Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Professions

PyratPyrat Member Posts: 4
Propbably a silly question, but is there a list available for the professions or are they just your standard MMO set? I tried checking the site and maybe I just missed it. Thanks!

The man, the myth, the legend.
Add me on Evolve!

Comments

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by Pyrat
    Propbably a silly question, but is there a list available for the professions or are they just your standard MMO set? I tried checking the site and maybe I just missed it. Thanks!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    if you want to know more about them click on my sig

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

I think the OP may be asking about the crafting professions... not class professions.  You can easily find information on the class professions right on the website, but nothing in detail about the crafting professions.

Like fishing, mining, tailoring, et al.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by pmiles

I think the OP may be asking about the crafting professions... not class professions.  You can easily find information on the class professions right on the website, but nothing in detail about the crafting professions.

If that is the case:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting

In that case:

http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/guild-wars-2-guides-crafting-system/223/

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/08/21/guild-wars-2s-crafting-system-detailed-and-demonstrated/

Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

crafting guides are in my sig as well

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

considering this game favors look as opposed to stats I sortof feel like cooking and jewelcrafting will sortof fall short and not be as popular.

Originally posted by sinloi

considering this game favors look as opposed to stats I sortof feel like cooking and jewelcrafting will sortof fall short and not be as popular.

Maybe, but the good thing is that you can master all of the professions and switch between them as needed. Of course, that will take some time, but you retain all knowledge of your prior profession(s) when you learn a new one.

• wetterfreewetterfree Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

What else are you hiding in your signature?

Originally posted by wetterfree

well it is a compilation of ALL things gw2:)

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251
    http://www.gw2db.com here is database with found recipes. I found today this site today:)
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by ruonim
    http://www.gw2db.com here is database with found recipes. I found today this site today:)

wiki isnt as complete but its easier to see the buffs

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by wetterfree

well it is a compilation of ALL things gw2:)

Aerowyn doesn't even need to type anymore. She just copied and pastes 'click the link in my sig'. :P

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Food has some great buffs, also chefs can create dyes. Not sure about jewelcrafting though.

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by heartless

Food has some great buffs, also chefs can create dyes. Not sure about jewelcrafting though.

If they fall short they will be profitable. I bet weapons and armors will cost less than materials. Becosue "minerals i gather are free" crowd.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    I like the fact that I can max every crafting profesion on the same character and be self sufficient.
  • PyratPyrat Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Cromica
    I like the fact that I can max every crafting profesion on the same character and be self sufficient.

I think this is a great edition. I'm sure it will take time but nice to know you can hunt down the materials instead of paying some crazy high price. Thanks for all the help with this!

The man, the myth, the legend.
    Add me on Evolve!