Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only the dead play World of Warcraft

Comments

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Eir_S

You have to remember people HAVE actually died playing WoW, including children and babies, so making jokes about it doesn't really appeal to me.

Oh for fuck's sake....

I know, I read that and just facepalmed. Dead babies... ArenaNet has gone too far and made fun of dead babies.

Except they actually have.

You're quite heartless and stick to still find this funny after the actual death's relating to WoW.

I'm seriously hoping it's photoshopped, otherwise this is very poor taste in humour from ArenaNet.

Get real. I mean seriously. People died from many activities, from food to sports to wars to playing videos and watching TV. Should we just stop joking about everything?

You know what the problem with this world is? Overly sensitive people.

And yes, I am quite heartless, thank you for noticing.

If the tombstone said "I went to watch the Dark Knight Rises, now look at me" would you consider that funny also? 

You might argue that one was murder, the other was neglect of the child, but death is death at the end of the day.

Clearly this thread is filled with heartless people, or people who didn't know about death's relating to WoW.

Any activity you can think off and chances are someone has died from it. Stop being so sensitive and grow up, seriously.

BTW, the child didn't die because WoW killed him. The child died because he had negligent parents.

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

You have to remember people HAVE actually died playing WoW, including children and babies, so making jokes about it doesn't really appeal to me.

Oh for fuck's sake....

I know, I read that and just facepalmed. Dead babies... ArenaNet has gone too far and made fun of dead babies.

You're quite heartless and stick to still find this funny after the actual death's relating to WoW.

I'm seriously hoping it's photoshopped, otherwise this is very poor taste in humour from ArenaNet.

Get real. I mean seriously. People died from many activities, from food to sports to wars to playing videos and watching TV. Should we just stop joking about everything?

If the tombstone said "I went to watch the Dark Knight Rises, now look at me" would you consider that funny also? 

You might argue that one was murder, the other was neglect of the child, but death is death at the end of the day.

Clearly this thread is filled with heartless people, or people who didn't know about death's relating to WoW.

I almost took you seriously, than I glanced below your post.  Your signature shows you as a necromancer.  What does it say?  Oh you like to not only watch your victims die but also suffer?  And you are calling some artist's vague joke out?  Please.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Oh for fuck's sake....

Any activity you can think off and chances are someone has died from it. Stop being so sensitive and grow up, seriously.

And yet you don't see any other companies trying to make a joke out of activities in which people have died? 

I'll alter your sentence to reflect you - "Stop being so insentitive and grow up, seriously."

• JohabohaJohaboha Member Posts: 20
    Jokes on GW2 and Anet, they will never sell as many copies of their game, nor will they ever make 1/10 the money blizzard makes off of wow, in one month.  

Oh for fuck's sake....

And yet you don't see any other companies trying to make a joke out of activities in which people have died? 

I'll alter your sentence to reflect you - "Stop being so insentitive and grow up, seriously."

Really? I think you need to actually go out a bit more and pay attention to the things around you. People and companies make fun of death all the time. I positively cannot stand people who take offense at the slightest things. You want to stand up for something? Feed some starving kids in Africa. This is so petty it's not even funny and borders on trolling. I'm done with you, welcome to the list.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by Finit

Oh for fuck's sake....

I almost took you seriously, than I glanced below your post.  Your signature shows you as a necromancer.  What does it say?  Oh you like to not only watch your victims die but also suffer?  And you are calling some artist's vague joke out?  Please.

I never took him seriously...but yeah...the irony!

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520

Oh for fuck's sake....

Really? I think you need to actually go out a bit more and pay attention to the things around you. People and companies make fun of death all the time. I positively cannot stand people who take offense at the slightest things. You want to stand up for something? Feed some starving kids in Africa. This is so petty it's not even funny and borders on trolling. I'm done with you, welcome to the list.

Thank you for adding me to "the list."

Defend Guild Wars as much as you want, you're not going to change my opinion on distasteful humour.

You might find it funny, I do not. Get over it.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by vesuvias

Holy Crap. This is just a simply light hearted jab at the WoW In-GAME death penalty. Where you wander around looking for your tombstone when you die. It was absolutly not a refrence to real-life deaths from video game addiction. 

Let me break down:

"I played WoW and look at me now" - he's now a ghost wandering around looking for the tombstone you're reading

"if only I had been like you and stuck to playing Guild Wars 2." - if he was playing GW2 he wouldn't be a ghost wandering around looking for his tombstone. He'd/She'd be playing the game.

It most certianly isn't a cold hearted refrence to real deaths....

You've got to admit that the feigned indignation and wild conspiracy theories people have dreamed up are almost as funny as the actual meaning of this harmless and clever easter egg.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Defend Guild Wars as much as you want, you're not going to change my opinion on distasteful humour.

I find your sig tasteless and offensive. It mocks people that have been tortured and promotes the spread of pure evil. I am shocked by your heartless sig. I don't see any other people's sigs mocking those that are tortured. Stop being so insensitive and grow up, seriously.

If someone's sig said, "people in Nazi Germany deserved to be tortured," would you consider that funny also?

I'm seriously hoping you photoshop it, otherwise this is very poor taste in humour from you. You might find it fun or interesting to have it, but I do not. Get over it.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Very good advertising we should call it.

One poster said at one point that there could be like 4 person to be able to translate the text.

And there you find someone that post the answer!!!!!

Coïncidence????

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Oh for fuck's sake....

That's an asinine comparison, ANet didn't specifically choose a horrible event to mock, it was a joke.  A JOKE.  [mod edit]

Like someone else said, are we going to stop joking about everything because of sensitive people like you?  Nope.  [mod edit]

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Seriously, does no one else see this as cheesy. im waiting for them to stand up and say "this isnt Azeroth anymore" like rift did.

Yes, I find it to be extra cheesy and lame. A major turn-off.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Only the dead play World of Warcraft....

.....and the dead.....

.....keeep iiiiit!

I find your sig tasteless and offensive. It mocks people that have been tortured and promotes the spread of pure evil. I am shocked by your heartless sig. I don't see any other people's sigs mocking those that are tortured. Stop being so insensitive and grow up, seriously.

If someone's sig said, "people in Nazi Germany deserved to be tortured," would you consider that funny also?

I'm seriously hoping you photoshop it, otherwise this is very poor taste in humour from you. You might find it fun or interesting to have it, but I do not. Get over it.

You, sir! You are today's winner of the internets! I tip my hat to you and raise my monocle.

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Oh for fuck's sake....

That's an asinine comparison, ANet didn't specifically choose a horrible event to mock, it was a joke.  A JOKE.  [mod edit]

Like someone else said, are we going to stop joking about everything because of sensitive people like you?  Nope.  [mod edit]

I'd like to know how babies played WoW....

• DawnstarDawnstar Member UncommonPosts: 207

Having taken a look at headlines on a search of this topic, I find a number of references to children dying of neglect from parents who play WoW.  What this means is that it is the PARENT'S fault, not WoW.  Therefore, Valua's argument doesn't seem to hold water...

http://www.google.com/search?q=babies+die+playing+wow&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Yet another game implying they are a wow killer. 
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Oh for fuck's sake....

Yeah well we find it funny, you do not. Get over it.

I'm agreeing that you over sensitive, it sounds like your making us out to be people killing babies. we are not, we are simply taking a joke and realizing that its a joke. saying that we are the ones who need to grow up is hypocritial. we are not imature enough to me rattled by a simple joke, you however have shown otherwise.

If you can't handle a conversation which touchy subjects may be discussed then you are not fit to be in the discussion. does that mean we should tailor our posts so your not angery. no, if anything you need to grow up abit and not argue and fight a difference in opinions using insults.

I thank you.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I can just smell the hypocricy in this thread..

If Blizzard were to do something like this in their game,make some subtle jab at GW2..

all these people would be seething with rage, with dagger eyes pointed in all directions,the UMADBRO? meter would explode through the roof..

THAT is what I find funny.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by tank017

If Blizzard were to do something like this in their game,make some subtle jab at GW2..

all these people would be seething with rage, with dagger eyes pointed in all directions,the UMADBRO? meter would explode through the roof..

Are you UMADBRO?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Varthander
    is that legal? to introduce such messages in a game, blaming other i mean, because dont seems so.

I'm pretty sure that South Park didn't get sued for the episode on WoW.

You mean the episode that Blizzard helped them make? COME ON!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Are you UMADBRO?

You know that translates to "Are you you mad bro?" right?

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Yet another game implying they are a wow killer. 

Just wait 3 months, it's gonna be a great show.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

You should have seen the angst filled cries when Blizzard dared to have a patch. (Literally just a patch) around the release of GW2. As if a patch is in anyway going to hurt GW2's launch. But you would have thought it was the 'End of the World" hehe.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Are you UMADBRO?

your typo killed it brah..

and no,I said it was funny after all..image