Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] General: Darksiders II - Zelda Meets Death

2

Comments

  • YizleYizle Atlanta, GAPosts: 517Member

    Haven't tried DS2 but I will grab it at some point. Loved the first one.

     

    Anyone play it on both the 360 and PC? Any recommendations on which?

    I had DS1 on the 360

     
  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon

    And the bigest question of mine: How much of it is free roam / open world?.

     

    Second to that, What are the zelda comparisons?

     

    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Brooklyn, NYPosts: 1,164Member Uncommon

    Was surprised to see this on the board, validation of the marketing of the title. I played the first one and did enjoy but didnt captivate me enough to finish it.  On my list of games to return to.  Haven't played the second yet, but will probably get for PC even though its a port. I've gotten used to my keyboard and mouse ways now.

    I'm loving the injection of my cherished RPG elements (leveling, skill trees, experience) into action games. There was a time when you had to choose.  Still cant shake my roots so will probably pass on this in the end, only to put it further in my queue as my tastes are old school and am enjoying turn-based combat once again.

    I am gamer. Play. Forever.

    image
  • SteazySteazy Santa Cruz, CAPosts: 39Member
    Rad looks cool gonna check it out on steam
  • NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,684Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Hmm. If so, things have changed, likely in part to THQ's woes. But the intention was to make a game for each horseman, and one of them (Fury) is a horseWOman.Here's hoping it sells a ton of boxes and gets the other two. I've not finished it yet, so not sure how it ends.Here you go: http:/www.joystiq.com/2012/07/26/vigil-darksiders-3-depends-on-darksiders-2-sales-could-be-smal/ 


    HQ president Jason Rubin would likely want a sequel, though he might expect Vigil to "reduce the scope so that we can make it even higher polished."

    That does not sound good at all, To paraphrase darksiders 2 will be the last in the series to feature a large amount of content.

    image
    TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

  • Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,356Member Uncommon
    looks good.

    image

  • HonnerHonner SydneyPosts: 504Member
    it's taking to long to download :S 15 mins more....
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,762Member Uncommon

    i havent bought DarkSiders 2 because im still playing DS1 but im really excited for this game. Also, judging by the game videos and the "looks" of death, this game could have been an awesome Legacy of Kain title. Everytime i see death i kind of see Raziel

    :D

    image
  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    I should try and pick them both up on PC...
  • Methos12Methos12 Maladis 46Posts: 1,234Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rojo6934

    i havent bought DarkSiders 2 because im still playing DS1 but im really excited for this game. Also, judging by the game videos and the "looks" of death, this game could have been an awesome Legacy of Kain title. Everytime i see death i kind of see Raziel

    :D

    Yes, original Darksiders also had a LoK feel to me. Guess it depends on what they do with the story in this and future games.

    Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
    Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
    .........
    Magic without Technology is fantasy.
    Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
    .........
    Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
    Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.
  • nagawaranagawara athensPosts: 32Member

    its not an rpg

    its a hack n slash game with some adventure elements

     

    anw nice game till the king arrives again wich is ofc god of war ascension

     

    haters can hate btw...sales,numbers,reviews,awards,do the talk and god of war is at the top.

  • FadedbombFadedbomb Aiken, SCPosts: 2,081Member

    Bill Murphey right out of the gate pretty much says "Yea, going off the beaten path for a sec from MMOs to talk about a game you might like!".

     

    Best way possible that I've seen so far on MMORPG.com to talk about something non-MMO. Nice job ;)!

    The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

  • Chase187666Chase187666 Caledonia, ONPosts: 138Member
    This game is amazing. The art style is visually stunning! Im loving it so far. Not to mention, James Cosmo's voice acting for the Elder Maker!

    image
    image

  • Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

    Hmm. If so, things have changed, likely in part to THQ's woes. But the intention was to make a game for each horseman, and one of them (Fury) is a horseWOman.

    Here's hoping it sells a ton of boxes and gets the other two. I've not finished it yet, so not sure how it ends.

    Here you go: http:/www.joystiq.com/2012/07/26/vigil-darksiders-3-depends-on-darksiders-2-sales-could-be-smal/

     

    One horsemen is a female with a whip as a main weapon, The other is a male horsemen with dual guns. 

    One ranged, One Melee...

    I would bet anything that the next game will have Co-op or let you flip flop between both of them.

    Playing:

    Waiting on:

  • VaultarVaultar adelaidePosts: 339Member
    must..resist...shelling out money on this one...gw2 cant come soon enough..

    Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

  • WeretigarWeretigar winifrede, WVPosts: 609Member
    You know you could have made the tittle a lot shorter by saying "its like legacy of kain soul reaver but new"
  • MothanosMothanos ArnhemPosts: 1,860Member Uncommon

    played it on a pc and its another xbox port with nu graphic options....
    you can change the resolution and Vsync, and this it.

    Very disapointed, but this is how the future of most studio's are, ports are cheap and that means more profit.

    Some studio's dont care anymore to make their game perfect for each platform :(

  • ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Zelda brought me to this thread. I will say this. I am buying and downloading this game now, since you feel like assosciating it with Zelda. IF YOU HAVE SCORNED A LEGENDARY SERIES LIKE ZELDA BY SAYING WHAT YOU SAID BILL.........I will find you. Believe me.

    Ha! Trust me as a life-long lover of Hyrule and the Tri-force, I am not misleading you. :)

    Mini Review

    Game is not quite what i expected, seeing the Zelda reference, but it is a GREAT game nonetheless. It DOES have quite alot (to me) of a Zelda feel, minus the tools/weapon hunting. The Forge lands are beautiful, and the story is deep enough to have me immersed in it.

    One could also say it had NOTHING in common with Zelda, and I couldn't disagree with them. It's subjective, for sure. To put it in better light, it is very similar to God of War, with your dual scythes and secondary weapons, action paced, combo based combat. It just has more RPG in it, and coming from someone who doesn't like GOW for that reason, this game is very fun, and worth the money.

    The biggest thing i LOVE about it is the AMOUNT OF CONTENT that is packed into this game. I won't spoil it for anyone, but getting to that 'final' boss and saying "Alright, this was fun" only to find out you are not even halfway through the game is REALLY a treat to me. I've been beating Single Player games to death because of their incredibly short gamespan. This one just goes to show that it is still possible to get 60-80 hours out of a game.

    I didn't even get to finish all the dungeons on the first map yet.

    That said, i'm 22 hours in according to my in game time thing, and (im guessing) about halfway through the game, without doing many side missions or dungeons. Next playthrough will see it 100% completed. One of the few games i've felt the urge to 100% . Only halfway through though, so second half could be total shit and i wouldn't know. more to come!

    The Deep Web is sca-ry.

  • ToxiaToxia Lake Charles, LAPosts: 1,319Member Uncommon
    Wont let me edit.

    MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GAMEPAD OR XBOX CONTROLLER TO PLUG INTO YOUR PC if you aren't getting it for consoles. Admittedly, The Keyboard scheme is HORRIBLE, almost UNPLAYABLE FOR ME WITHOUT A GAMEPAD. Still a great game, just a really, really shitty port.

    The Deep Web is sca-ry.

  • Hydros13Hydros13 New York, NYPosts: 30Member
    The game is definitely worth its price tag, real good game. And yes the PC port is real shitty when it comes to features (You must have a 360 controller to really enjoy it so be aware of that).
  • NetspookNetspook OsloPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Zelda brought me to this thread. I will say this. I am buying and downloading this game now, since you feel like assosciating it with Zelda. IF YOU HAVE SCORNED A LEGENDARY SERIES LIKE ZELDA BY SAYING WHAT YOU SAID BILL........I will find you. Believe me.

     

    Yeah, Zelda brought me in here, too. Then I saw the words "console game ported to PC" and lost interest.

  • Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member
    Originally posted by Mothanos

    played it on a pc and its another xbox port with nu graphic options....
    you can change the resolution and Vsync, and this it.

    Very disapointed, but this is how the future of most studio's are, ports are cheap and that means more profit.

    Some studio's dont care anymore to make their game perfect for each platform :(

    The game runs flawlessly on PC.

    I would rather no graphical options with a great running game than one with many options that runs like crap.

    Darksiders 2 is an amazing game to ignore it because it doesn't have a AA check box in the options is lame and makes PC gamers look like an entitled bunch of tards.

    Playing:

    Waiting on:

  • omidusomidus Syracuse, NYPosts: 87Member
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    the reason the first game was overlooked is cause it sucked and i am expecting the same from this game.  Botton line is if you take from prince of persia, zelda, and god of war, you should end up with something at least as good as one of those series and this doesn't......

    Your game library is probably very small.

    Nice job on generalizing; god knows how many games out there takes elements from others to compose a nice amalgamation.

  • omidusomidus Syracuse, NYPosts: 87Member
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Wont let me edit. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GAMEPAD OR XBOX CONTROLLER TO PLUG INTO YOUR PC if you aren't getting it for consoles. Admittedly, The Keyboard scheme is HORRIBLE, almost UNPLAYABLE FOR ME WITHOUT A GAMEPAD. Still a great game, just a really, really shitty port.
     

     Game pad issues aside, I have no idea what you are talking about. The game runs flawless; the problem exists in your computer.

  • NetspookNetspook OsloPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by omidus
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    the reason the first game was overlooked is cause it sucked and i am expecting the same from this game.  Botton line is if you take from prince of persia, zelda, and god of war, you should end up with something at least as good as one of those series and this doesn't......

    Your game library is probably very small.

    Nice job on generalizing; god knows how many games out there takes elements from others to compose a nice amalgamation.

     

    Nice job on completely missing his points.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.