the dev's really going to think, oh this person has a +42 in a stat while others only have a +40 .. this makes our game stand out.  The gear obtained lacks any special ability or function, which I loved in early WoW.

At least Vanilla WoW came out with an army of special items that did different things .. even if they were only trinkets .. SWTOR has a total lack of creativity (and honestly if it had a simple gnome cannon that could be deployed during combat the framerate would drop by a lot -- the engine can't handle other players or animations).

havent been here in a while.

Well said guys. I cant agree more. 

Most of the stats in TOR are simply to low especialy for companions. I maxed out my Tank companions as well and they never last long against stronger mobs compared to players.

• ajax7ajax7 Lewisville, TXPosts: 363Member
    Originally posted by Portland

Dont expect the miracle companion, he will have the same bugs and he will die as fast as all other companions in Swtor. 

In Short following these Swtor Developers and their sick super balanced way of game development, this companion is not worth the time. He wont have any specials bad armor and its hard to get item pieces for him..

In addition it looks like a Robot pulled out of a scrapyard.....

The only useable companions in Swtor are the Healers period..................... Time to nerf Healer companions BW !!

Sorry but i would never invest any time in getting this piece of trash HK-51 and i woulnt ever re-sub for this metal junk....

I disagree I only use a healer on my BH the rest use damage if you gear them up right they never die if you play it right.

I can't wait for HK-51 go Play GW2 if anything like GW1 it will so boring you fall a sleep at your desk.

Ajax

• AhnogAhnog Keller, TXPosts: 231Member Uncommon
    I have found all my companions to be useful as a Trooper and Sentinel. Don't know what you guys are talking about.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Portland
    Originally posted by Ahnog

Another unjustified rag on the game. I play a trooper and think all my compaions serve their individual purpose beautifully.

maybe if you play a healer class. Do you want to heal up after every  little fight ? 

melee mobs after level 40 hit so hard that your companions drop like flies, 5 hits of a Silver mob and you companion is almost dead.yes  you can play a healer class and spam heals to  keep your companions alive. 

The only good companions are the healers, thats why you see them everywhere. i am sure they nerf healers soon and make the game even worse..

The HK-51 will be dead as fast as all other companions, in addition it will be hard to gear him well and he looks like  trash pulled out of a junkyard.... in short, not worth the time because its a BioWare companion created by developers that want everything balanced..

Theres no room in SWTOR for a Companion that is stronger than the other companions are.... its wish thinking..

LOL, I run assasin with Andronicos, juggernaut with Jaesa and sorcerer with Khem and my companions die only if I screw up. I can count these incident on one hand.... I guess you screw up all the time /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    I have found all my companions to be useful as a Trooper and Sentinel. Don't know what you guys are talking about.

Maybe you should read the thread to understand what it is that people are talking about.

The new companion won't be a point of interest to other players, outside the new graphics model.  I use that term "new" loosely, since HK-51 already existed in beta.

If you think it's cool for EA to have existing content at launch, hold back on a lot of it, and then release the content slowly over a year, then that is your perogative.  Releasing HK-51 without any actual new content is in poor taste to me.

I'm waiting for a cool feature to make me want to resubscribe, because I love Star Wars.  This game has tought me about a love-hate relationship.  I love SW.  I hate the boring uncreative game that surrounds it.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

2»