Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official MMORPG.com GW2 Guild Server Poll

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi guys,

After some long deliberation I've narrowed down our official server choices to two potentially awesome launch servers. I'll break down the pros/cons for you guys as I see 'em below and leave the choice to you.

Fort Aspenwood:

+Popular server

+Alliance formed: Circle of Aspenwood Alliance

+Tons of other guilds

+Upper tier WvW performance throughout the beta events

-High population, especially in WvW, this means likely WvW queue times

-Tons of other guilds. Large guilds ensure WvW coverage around the clock, but could also impact your ability to get in and get involved yourself

Jade Quarry:

+ex-DAOC Vet Server

+Alliance formed: Jade Legion Alliance

+14 (30-ish player) guilds dedicated WvW guilds declared on GW2Guilds.org

+Solid WvW performance during beta events

-Not as popular or full of large guilds. This means WvW territory could face issues without a strong round-the-clock presence from hardcore guilds.

Personally, I'm leaning towards Aspenwood at this point, but I am concerned about potential WvW queues. I feel Jade Quarry may have a more positive (mature) community experience, but may not be as competitive in WvW as Aspenwood looks to be.

So, what say you?!

Comments

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Well I will be playing on Sanctum of Rall. The story behind it is just amazing and also, I don't like playing for the big-dogs. 

I'd love to join you guys but me and a buddy already got a guild made over there, but best to luck for ya and i'm sure we will be seeing each-other at some point :)

EDIT: O and if worse comes to worse I can just transfer over to you guys haha.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Let's go to the server the 4chan guild is heading. :D  Will be the best meme, racist filled server ever!!!

BOOYAKA!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I was already heading to Jady Quarry.  Not sure I want you nut jobs playing with me LOL jk
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    I thought we were Maguuma? ;-;

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I was already heading to Jady Quarry.  Not sure I want you nut jobs playing with me LOL jk

you're not kidding though you are deadly serious and for good reason. LOL

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    I thought we were Maguuma? ;-;

Maguuma was just a beta server. We are not heading there for launch. This is the official server poll for launch. Make your voice heard! :)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Was already heading to Jade Quarry. The WvsWvsW is already pretty organised, and there were a lot less immature people than from Sorrow's Furnace and Darkhaven.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by Istavaan

I'd prefer Jade Quarry if I had to pick between the two as well. Winning in WvWvW doesn't mean crap if you don't actually get to participate. WvWvW isn't going to be one of those things that people play heavy for the first month then stop, that's what's got the most people interested. Picking an already high-pop server is just asking for a reason to complain about pvp queues.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Fort gets my vote.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Istavaan

I am a little serious, yeah.  I've seen some crazies here (not saying I'm not one too) lol

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

So, with the whole queue potential problem in Fort I wonder why you and Grakulen voted for Fort??

After reading your post you had me convinced Jade was the server for us, until I read the last part....either is fine for me.

Originally posted by Kuppa

So, with the whole queue potential problem in Fort I wonder why you and Grakulen voted for Fort??

After reading your post you had me convinced Jade was the server for us, until I read the last part....either is fine for me.

I said I was leaning towards FA, not that I voted for it. Take that how you will. I would just vote for whatever you feel is best and let the chips fall where they may. We can always move together post launch if we are unhappy where we are (server transfers will be free for a bit).

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Hey Kuppa.

I'm just the type of player that would rather  deal with small queues from time to time then deal with potentially underpopulated servers.

-Rob

Originally posted by Grakulen

Hey Kuppa.

I'm just the type of player that would rather  deal with small queues from time to time then deal with potentially underpopulated servers.

-Rob

Ya, makes sense. Im the type that believes in unrealistic expectations of making a difference only playing at most a couple of hours a day. lol 

Originally posted by MikeB

I said I was leaning towards FA, not that I voted for it. Take that how you will. I would just vote for whatever you feel is best and let the chips fall where they may. We can always move together post launch if we are unhappy where we are (server transfers will be free for a bit).

Agreed.

One more thing, do any of these servers have timezones? Haven't seen any info about that anywere so Im assuming no, but I might be wrong.

One more thing, do any of these servers have timezones? Haven't seen any info about that anywere so Im assuming no, but I might be wrong.

All NA servers are located in Texas, IIRC. So, no. There are NA servers and EU servers and that's it.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    ill be on Tarnished Coast so guess ill see you all on the battlefield someday

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Aspenwood all the way.  Kurzick 4 Life.

Steam: Neph

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Why are you doingi this to me??? D:

Originally posted by star
    Why are you doingi this to me??? D:

Whaaa?

• ZaqirZaqir Member UncommonPosts: 55

Initially there might be que problems but it should settle down just enough, I don't think anything should be based upon the wait that may occur in the first month.

I voted Fort A aswell

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Fort Aspenwood.  I played sporadically during the BWEs, but the time was all spent on FA.  WVWVW was quite fun; most times, if we were down in WVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVW, we'd rally up and go out bashing in some heads.  The guild I run with has decided they might stray away from the server we spent the entire beta in, and if they go elsewhere, I'd join the MMORPG crew if it ends up, as I like to say, On the 'Wood.
  • GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Me and mine will be on Blackgate so I'll see you out there one day. I'll try to be gentle with my hammer :D
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Wolvards

Well I will be playing on Sanctum of Rall. The story behind it is just amazing and also, I don't like playing for the big-dogs. 

I'd love to join you guys but me and a buddy already got a guild made over there, but best to luck for ya and i'm sure we will be seeing each-other at some point :)

EDIT: O and if worse comes to worse I can just transfer over to you guys haha.

Second Sanctum of Rall. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

This discussion has been closed.