Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: The World of Items

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest WildStar Wednesday has been posted on the game's official site. This week, the economy shines in the spotlight with a new dev blog written by Jeremy Wood, Lead on the Economy Team. One of the team's goals is to give players lots of incentives to keep the item hunt ongoing through a variety of rewards for all types of players in all sorts of situations.

One of the keys to achieving that goal is to make items more interesting and varied. To that end, we have created an item system that supports complex and powerful modification. Most items in the game are potentially modifiable, and often the best items you can get will require components from various other sources in order to unlock their maximum potential. We aim to have enough complexity that there will never be one "best" helm, but instead many equally viable modifications of different helms to choose from based on your own preferences and play style. This all ties in heavily with our crafting system as well, which as a result is far more interesting than the simple items in/item out that we are all used to.

Read the full post on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    it's good to see they have thought so far ahead already in so many ways with this game, as well as having ways other than the traditional dungeons, pvp, questing, etc to get gear i am interested to hear what paths and challenges are. I have a really good feeling about this game.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    F2P, B2P, or subscription ?
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    I'm thinking it would be wise for them to go hybrid. But make all stuff free with a few limitations, with the sub model unlocks it Al.. Heck even B2P will more than suffice, so as long as the cash shop don't mess with outcomes..
  • MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

I am very interested in this game. With that said, I have no interest in p2p modeled games. I don't forsee the game doing well under a p2p model and I have no desire to jump aboard another ship only to have it sink.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

What this sounds like is those rare drops will just be the base for the item you need, and you'll be modifying them to suit your character through components. For instance, getting a hat that's bare with standard armor values, but has more slots than others for bonus mods. If that's true, that is AWESOME. Not only does it give people far more choices, but it saves the developers a lot of time, too. Rather than constantly coming up with new sets, you just introduce new components and every once in a while, a new skin.

Game is shaping up to be very interesting!

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• renadirenadi Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

What this sounds like is those rare drops will just be the base for the item you need, and you'll be modifying them to suit your character through components. For instance, getting a hat that's bare with standard armor values, but has more slots than others for bonus mods. If that's true, that is AWESOME. Not only does it give people far more choices, but it saves the developers a lot of time, too. Rather than constantly coming up with new sets, you just introduce new components and every once in a while, a new skin.

Game is shaping up to be very interesting!

I think if more devs were lazy instead of trying to make good products they might actually end up with better game systems, like this one for example.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by Valentina
    it's good to see they have thought so far ahead already in so many ways with this game, as well as having ways other than the traditional dungeons, pvp, questing, etc to get gear i am interested to hear what paths and challenges are. I have a really good feeling about this game.

Paths and Challenges

Do you want to learn more?

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• z80paranoiaz80paranoia Member Posts: 410

now i know i want this game
    well
    almost
    the only thing that could keep me away at this point
    is cost
    have to wait and see

Guild Wars 2 is my religion