Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWIIonline is NOW FREE2play (and its been amazing best FTP model ever)

Comments

• ScottmanScottman Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by RDNZL
    Originally posted by Scottman
    Originally posted by axishatr

No matter how many free losers you get in game it boils down to how many of them are dumb enough to drop $18/month and support CRS's terrible planning and inability to run a business.

If they don't sign up and pay it is still over.  Right now all you have is a bunch of free loaders using your toliets, drinking the free drinks, and parking all over your yards.......and as of yet have not purchased a meal or "show" ticket.

Numbers are an illusion and will not hold.  Either from lack of interest or CRS will completely fold due to no one subing and PAYING $18!!

LOWER THE SUB COSTS NOW!!!!

$18 is to much.

Signing a cell phone like contract for a whole year commitment.......BITE ME!

Agree 100% about the monthy sub cost.

But, as far as the free play option I look at it a lil diffrently.

Its more of a gift to the ww2online playerbase.This game plays better the more that are playing it. And free play has filled the servers once again back when the game had its golden era.The only diffrence now is that the game has MORE features and most people NOW play infantry.

Now even if 10 percent of these f2p players go for the silly cell phone like contract they only going to pay 129.00 for an entire year (I dont like the contract thingy either but I have after seeing the f2p be such a hit I did sub up for the year)

And I mostly play rifleman anyways (but I like to post missions so I have my own Fru (Field Resupply Unit or Moveable spawnpoint that will resupply your ammo)

In my opinion even if no free to play players sub up (and we both know some will) it still makes the game a hoot to play with all the new targets to shoot at

And yes 18 a month is too much but they said they are working on that problem too

Yeah, and that's probably how DOC sees it as well. :/ Instead of seeing this F2P hype as an awesome chance at bringing in extra income he sees it as his get out of jail free card so you subscribers don't leave and continue paying the $18 a month / cell phone plans.

I just hope he's quick enough to address the monthly rates / whatever he intends to do. Do it now while the going is good.. not later as an after though. This game needs more than just fresh boots in the game.

But I wouldn't get too happy with these numbers, though. These free-to-play recruits are mostly glorified trial users who for the most part have no clue what they're doing or even how to play. Like you said they're just extra targets for you subscribers to shoot at. So, really, they're just meatbags.. in the end how fun can that really be? I don't imagine there's going to be a lot people sticking around just to play rifle/SMG accounts. Or am I wrong? I'd say you know more than I since you're playing. image

I dont view the FTPs as meat bags they have access to one of the most overlooked and powerfull unit (the rifleman) in the game.

The smg is the opposite side of the spectrum ...its close quarters while great in town fighting is CRAP where the fight is deceided which is outside of town

To me its a great FTP model. It allows New players access to very awesome units that can make a diffrence on the battle field

Yet while guys that play mostly rifleman (like me) still need to have active subs if they want to be mission makers and mission leaders ...its realy a genius move. 

• battleubattleu Member UncommonPosts: 18

bunch of retarded man-chilren here. 

the game still has thousands of subscribers. it's lasted over 10 years on the competitive MMO. it is the most accomplished FPS MMO in the history of video games. period.

/BAR

• pittpetepittpete Member Posts: 233

Wow,sounds like a bunch of badly hurt ex WWII Online players in here.

"Yes, Lionel, you have been hurt, I feel your pain!, who hurt you? who hurt you? who hurt you, who hurt you"

But anyway,

Game sub is high

The game is what you make of it.

You either play it and enjoy it or don't and unsub

Why such contempt for a game?

I take my wife and 2 kids to Coldstone for icecream and it costs over $20

For under $20 I play a game for a month with a great group of squadmates

If I dont feel like playing I unsub, but I always come back.

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by pittpete

Wow,sounds like a bunch of badly hurt ex WWII Online players in here.

"Yes, Lionel, you have been hurt, I feel your pain!, who hurt you? who hurt you? who hurt you, who hurt you"

But anyway,

Game sub is high

The game is what you make of it.

You either play it and enjoy it or don't and unsub

Why such contempt for a game?

I take my wife and 2 kids to Coldstone for icecream and it costs over $20

For under $20 I play a game for a month with a great group of squadmates

If I dont feel like playing I unsub, but I always come back.

Wow, sounds like a HC/AO/TOE supporter one of the same fellows that drug this game into the crapper in the first place with their blind support of CRS. Tell me Mr. high and mighty did the rats ever honor the promises for game design and direction that they put forth in thier first road map? No really you dont say and here they are now talking about players should beleive them with this road map because this time they will really do it  double pinky swear honest.

Pfft you guys kill me you talk about cash and subs and assume players are ticked its because of the $18 dollar amount. When in reality most of these players would pay that amount if only the Rats did what they promised and not leave the players out to dry. Takes alot to tick off guys who supported this game for almost a decade with only the promise of a better future but the rats found a way kudos to them.

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

Two users with only 1 and 3 posts total showing utterly blind support for a company that's about as incompetent and deceptive as they come.

I'm calling it now: they're Rat employee's.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by TGSOL

Two users with only 1 and 3 posts total showing utterly blind support for a company that's about as incompetent and deceptive as they come.

if you think their desperate now, just wait till Planetside 2 hits...image

it is always a bit suspicious when you get 'new posters' though i guess benefit of the doubt should come in there somewhere, i mean, everyone has to start somewhere after all.image

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by TGSOL

They cant be Rat employees, CRS cant afford to pay people now, let alone to pay them to do this.

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by battleu

the game still has thousands of subscribers. it's lasted over 10 years on the competitive MMO. it is the most accomplished FPS MMO in the history of video games. period.

/BAR

Misspelled children.

DOC, if your going to create an alt MMORPG forum account name you should get away from the three letter names.    So WWIIOL still has 1000s of subscribers, prove it.   Hell I have seen more people in WURM Online and Starquest online than in WWIIOL prior to this F2P option, that should have came out 6 years ago when it was first suggested.

CRS had a good idea they just dropped the ball on it, and then kicked it around instead of picking it up and running with it.

Been a member here for 2 years so little kiddies you're wrong.

Not a giant CRS supporter.

I hate TOES & AO's

Im an oldtimer from 2003.

The point Im making is if Im not having fun I unsub and stop playing.

I was part of 3rd PZG and we used to roll the map.

Let people try the game and come to their own conclusions instead of bashing it because of personal hatred for a company.

I think DOC is a douche and treats people like garbage but should I stop playing a game Im currently enjoying because of 1 bad apple?

Originally posted by pittpete

Been a member here for 2 years so little kiddies you're wrong.

Not a giant CRS supporter.

I hate TOES & AO's

Im an oldtimer from 2003.

The point Im making is if Im not having fun I unsub and stop playing.

I was part of 3rd PZG and we used to roll the map.

Let people try the game and come to their own conclusions instead of bashing it because of personal hatred for a company.

I think DOC is a douche and treats people like garbage but should I stop playing a game Im currently enjoying because of 1 bad apple?

Good for you.

I am a former Day 1 WWIIOL player and 1st Falschirmjager officer.

Oh wait thats not the point of the thread.

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85

/BAR

You have no right calling anyone retarded for voicing their views, no the game does not have thousands of paying subs, CRS have admitted them self that they are in trouble and need RA to be successful, they suspended the builders program for a reason (they are not sure if this games goin to last)

I tell you what though do what you do best,keep donating $$$$ for every "drive" they do. The games stagnant and with a players such as yourself. I can clearly see why

Wow, an officer in an online game?

My apologizes sir :-b

What is/was the point of this thread?

I'll remind you

"I tried it since they have gone free to play and it has the feeling it had when I first logged in may years ago game seems full of people again LOTS of targets most of them infantry (free to play rifleman and smg) Ive been seeing so many targets (and killing them) that I think they are going to have to increase the supply of them cause we are actually attriting alot of the infantry brigades." 

Free to play,thats right and if you havn't played lately than you dont know what gameplay is like,do you?

No, your hatred for this game and its developers made you worse than a scorned ex-girlfriend.

Am I close?

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I will have to pass. F2P.. yeah only new accounts. Old account cannot do F2P, and if you just want month to month you pay $17.99  a month. That is crazy, it never was that great of a game. They want me back, they need to allow everyone to do F2P and lower the month to month price.
    Originally posted by SunYam
    I will have to pass. F2P.. yeah only new accounts. Old account cannot do F2P, and if you just want month to month you pay $17.99  a month. That is crazy, it never was that great of a game. They want me back, they need to allow everyone to do F2P and lower the month to month price.

Make a new account and check out the game as a new player ...this is what I did

I found the tutorial very helpfull ,But picked the wrong mission in the wrong town and was camped like crazy (Mission leader should have said something) I eventually made it out wasting much equipment but when mission leader logged and made me ML I built a fru laid some .orders and kicked some french arse :)

I think if you liked the game enough to play it back when EVERYONE was a tank stead of and infantry is really really missing out if you dont at least try the game again

Slum it as a rifleman it aint that bad ...ya might just have fun again (like I am) Give it a good week try It nothing to lose but time (and since most other mmo's suck at the momement there aint much choice out there) This mmo is diffrent then most it rewards skill rather than TIME Invested and very refreshing in my opinion

• RobbHoodRobbHood Member Posts: 58

The game is am empty shell of it's former self.  So many wrong turns, brought on, in a big part I imagine, by the arrogance of DOC.

I hope it just goes away so I can forget about it.  It was once a great thing, 10 years ago. It just never kept up with the tech, and the road map from CRS was a winding trail that led to a cliff.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I'm a huge fan of planetside so I have always wanted to give this game a shot I will download it today.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Been playing for the better part of 10 plus years and when I report someone as cheating/hacking I dont expect to be RED GM TEXTED WARNED that IM THE PROBLEM ...I expect you to WARN THE FING CHEATER

CRS needs to get ahold of over zealous gms

Sad a great idea ruined by CRS once again (shakes head @ this CRS ) You need to control your GMs better Ive been threatened with being kicked for saying "DAM" (correct spelling BTW is DAMN) Review you GM policy as is it SUCKS

And kiss my ARSE!.....:)

• battleubattleu Member UncommonPosts: 18

This is not DOC, this is Bar. I am in no way affiliated with CRS. I haven't posted on this site very often, sorry that brings into questions my 'e-cred.' I am on of the biggest critics of CRS and have been banned for my behavior many times, twice for over a year. Also, I don't give a flying fork if you are a day one player. Many of us are, but again, I don't care when you started playing.

That all being said, I have nothing for respect for the company. They have made bad decisions, but nothing they've done has been with the intent of malicously ruining YOUR fun. You are not important to them as the individual, the good of the game is. The game would be dead without the decision they've made to create sustainability. The game has survived over 10 years, so making fun of how much of a FAILURE it is is an absolute joke.

Get off your "CRS did me wrong" soap box. The game is still fun for thousands of players. The game is opening its doors to more players, trying to keep the game alive. Why do you want it do die? Why act so malicously? How does it affect you?

Hodo, you are tool. Name calling? Hell yes, I'm Bar after all. 

Shut up man child.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Wow, I think I am going to check this out. I have not played this since it launched all those moons ago.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Scottman

Been playing for the better part of 10 plus years and when I report someone as cheating/hacking I dont expect to be RED GM TEXTED WARNED that IM THE PROBLEM ...I expect you to WARN THE FING CHEATER

CRS needs to get ahold of over zealous gms

Sad a great idea ruined by CRS once again (shakes head @ this CRS ) You need to control your GMs better Ive been threatened with being kicked for saying "DAM" (correct spelling BTW is DAMN) Review you GM policy as is it SUCKS

And kiss my ARSE!.....:)

Woof! Took you ten years to get this upset? And you kept paying all this time? Yowzers...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

WW2 online is a great Idee but the game sucks so hard.

I have tried it a couple of times but it sucks so hard.

I wish someone else could come up and do this game allover again but good this time then it would be the only game I would play.

// Beelze

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

as someone who had the old installer cds but never played. 

what exactly can a free player do?? seeing as its just a grunt class.  are you limited in what you can use during play?

example in red orcastra as a foot slogger i can jump in a tank or pick up a AT weapon and hunt tanks or drop my starter rifle for a scoped one.

are you able to do that in ww2 as well? (aka drop your starting kit for other kits laying around or are you 100% locked to that kit for the duration of play)

the game sounded interesting even though its graphics look extremely dated to the commen status-quo now.  but im just curious if a free player is able to loot other kits from dead guys. should that rifleman get stuck fighting a tank in a city. 

other games iv tried fighting a tank with grenades and bullets... lets just say it never ends well :/

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

/BAR

Planetside would like to have a word with you, sir.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    You are what you spawn in as.
  • StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by Hodo

/BAR

Misspelled children.

DOC, if your going to create an alt MMORPG forum account name you should get away from the three letter names.    So WWIIOL still has 1000s of subscribers, prove it.   Hell I have seen more people in WURM Online and Starquest online than in WWIIOL prior to this F2P option, that should have came out 6 years ago when it was first suggested.

CRS had a good idea they just dropped the ball on it, and then kicked it around instead of picking it up and running with it.

Love it!

Anyone who actually plays this game and enjoys it is a "CRS" employee - thats been the consistent phrase fromn those people hating on this forum.

If nothing says more about the raging paranoia and hate the anti-crs posters have about this game and its current players, this does.

I don't mean to shock you out of your little hate filled world, but people

a. play this game and b. enjoy it

What's your problem with that?