Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: 'Early 2013' & New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have released a brand new Neverwinter trailer. The trailer was released during Gamescom 2012 and gives fans a look at the lore behind the upcoming game.

PWE also has confirmed that Neverwinter will see an "early 2013" release.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Sooooo much better than previous trailers.

Those animations still look stiffer than a teenage boy at the playboy mansion, tho...

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Does not inspire confidence.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Ugh, that's pretty boring and corny. Hopefully, gameplay will be better.
  • Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Looking forward to all the NWN Lore in the game...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    game looks a fail to me
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I didn't like this trailer at all.  The last trailer and the last game convention footage were better than this by a long shot.  Hope the game isn't going backwards in development.   Cryptic, yeah I know it's perfect world now, but same devs from Cryptic, tend to make fun games in beta and then somewhere along the line at launch or near it drop the ball.  This happened in CO and STO, I was having a blast playing them in beta and then launch day patches changed the feel of the game so much, they became boring and unfun to play.  Hope they don't do the same with this one.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    They should just post gameplay footage. That was way more interesting and enjoyable to see than this trailer, one word: underwhelming.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Looks awesome to me. I love everything Neverwinter.
  • BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75
    II gave up on this game when they said their most 'hardcore' content was really long single group runs. ugh.
  • AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I thought NWN2 was pretty cool but I never really found a server I liked to play on.  This game... Well...  Looks like it may have been good if it were released 6-8 years ago.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    Looks pretty good, much better than previous trailers tbh.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Not feeling impressed.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by elocke
    I didn't like this trailer at all.  The last trailer and the last game convention footage were better than this by a long shot.  Hope the game isn't going backwards in development.   Cryptic, yeah I know it's perfect world now, but same devs from Cryptic, tend to make fun games in beta and then somewhere along the line at launch or near it drop the ball.  This happened in CO and STO, I was having a blast playing them in beta and then launch day patches changed the feel of the game so much, they became boring and unfun to play.  Hope they don't do the same with this one.

That's because Cryptic's idea of balanced game play ends up being boring, uninspired and frankly, not fun.  They end up being their own worst enemy once they start wielding the nerf hammer and spouting headstrong  and tone deaf nonsense about the "health of the game".

• kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

I can't believe there is anyone exited about this game.

It's F2P

Lobby based

developed by Cryptic

what else do you need?

Instead of raping another IP, NWN should stay as a single player RPG with player made mods & content, with optional online & co-op.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Since it is PW you will have to be a confidant of the item shop to play this game, despite silly protestations that you can play it for free.  No PW game is ever free.
  • jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by kol56

I can't believe there is anyone exited about this game.

It's F2P

F2P no longer means its automatically a bad game...figuring people are RAVING for GW2 (sure you buy the box, but there is no sub and there is still micro transactions) Planetside 2 is also F2P

Lobby based

Where are you gettting your information?  Hands-on out of E3 state the opposite.

developed by Cryptic

Yes they have made huge mistakes, but regardless of what all the "im so different I;m going to follow everyone else" hipster crowd says, STO have come a long way from release.  It is far superior in fun then P2P games like SWTOR.

what else do you need?

Instead of raping another IP, NWN should stay as a single player RPG with player made mods & content, with optional online & co-op.

NWN was for the most part NOT as amazing as everyone wants to make it out to be.  Aside from Biowares story telling, the games are generally boring as hell to play.  User content helped alot, but in case you have not noticed, that is the main selling point of Neverwinter.

The Foundry in STO is the single most under-appreciated yet important advance in modern MMO gaming, hands down.  Even as a mainly "test" version that is in STO (The Neverwinter version is supposed to be more refined) it is a powerful way for talented people to tell a good story.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    To be honest I have been following this game sense it was announced in 09 and can't wait to get my hands on it as the poster above said the Foundry in STO is amazing as it is and with it being in NWN's that will be cool and if some of the people from STO come over and make stuff here be in for a big flood of content that will last.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Wow, poor Neverwinter...this franchise has done nothing but diminish since BioWare and the first version....now BioWRe are a joke and the newest Neverwinter just looks cheap and cheesy....what the hell happened to the universe!?

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    The forge will make this game awesome.. Plus its F2P, can't complain about the delay, makes sense...
  • xtrabulletsxtrabullets Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Looks like shit... Dated and horrible animations *yawn* ...so much for immersion..save your money Cryptic and scrap this heap and fire all associated with its creation...

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Oh wow this looks like a big pile of shit.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Sooooo much better than previous trailers.

Those animations still look stiffer than a teenage boy at the playboy mansion, tho...

have to agree there about the animations, it doesn't look as smooth for the other classes as it did in the con showing how the thief gameplay looked. maybe some glitch hopefully.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Is it just me, or did they recycle the CO animations? Hm. Can't make up my mind about this. Looks a bit outdated tbh. Well, if lore and setting are good...

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    it does look dated but if its fun ill play it :)
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by jedensuscg

NWN was for the most part NOT as amazing as everyone wants to make it out to be.  Aside from Biowares story telling, the games are generally boring as hell to play.  User content helped alot, but in case you have not noticed, that is the main selling point of Neverwinter.

The Foundry in STO is the single most under-appreciated yet important advance in modern MMO gaming, hands down.  Even as a mainly "test" version that is in STO (The Neverwinter version is supposed to be more refined) it is a powerful way for talented people to tell a good story.

This.

Foundry rocks, and if the former NWN community starts adding user-generated content, Nevetwinter could be an awesome game. (although I ithink it will be good by default, sorry but I trust in Cryptic :) I like their games)