Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Opening Cinematic Trailer Released

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Nice trailer, but like other's have said I will not be heading back to WoW anytime soon.
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    It was a great trailer imo. Not enough to make me buy it but I enjoyed it.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    it was pretty cool, but does anyone else miss the vanilla and TBC cinematics when they were just montages of the player race-classes doing cool things?
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I actually liked this one better then the BC one and in all honesty it have ahumor that have been fairly absent in the later cinematics. Ofc few things can beat the opening scene in the original cinematic.

But i give this one 5/5.

This have been a good conversation

• VermilioNomyVermilioNomy Member Posts: 32

Can't say Blizzard doesn't know how to make trailers... I laughed when the human passed over the spear to the orc with their faces like: DAFUK? Enjoyable trailer, still amazed that Blizzard went with the Panda-idea.

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Can't believe Dreamworks hasn't sued them yet.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yes amazing cinematics, BUT.....even Blizz cannot make the panda cool. sorry, but i went from "fuckin ey" when the human/orc were fighting to "what the gay...?" when the panda showed up.

he is not even a cool ninja panda, he's a sensei full of wisdom and crap panda...."what is worht fighting for?" ...well i dunno ...FUN?...friken sensei mumbo jumbo.

and a human giving an orc a weappon?!! WHAT THE CRAP HAPPENED TO YOU BLIZZZ???

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    I heard in the next expansion they gonna introduce the Teletubies as a new race.
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Great cinematic
  • RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by rikilii

Why would dreamworks sue Blizzard for an idea Blizzard had in the first place, it makes no sense.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by rikilii

They wouldn't have any legal ground to stand on.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• nixiumnixium Member Posts: 21

Loved the CG. But it could not be helped noted that it was sanitized and very light themed compared to prior expansion trailers, almost comedic towards the end. The Chinese appeal could not be missed too, the game's obvious target and all the money that trade from China will bring Blizzard.

I also feel the MoP expansion is to be 'mom approved friendly' after watching the kung fu pandaren but I will give it a go on release, I think that feeling is accurate from what I've seen from the Beta and game news.

I did enjoy the trailer.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    that was pretty good, funny when he takes the orc's "mace" and puts it back in it's place haha. Monk is going to be so awesome :)

Edit: What's really suprising to me is that if there never was the Kung Fu Panda movies (which Pandaria and the Pandarians pre-date kung fu panda by several years), people wouldn't have anything to complain about this expansion....
  • newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Love or hate WoW, one cannot deny how awesome Blizz cinematics are!
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Another trailer without a Gnome................

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Blizzard has always had top notch cinematics, and this is no different. Great trailer.
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    So by the cinematic, the horde and alliance stumbled on the continent by mistake and that panda was there to fend them off...

I love it... Thx blizz
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,725
    Nice quality CGI, as usual. But as far as coolness factor I believe it's the weakest. The whole Taoism-like theme really doesn't fit into medieval fantasy. It just sticks out like a sore thumb to me.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Technically it's a brilliant trailer, but I expect nothing else from Blizzards cinematics team.

However, I thought I was watching a promo for Kung Fu Panda 3
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by kabitoshin

That was kind of a let down, good CG though.

Seconding. Beautiful cinematic, but it's not really that good compared to their previous works. I think they changed their cinematics director or something because Diablo 3 cinematic also suffered from that problem - everything was beautifully animated and executed, but it just lacked something the old cinematics had.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Favorite part was when the human handed the orc the stick. It seems they are putting a little humor back into WoW and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It may have gone back to the Warcraft style of humor we grew to love in the RTS. Don't you miss clicking on your dudes too many times to see what they say?

I quit wow because I wasn't having fun anymore. I'm not going back for MoP but I do hope they put more fun content into the game, not just raids and rehashing dungeons.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

was that a scene for 'kung-fu panda 3'?...straight to dvd...

<.<

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Originally posted by ZombieFeast

That was awesome as far as CG goes, Terrible as far as WoW goes. I feel that Kung Fu Panda is such an awful idea.

Agreed. 

They're definitely targeting the kids and asians at this point.  They've given up on the US/EU market it appears.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

So the focus of the expansion is the war between the Horde and the Alliance, and they show them helping each other in the cinematic?

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263

Lvl 90 Monk vs Orc+Human lvl 85

Panda wins

that's all i see

l2p