Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ballancing Woes

2»

Comments

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Fort Wayne, INPosts: 237Member

Thieves did get some buffs, but ArenaNet is still trying to play within the current system.  The Thief doesn't need tweaks, though, they need a base overhaul.

I'm just wondering at what point they will finally admit that Initiative / Stealth / Steal / Traits / Venom Sharing / etc. all don't work as intended, and certainly refuse to synergize with each other.

• AmegashieAmegashie naPosts: 282Member Uncommon

Balancing is a constant effort in pretty much all MMOs, even the PvE only ones. Better get used to regular changes to your class(es). ArenaNet have a pretty good record when it comes to staying on top of exploitable builds and the metagame fortunately, so the classes will probably stay within a rather narrow band of comparative power.

With GW2 being an actual MMORPG rather than a lobby game like GW1 I'm not sure the heavy focus on sPvP balance at the expense of the other areas of the game is a good idea though. Maybe there should be some more consideration to PvE and WvW.

• SabasSabas herzelePosts: 197Member
    Originally posted by Amegashie Maybe there should be some more consideration to PvE and WvW.

Sometimes it does feel like  that yes.

I wonder why they didn't seperate sPvP from the rest of the skills.

It makes more sense to have those completly seperated from PvE or world PvP since sPvP is designed to be an e-sport.

• TreekodarTreekodar jlkjklPosts: 524Member

What class should I play if I want to be a healer? I know there's no trinity, but surely there must be some way to support my team with something else than a DPS race. Is mesmer a good bet?

Also, sorry about hijacking the thread.

Eleanor Rigby.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Overland Park, KSPosts: 973Member
    Originally posted by Treekodar

What class should I play if I want to be a healer? I know there's no trinity, but surely there must be some way to support my team with something else than a DPS race. Is mesmer a good bet?

Also, sorry about hijacking the thread.

There are no healers, and the type of playstyle you are thinking of is called "support".  Please use that turn so that you don't draw aggro like a tank.

Anyways, any class can support viably.  I like playing support warrior.  I also like playing bubbles guardian, which is less support that zone control with support built in.  Thief can support with blindness and aoe stealth fields.  Ranger has those spirits.  It all works.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member
    Originally posted by grimm6th

Originally posted by Treekodar
    What class should I play if I want to be a healer? I know there's no trinity, but surely there must be some way to support my team with something else than a DPS race. Is mesmer a good bet? Also, sorry about hijacking the thread.

There are no healers, and the type of playstyle you are thinking of is called "support".  Please use that turn so that you don't draw aggro like a tank.

Anyways, any class can support viably.  I like playing support warrior.  I also like playing bubbles guardian, which is less support that zone control with support built in.  Thief can support with blindness and aoe stealth fields.  Ranger has those spirits.  It all works.

WoW it's glitchy in the forums interface today! Dunno what their last maintenance did to this website but whatever it was it isn't good. I'm typing this in a window with standard unformatted text with blocks of code above.

I love support as an Engineer I'm going to have fun spraying healing spew all over my allies while they're fighting up ahead!
  • RedempRedemp Hot Springs, ARPosts: 1,042Member
    They finally nerfed my Throw Elixir U, so I'm fairly confident I'm done with the Engineer... again. I never enjoyed the Condition based builds as it were, Rifle was fun but only if Elixir U's thrown remained. Engineers shaping up very nicely , its just not what I started with.

Moved over to a Thief after retrying my Necro, Ranger, and Mesmer. Thief felt the best ... I'd always wanted Swords to be viable, now they are.
  • sammandarsammandar San Antonio, TXPosts: 523Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Seems there has been a lot of ballancing lately during the last stress tests and inbetween. Guardian survivabillity which was over the top has been greatly reduced.  Sadly Elementalist DPS, which was allready not that great has been dumbed down even further making a low armor low hitpoints class, the lowest DPS class. Seems Thieves got some buffs, but not enough to make the fanbase happy.  How are your experiences?

I guess that explains why I was having a harder time taking down invaders in WVW :-(
2»