Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet never ceases to amaze me

pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

here I am searching gw2 guru forums after 10 pm and stumbling upon this:

OKAY SINCE MOST OF YOU DONT SEE IT I WAS REFERRING TO HOW LATE THESE DEVELOPERS STAY UP TILL TO READ FAN FEEDBACK

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382
    What about it? Devs having accounts on GW2guru isn't new or anything like that.

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    What you have to realize is that most of those devs are all gamers. Like not gamers from the 90s , but present day gamers.
  • pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    Originally posted by romanator0

look at the time..

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    What am I supposed to be looking at? Is it amazing that one of their designers frequents a Guild Wars 2 fansite? Am I missing something?
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by pacov
    here I am searching gw2 guru forums after 10 pm and stumbling

was alcohol involved ?!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by pacov
    Originally posted by romanator0

look at the time..

THEy actually admitted long time ago that the Guru is their main source of fan information

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

because 10:47pm is really burning the midnight oil....

You guys do realize most game devs work 60-80 hour weeks on average

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

A 31 year old using a computer at 10:47 at night?

AMAZING

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

You saw a GW2 developer online at gw2guru and (arriba arriba'd) over here to post about it.  What am I missing?

edit: switched arriba for ran

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219
    Colin is the lead content designer of GW2. It's impressive because he's active on the forum even it's 10:47PM. I haven't seen any developer this dedicated to their product.
  • rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    amazing
    Originally posted by lightblade
    Colin is the lead content designer of GW2. It's impressive because he's active on the forum even it's 10:47PM. I haven't seen any developer this dedicated to their product.

me neither :) btw he is still on and I will stay up as long as he does!

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    To all those asking whats the point of this pic, well how many devs do you know actually browse fan sites and post/comment there regularly.
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by yaoming36
    To all those asking whats the point of this pic, well how many devs do you know actually browse fan sites and post/comment there regularly.

I can't say I've ever bothered to check.

Anet fanboys are a weird bunch.

Originally posted by SuperXero89
    Originally posted by yaoming36

I can't say I've ever bothered to check.

Anet fanboys are a weird bunch.

yeah because reading fan forums and noticing a game developer online at that same forum defines weird... its not like i've been actively searching for him or anything... i swear...

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by lightblade

Isn't stalking a crime?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I thought there was some crazy thing in the pic that I was missing. Like boobies. Or the face of Jesus. I think that it's nice that one of the designers is gettin' down and dirty with the fans. I'm just not so sure it's newsworthy untill he actually says something interesting about the game.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by colddog04
    I thought there was some crazy thing in the pic that I was missing. Like boobies. Or the face of Jesus. I think that it's nice that one of the designers is gettin' down and dirty with the fans. I'm just not so sure it's newsworthy untill he actually says something interesting about the game.

The BBC news website does this frequently.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    That's not really amazing. I think what was truly amazing was when ArenaNet devs took the time to answer hundreds of questions, queries and feedback on the beta forums, during each of the beta weekend events. I remember just spending the days after the BWEs just reading the dev tracker on the beta forums and it's also nice that the devs have a sense of humour. image

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

This thread is just a self-confession of just how over-hyped the OP is.

I hope the game meets most of your expectations or you are going to need a parachute when you fall off the hype-machine.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Skuz

This thread is just a self-confession of just how over-hyped the OP is.

I hope the game meets most of your expectations or you are going to need a parachute when you fall off the hype-machine.

Can't you just sit back and enjoy SWOTOR?

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by colddog04

the face of Jesus made me laugh xD

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Fanboys are easily amazed, not surprised.
  • KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94
    I am in awe.  Words cannot describe how awesome that guy is.  What's next, is he going to sleep in a little later than normal on the weekend?!  Oh what will ArenaNet do next?

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

err OP are you for real.. how is it this game has got so many people super super super hyped up about it..

I have tested this game yes its a good fantasy themepark MMORPG one of the better ones out there but come on its not super super super amazing like people are making out LOL..

Its like the devs have put some subliminal drug into the game to get people all hyped up haha..

I mean come on posting on here going wow look how amazing this is a dev on his forums at 10.30ish at night.. What do you expect the game is to be released very soon and there was a stress test last night as well..