Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Gamescom Trailer Ignites

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of PlanetSide 2 will definitely not want to miss the latest trailer from the dev team and Sony Online Entertainment. The sizzling hot trailer was released during this week's Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. Check it out and prepare those OOOs and AAHs!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    OOO! AAH!
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by nuttob
    OOO! AAH!

Well said. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Looks sweet!

Smile

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Been playing PS1 to get my fix lately until I can play PS2.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    Same here Cas...and I'll throw in my ooh ahh and add a little DROOL! Lol ;)
  • yabilasyabilas Member Posts: 2

OHH AHHH!

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    They should of made a console version that plays on the same servers as the PC players. 
  • DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

The ending was super stupid. 

One soldier can start a fight? ANYONE can start a fight.

Size alway smatters? Keep it classy with the penis jokes.

Pathetic, Still looking forward to the game, But still very pathetic.

• SeanalexSeanalex Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by William12
    They should of made a console version that plays on the same servers as the PC players. 

They cannot make a console version that interacts with the PC version, It's just not possible, a console does not have the proper architecture to allow for scalability of this scope. Consoles are LUCKY to get 200 people in a single server, and the visuals tend to suffer immensely for it

Played - EQ 1/2, WoW, SWG, SWTOR, GW 1/2 UO, STO, CO, DCUO, AO, Rift.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Seanalex

They cannot make a console version that interacts with the PC version, It's just not possible, a console does not have the proper architecture to allow for scalability of this scope. Consoles are LUCKY to get 200 people in a single server, and the visuals tend to suffer immensely for it

This is sooo false. FFXIV is going to be playable on the Play Station 3 and the PC so no idea what you're talking about.

Smile

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Excellent trailer...  Almost as good as the horde of youtube gameplay videos...  Man I am so ready for beta.  I can't believe my sub accidentally cancelled in PS1 I could be playing right now.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    This is why I m looking forward to this game more then any game coming out now and soon. Can t top this all out action. Can t wait for the amazing bridge battles again :)
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Hehe, not my sort of game, but hat's off to SOE. Looks impressive.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SeanalexSeanalex Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Razeekster

This is sooo false. FFXIV is going to be playable on the Play Station 3 and the PC so no idea what you're talking about.

There's a huge difference between FFXIV, where there is no discernable physics engine what so ever, and Planetside 2 that expects to have 300-400 people on screen, with bullet physics, debris physics, vehicle physics, air physics, and the need to gather network data from ALL of those people to give you location, velocity, etc etc. So no it's not false it can not and will not happen.

Played - EQ 1/2, WoW, SWG, SWTOR, GW 1/2 UO, STO, CO, DCUO, AO, Rift.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

Should work great, PC FPSs are only about 50% more fast paced than console FPSs. No problem there.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Cant wait for this :)

As for allowing console players on as well, if it was possible it would be a lot of extra work.. Plus think about those poor poor console players with their controllers.. They would not stand a chance.. auto aim would ahve to be turned off as well..

I dont think anyone on a console would end up playing as they would nto be able to kill anyone..

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by Razeekster

You'll not get current gen consoles to run PS2 any where near to what it is on the Pc with the amount of players and things going on in one battle without stripping PS2 right down to max of 200 vs 200 max, and even that's pushing it for PS3. FFXIV comes not even close to putting as many players in one place to shoot it out in real time as PS2 does. You're comparing apples and oranges there. Current gen consoles hardware is so far behind the the last two generations of Pc tech it's a joke. The cost of my graphics card alone could buy you a PS3 and Xbox 360 together.

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Looks good in the trailer, but its still SOE, and after the way they ran PS1 in to the ground and left it to rot while still charging a sub to those loyal, im not sure I can stomach PS2 for them to do the same to me again in a few years time...
  • sgtalonsgtalon Member UncommonPosts: 129

I think it is amazing that all of that video was done with actual gameplay. 

Truly a beautiful game engine they have. I can't wait to see what they do with Everquest Next using this engine. 

SOE is definitely on a good path now. I am very excited for the future of PC gaming.

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by Ex0dUs101
    Looks good in the trailer, but its still SOE, and after the way they ran PS1 in to the ground and left it to rot while still charging a sub to those loyal, im not sure I can stomach PS2 for them to do the same to me again in a few years time...

Did you forget that PS2 is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    PS2 - think it's going to be a very big hit. Looks hugely impressive.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

This game is smokin' as it is and on top of that they are considering player built bases owned by outfits!

I boycotted Sony since 2005 but this free to play was just enough to draw me in, when those battles are hot it's like fighting on the surface of the sun!

A skill system that's a hybrid of EVE and Battlefield alongside the most massive warfare available on PC married with smooth up to date graphics and a REAL night and day cycle which will force a change in tactics and weapon configurations, this game has to be played by an self respecting gamer ... FACT!

As for Smedley ... for the moment I'm going to assume that his arsehole years are behind him (no pun intended) and he's got his SOE staff making games for gamers again, not just for his bank manager!

It seems there is an SOE game that's worth a damn again!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis