Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only the dead play World of Warcraft

Comments

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by Lucrecia
    Originally posted by tank017

I can just smell the hypocricy in this thread..

If Blizzard were to do something like this in their game,make some subtle jab at GW2..

all these people would be seething with rage, with dagger eyes pointed in all directions,the UMADBRO? meter would explode through the roof..

THAT is what I find funny.

If Blizzard did something like this in their game, I'll be right here laughing about it and making the same type of posts. Unlike some people on these forums I don't take these game vs game rivalries seriously.

WoW actually did something like this. There is a Zeppelin Master named Hin Denburg.

Valua!! A LOT of people died miserably and well before their time on that Hindenburg!  Quick...go inform Blizzard of how insensitive they are lest another joke about this tragedy is made!

I never said Blizzard hasn't done it either.

I'm not defending Blizzard with any of my posts.

I'm just pointing out that in my opinion ArenaNet has a very poor, and distasteful, sense of humour.

My opinion, it cannot be proven wrong, nothing you say will change that.

Get over it, move on.

Personally, I feel that you should write an official letter of complaint to Blizzard. You know, notarized and with a  proper letterhead, notifying them that you will not stand for their callous use of the Hindenburg disaster in their game.

A lot more people died there than they did because of WoW. Get your priorities straight, man.

Oh right, so because more people died in one incident it means that one is more important? 

I think you're the one who needs your priorities sorted.

Actually, yes it does mean that.

Edit: I think you should get a lawyer involved too. Just to cover all bases.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Yeah you are.  Keep it up.

Nope, copy and paste one thing I've said to defend Blizzard?

It's idiotic people like you that think I'm a massive WoW/Blizzard fan because I have a difference of opinion on Guild Wars 2.

Grow up, seriously.

You mean in this thread or the countless other ones where you defend Blizzard?  Do you REALLY want me to point them out?  I can look at your post history and find a ton on the first page.

You are a hypocrite, Blizzard could do the same thing but since you love WoW, you wouldn't dare say Blizzard's humor is in poor taste.  

But babies died and that's precisely what ANet was referencing while they laughed and threw darts and pictures of dead babies.  You grow up.  It's people like you that have made everything politically correct.

I'm a fan of both games actually, if you went through my post history you'd find that out.

But no, you judged me as a WoW fan based on this thread, in which I have never defended Blizzard.

Also yes I can say Blizzard has poor taste in humour, and I already have earlier on in this thread.

Your post was pointless.

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

If Blizzard were to do something like this in their game,make some subtle jab at GW2..

all these people would be seething with rage, with dagger eyes pointed in all directions,the UMADBRO? meter would explode through the roof..

If Blizzard did something like this in their game, I'll be right here laughing about it and making the same type of posts. Unlike some people on these forums I don't take these game vs game rivalries seriously.

WoW actually did something like this. There is a Zeppelin Master named Hin Denburg.

Valua!! A LOT of people died miserably and well before their time on that Hindenburg!  Quick...go inform Blizzard of how insensitive they are lest another joke about this tragedy is made!

I'm just pointing out that in my opinion ArenaNet has a very poor, and distasteful, sense of humour.

Get over it, move on.

Personally, I feel that you should write an official letter of complaint to Blizzard. You know, notarized and with a  proper letterhead, notifying them that you will not stand for their callous use of the Hindenburg disaster in their game.

A lot more people died there than they did because of WoW. Get your priorities straight, man.

Oh right, so because more people died in one incident it means that one is more important? 

You need to start adding "In my opinion" rather than spewing your crap around sounding like facts.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    For how many signs, buildings and gravestones GW2 has with writing in New Krytan they should add them as hidden points if interest. They wouldn't show up on your map until you typed the translation in the /say channel while standing near the words.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    I just want to chime in to tell the over sensitive folks here that nobody died here, the tomb is fake, it's pixels on a screen in a video game... You know, the same pixels that make the thousands of living beings you are going to mercilessly slaughter in the same game... :-P
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Get over it, move on.

You need to start adding "In my opinion" rather than spewing your crap around sounding like facts.

Right back at you, my dude.

If you need a decent lawyer and you live in NYC, I can hook you up with a guy, he'll make you some serious money. By the time he's done with Blizzard, they will be paying you for emotional damages caused by their heartless use of Hindenburg as a joke.

Edit: my boy is a monster, seriously, let me know. I got you.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Your post was pointless.

All the posts trying to make you see how ridiculous your statement was are pointless too.  It all flies over your head, you obviously don't get satire.  Blizzard's sense of humor isn't in bad taste either, heartless's posts are mocking your comments slandering ANet.

A.) I don't think ANYone cares about the message's significance to world events but you.

B.) ANet did not purposely make fun of dead children as you seem to be implying with your Batman: Dark Knight Rises analogy.  

I'd be hard pressed to get you to admit that you said something that made a lot of people roll their eyes at you, but it's the truth and I'm done.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Dawnstar

Having taken a look at headlines on a search of this topic, I find a number of references to children dying of neglect from parents who play WoW.  What this means is that it is the PARENT'S fault, not WoW.  Therefore, Valua's argument doesn't seem to hold water...

http://www.google.com/search?q=babies+die+playing+wow&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

My point still stands that people have died, teenagers, and children due to WoW.

The baby was due to parents, as I have said further back, yet there have been many more deaths relating to WoW.

All that proves is people are just dying to play WoW... *Insert rim shot*

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

Man this thread found all of the member without a sense of humor.

If they are all WOW fans, which appears to be the case, I am happy I am no longer a member of that stick in the butt community.

Yank the stick out people, laugh a little. It is just a game. That is all we talk about around here fun and games. Stop taking the fun away!

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Everything about this, from the screenshot to this thread, is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Well, some of that could be the rum. But still, good stuff. *toast* Carry on.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Actually, if you look closer, Valua is right. Maybe ArenaNet did go overboard.

Right click and open in new tab if difficult to see.

Originally posted by colddog04

I think that we should start a White House petition.

Those ruthless bastards...

We need to put a stop to this. Who's with me?

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Hmmm...I bet Anet shoved all the babies together in one shoebox too....one baby-sized shoebox. ANET Y U HARTLISS?

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Everything about this, from the screenshot to this thread, is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Well, some of that could be the rum. But still, good stuff. *toast* Carry on.

Lucky you, all I have is some Busch beer.

(on a side note, I was in a store once with a friend of mine, She was standing by the Busch beer and I yell out to her with out thinking, "How much for some busch?" )

Hmmm...I bet Anet shoved all the babies together in one shoebox too....one baby-sized shoebox. ANET Y U HARTLISS?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Oh God HAHAHAHAHA....... damn it, uncle dolan.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Are you UMADBRO?

You know that translates to "Are you you mad bro?" right?

I stopped, long ago, trying to correct people in these cases.  People get defensive and hurt.. When all I am trying to do is help people not 'sound' like idiots.  Mainly with the "you're"/"your", etc.. but whatever.

Oh and neat thread.  And stuff.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Are you UMADBRO?

You know that translates to "Are you you mad bro?" right?

true true you got me ha ha

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Oh God HAHAHAHAHA....... damn it, uncle dolan.

He is the hero we need but not necessarily the hero we deserve.

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    I just want to chime in to tell the over sensitive folks here that nobody died here, the tomb is fake, it's pixels on a screen in a video game... You know, the same pixels that make the thousands of living beings you are going to mercilessly slaughter in the same game... :-P

Like.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by bcbully
    So GW2 is the WoW killer?

For me and my friends it has killed every game we were playing before the first BWE

• LuxthorLuxthor Member Posts: 171
    Message to Anet: Look before you leap.

---
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by vesuvias
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    Originally posted by Alot

In the image below you can see a gravestone with some sort of symbols carved into.

http://www.chroniclesoftyria.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/I-played-WoW-and-look-at-me-now.If-only-I-had-been-like-you-and-stuck-to-playing-GW2.1.jpg

These symbols come from the New Krytan alphabet and when translated you get:

"I played WoW and look at me now,
    if only I had been like you and stuck to playing Guild Wars 2."

Credits go to Jalinar for translating.
    Credits go to ANet for making this happen.
    Credits go to Alot for creating such a sensationalist thread.
    Credits go to littleXuro for ninja'ing me by 14 minutes.
    Credits go to (input name of easily enraged GW2 hater) for making this thread live (and die).

Well, to learn that only the dead play WOW is a great relief to me. First trade chat, barrens chat, and that cyber bar on Moonguard all make sense now. Second, it looks like only about 10 million people went to hell and they are mostly Asian so my chances of landing in a good spot after the coffin are actually pretty good now.

I mentioned this in a similar thread on guru. The joke is not saying that only the Dead play WOW.

It's a refrence to WoW's death penalty and a contrast to GW2's lack of one. If you'd play WoW and die you are stuck as a ghost wandering around until you find your TOMBSTONE. If you play GW2 and die you can port back to waypoint and you don't have to go find your tombstone. That's the joke. It's a jab at the WoW's death penalty and saying that it is inferior to GW2's in terms of actually playing the fun parts of the game.

I know this. But then you just had to go and over think the funny... O.o

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

You have to remember people HAVE actually died playing WoW, including children and babies, so making jokes about it doesn't really appeal to me.

Oh for frack's sake....

I second that...Oh for frack's sake.

Edited to be Mod-friendly.

I prefer the term Frell as in "Oh for Frell's sake...." :)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Cromica
    Originally posted by bcbully
    So GW2 is the WoW killer?

For me and my friends it has killed every game we were playing before the first BWE

Same here, every mmo that is. RPG's still remain strong with Skyrim and the witcher 2.

Altho some of my friends were fans of other titles by EA and those titles didn't really pan out so they decided they would rebel against enjoying GW2 because I and others like me found extreme flaws in the design of EA's mmo.